Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Brenda,
I liked Taylor from the start.  I liked the difference in his voice.  Not your average Joe.  But then again, as I said before, I like all different kinds of music.  Hip hop, Reggae, Blues, Top 40, classical, country, Jazz.....you name it.  The only thing I can't take is the hard core rap that berates women and the police.  Most anything with a driving beat makes it really hard for me to sit still.  I crank the music up!!  Music moves me.

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

...I think the Extreme Moose Tracks in the freezer is calling my name---only, if I get it out, it will also be calling my husband's name when he sees it!  Hrm, what to do, what to do...

Amelia

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Music moves me too.  I've been listening to some ambience-setting music of late.  A double CD set from the luxury department store I referenced earlier... Tar-zhee'.  The one with the big red, um, target, in the logo.  It's a Celtic based grouping of melodies.  Very relaxing.  Waterfall sounds.

I used to be heavy into the hard rocking beat but I tell ya, life stresses me out so much lately.  I can't take it any more.  Feeling those 40 years, I guess.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Aleta, I like Taylor too, especially at the beginning.  I like him when he sings seriously - he has a fabulous voice.  I love him all "bluesy", not so much when he jumps all over the place!

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Shelli, there is absolutely nothing quite like huckleberries - they are sooo good, as long as they are ripe! I would compare them most to saskatoons, only way better except that you can eat saskatoons even if they are not totally totally ripe but if huckleberries aren't totally ripe they are really sour! My husband's favorite pie is huckelberry and saskatoon next then blueberrie.
Edi

Portland, Oregon
Website

Boring, Oregon.  Now that is one town I refused to live in.  When we were looking at homes in Oregon there were several in Boring.  I flat out told my husband there was NO WAY I was going to live in Boring, Oregon.  There was a gorgeous home listed there but, nope, not for me.  Can you imagine?  Bears from Boring Oregon?  Seriously.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

I admit it, I am a fruit failure.  Berries fail me.  Never ate many of them growing up, and huckleberries just haven't found their way serendipitously into my lap.  Is the only way to get ahold of them to steal them from a bear?  Or are they used in some common food items?  I don't recall seeing them on the grocer's produce area shelves.

My friend JoAnne Harnden calls her bears HUCKLEBEARY PATCH and I've been wondering about it ever since I first saw her business name, but was just too embarrassed to ask.  I figure you guys are too nice, too politic, or too drunk, to humiliate me at this point.

bear_original  :hug:   bear_flower

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Aleta, you crack me up.

Edie... yes, that clears it right up.  Huckleberries are just like saskatoons.

bear_noexpression  bear_noexpression  bear_noexpression  bear_noexpression  bear_noexpression

Shelli, I looooove Celtic music.  I must have lived in Ireland in another life cuz the music really touches me.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Edie, you're in Canada but your name is distinctly German.  Sind Sie in Deutschland geboren?

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Haven't got a clue what you said Shelli! No I'm not German - Scottish/English heritage but my husband's heritage is Ukranian/Polish if you are referring to my last name. My maiden name was Bond
Edie

Oh Renae - nutty buddies!  I haven't had one of those in years!!!

Portland, Oregon
Website

Ummmmm.  I've not ever had a huckleberry either.  Sorry.  I've had gooseberries though.  Does that count?  They're rather tart.

Brenda,
Taylor does have a weird dance style!  I think he should stick with edgier blues beats.

Shelli,
Love Tarzhey!  I love to just go there to look at their "stuff".  They have the best "stuff".   I really don't buy much.  I just like to go there.  Oh wait!  How 'bout when they have their Global Bizarre?  Now that's cool stuff!!  Now that, I buy!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Barlishen is Polish?  Really?  Wowza.

Well, I was trying to impress you with my limited German, but that's pretty much all I can say anyway.  That, and Wo ist die Toilette, bitte?  Which can be helpful when one needs to go, and NOW, in a German-speaking country.

My neighbor is from the Ukraine and he makes the BEST pierogis! He brings them over to me all folded and frozen and I just love them.  Yummy!

PS  What I think I said was, "Were you born in Germany?"

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

I love the Global Bazaar too.  (Aleta, do you realize you wrote Global BIZARRE... as in, Wacko?  How's that drink coming, girly?)

I have an awesome ironwork candelabra from those Bazaar/Bizarre shelves, thank you very much, and I buy the occasional cheapie shelving solution for my studio there.

Portland, Oregon
Website

JoAnne?  I know JoAnne!  She makes adorable wee little bears.  Now where was I going with this train of thought?  Oh darn.  The train left the station on this one.

We have a gooseberry bush and even the birds won't eat them LOL!  The wasps will eat them when the are overripe and squishy - I think that's how they get a drink when it 's really hot.

Kalispell, Montana

Ich bin krank.  Du bist dumkopf.

Hah!  That's what I remember in my exchanges of witty German repartee with my brothers---also of a like mind.  We were only 9-14..

Amelia

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Okay, gang, it's been a blast but I'm checking out - way past my bedtime! At least I lasted til we got to 20 pages!
nite, nite, Edie

I just googled JoAnne Harnden's name, cuz it sounded familiar, and now I know - you mean JoAnneK from Ebay!  Her bears are really sweet and she is a sweetie herself.  I've chatted a bit with her.  Isn't she Ellen Barnett's daughter (koolbear) from Ebay?

Kalispell, Montana

..but BEAR BELLS!!  You remember you always had to carry bear bells, to make sure the bears would hear you.  I could never understand that, thought parents wanted to pinpoint bears to childrens' locations and CRUNCH! MUNCH!  no more pesky kids!!

I've never heard of saskatoons either.  *googling*

Amelia

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Renae, I always imagine you growing up in a mossy wood, wearing flowing robes of chiffon.  Something like a cross between Stevie Nicks and Galadriel.  With a distinct, glowy-white aura about you.  Seriously.

Portland, Oregon
Website

Bizaare, Bazaar.  Whatever!   :crackup:  :crackup: See now.  This is what happens when you have two glasses of wine!  When I have to glasses of wine.  I don't know what happens when you have two glasses of wine!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

edie wrote:

Okay, gang, it's been a blast but I'm checking out - way past my bedtime! At least I lasted til we got to 20 pages!
nite, nite, Edie

Oh, poo.

Nitey nite, Edie.  It's been great to chat with you.

bear_original

Portland, Oregon
Website

Goodnight Edie!  It's been lovely chatting with you!

Board footer