Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh I'm there!!  :hug:

Better lay in a lot of wine, though! We drink a fair bit of Aussie and NZ grape, actually--good stuff!

Weird, isn't it? I don't worry about the sincerity of compliments, and I'm usually really cool about taking criticism (raised three daughters), but the best I can do when I'm stuck at the center of attention is to fix a wooden smile on my face and dig in my feet and try not to run for it. It feels like a panic attack.

I have no problem giving speeches in public (used to be an English Prof), if I have to, but this is different.

I guess the worst of it is that I haven't had a decent haircut in years!

Eileen

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Well, Lisa . . . I've gotta congratulate you anyway for your mag article.  I'm sure it's wonderful and very helpful - as you are yourself!

Kerrie - fantastic article and much deserved!  Your bears are, indeed, the best dressed!  Ashlee sounds like a daughter any mom would be delighted to have!  And that little Tiler . . . what a sweetheart!  This is a great post!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Congratulations  Lisa  :dance: Can't wait to see it! 
Kerrie, I saw your profile and congratulations to you too....great to meet you and see you here too bear_original  I love your bears!!!  So much work and detail, I'm in awe!!!
xox Sarah

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Lisa..the article is very well written and I'm sure it will prove very helpful to those just starting out. Well done! :clap:

Kerrie...your daughter is beautiful! I have a daughter who is 12 and she really loves the bears too. She has already made a couple and won a prize in The Melbourne Teddy Event junior section a year or so ago. She adores all things craft and travels to every bear and craft show with me...it's really special to be able to share such a passion with your daughter.
Is the Brisbane show you're talking of Bears In Brisbane or the Australian Bear Convention on the Gold Coast the following week?
I am going to the second one...would love to attend both but would have to stay over and it would be too costly.

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

giggling at Lisa...

I use to sleep under tables sometimes at bear shows because not just for being dead tired, but because i get embarrassed, i'm really quite shy in the flesh (not with a few glasses of wine though)..it doesn't appear i'm shy in writing at all, but believe me i am..

hehe.. Lisa, I do believe you were having a glass of wine when I met you. You were not shy.. you were absolutely gorgeous! And funny.. as a matter of fact.. I KNOW you were having wine cause I remember your hubby went off to get you more.
LOL
Hugs
Sonya

Board footer