Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

Yep, she's Ellen's daughter, they're both oh-so-wonderfully nice!!  I really REALLY want JoAnne's panda she has up right now, but my husband would go through the roof!!!

Amelia

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Amelia, two of my favorite German words are:

buchertasche (briefcase, but translated literally, BOOK PURSE)... and

versicherung (insurance)

They're just impossible to say.  What can I tell you?  I enjoy a challenge. bear_original

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Amelia, we had bear bells in Deep River too, for when we were in the bush or hiking.  I'd forgotten about them - I think I still have some.

Kalispell, Montana

*waves@Edie*  G'night!!!  =)

Amelia

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Is that like when you put bells on a cat to warn/scare the birds away, for their own good?  Only I'm guessing that the "bear bells" are worn for OUR own good?

Where did I grow up?  Under a rock????  No huckleberries, no saskatoons, no bear bells.  Man, I feel deprived!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Yup!  Ellen's daughter.

Night, night, Edie!!

Yep, Shelli, the idea is that the bears will hear the bells and know people are coming and leave the area.

Portland, Oregon
Website

Growing up in Alaska we wore "bear bells" when we went hiking.  I've seen more wildlife living here in Portland than I ever did in Alaska though.  Just last week, three deer ran across the lawn, up the driveway and disappeared behind the arbivitae.  We hear coyote most nights (creepy, let me tell you) and have wild rabbits hopping here and there and everywhere.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh no 21st page ??  bear_laugh
Good night everyone !!  bear_flower

I heard sushi gives you intestinal worms.

Yes that is so TRUE.
so if your are eating Sushi(raw fish) make sure to drink GREEN TEA and put some WASABI on you sushi. Green Tea and Wasabi has power of "sterilize". For childrens, they can't stand of the taste of WASABI(too hot) so don't let them eat too much of raw fish.
by the way.... I eat Sushi for every week but
my intestines are ok so far. he he :crackup:

Hugs/Marie

Aleta, you grew up in Alaska?  How cool is that!  It looks absolutely breathtaking in Alaska.  How many years did  you live there and do you still have family there?

Kalispell, Montana

..we have a HUGE bell on a cat who-used-to-be-mine-but-I-gave-to-the-inlaws-when-I-got-pregnant-because-the-cat-kneads-womens'-breasts, and she STILL manages to kill birds.  I think she might have two or three bells on her collar now, but she's just learned to walk very very softly.

Amelia

Bells don't work on cats, cuz they stalk too slowly.  By the time they pounce and the bird hears the bell, it's waaaaayyy too late. LOL!

Portland, Oregon
Website

Okay girls.  Last one up is a rotten egg!  I'm going to spend some quality time with hubby.  It's been an absolute blast!!  We'll have to do this again for sure!! 

Quy, how bout a once a month on-line chat?  Any more than that and none of us would get anything done!!

Warmest and biggest bear hugs to all who joined in and for all those who lurked about,   :hug:
Aleta

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Marie, I'm afraid of raw fish.  Not for health reasons.  Because it's squishy and jiggly.

:)

Undercooked pork can give you intestinal worms too.  No offense intended to sushi!

I didn't know that about Wasabi, by the way.  I bought some Wasabi peas at Trader Joes (dried; they're a snack food) and I keep wanting to crack them open and try a few.  Also found some dried edamame pods.  I was on a health food kick.  I've been eating CheezeIts instead.  My bad.

I once saw a TV special on something like Discovery or TLC which was entirely about parasites.  You just cannot BELIEVE what can get into the human body, and what it can do, once there.  Ewwww.  That about sums it up!

This was a great idea, Aleta.  Night, night!

Kalispell, Montana

G'night, Aleta!!  I must go also, husband is getting ready to snuggle on the couch.

*waves*  G'night, everyone!  Make it to 30!

Amelia

I hate to be a spoiled sport but it's after 1:30 a.m. and I'm pooped - didn't sleep well last night.  The cats will wake me up early to go out.  Have fun girls!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Aw, goodnight Aleta!  It's so fun when a good thing has to end.  But the good things always do, don't they; end, I mean. :(

I should probably be moseying on myself at this point.  Just tucked the boys into bed (late) because I was distracted by the great good folks here!  And I have some work to do and hubby will be by shortly for some quality time of his own.

You're every one of you a delight and I've enjoyed this fun Fuzzy-Slipper concept enormously.  Louise, Aleta, thanks so much for making it happen.

Renae... If you aren't Stevie Nicks/Galadriel in appearance and dress, than you certainly are in spirit, because that's the YOU I've conjured -- and nobody else here remotely close -- since nearly the first words you typed.  I'm glad that saying so made you smile.

Love you gals!  Nite nite!

Portland, Oregon
Website

Okay.  Two more minutes....and only because Brenda asked about Alaska.  Alaska is beautiful for those who like short summers and cold, dark winters.  I'm a city girl who likes a little bit of country.  Just enough to keep the neighbors from peering into your windows.  My husband and I grew up there.  We went to the same high school.....ran with different crowds.  We both still have family there.  My sister, her husband and kids live there.  My husbands whole family still lives there.  My best friend still lives there.  I miss her like mad.  My husband and I detest going back to Alaska to visit.  We've become city folk and Alaska just isn't "city".

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh no Shelli, no offence, I know raw fish or raw pork (any of raw thing...) must have something in it !!  be aware ~ :twisted: 

I once saw a TV special on something like Discovery or TLC which was entirely about parasites.  You just cannot BELIEVE what can get into the human body,

I think I saw similar TV show  " about parasites ".  ewwwwww !!
I saw a lady was attacked by big  mosquito at some where in beach and the mosquito left eggs in her head !! how scary !!!!

Ok no more scary story and
sorry for not caching up every body's post.
I will go back to my work ! see ya !!
Hugs/Marie

Okay ALeta, I was just checking for last posts before turning off the computer.  Alaska is one place I would love to see.  I actually love winter, and don't do well with summer at all - way too hot!  Sooooo, I always figured that Alaska would work for me, but unfortunately, not hubby.  It just looks soooo beautiful!  How often do you go for visits or do you?

Portland, Oregon
Website

We do visit though not often.  Between Bill's family, mine and my best friend it ends up being a tug-of-war.  Not fun at all.  We'd rather pay to have everyone come and visit us on a one-on-one  basis.  They love the shopping that the "lower 48" provides and we don't have to leave home.  It's a win/win.

Portland, Oregon
Website

G'night Marie, Brenda, Renae, and Shelli!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

I remember visits to our home town, when all our parents were alive.  It can be really hard to satisfy everyone else, nevermind yourselves.  We always came exhausted and grumpy, so I understand.  Everyone wants more than you can give LOL  It's nice that you can have eveyone come to visit you.  I'm off to bed too, now.  Night Aleta!

Board footer