Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

325-pix-golly.jpgGladys,

Sounds good to me . bear_smile  You mean a Golly anime challange? I am ready if so  bear_grin Lets do it !! I love gollies.You dont see them allot and it is always so fun when you do. Count me in .

Jodi Falk

Jodis6-17-05001.jpg

Golly and Wally by Jodi Falk

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

eeeeehaaaaaa hey Jodi....welcome to the challenge:)
Hugs,

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hi Jodi....fantastic I am so glad you too are joining in!  I am so glad we are getting so many golly lovers around here!!!

I love your avatar and the piccy you posted!  how cute, darling, wonderful!!!  i am so glad you joined TT and the Anime Golly Challenge!

Yayyyy Gladys....you gave me a giggle my frined, one because my spelling is horrendous and two because we have so much enthusiasm going!  WooHoo!!!

My gollies are getting excited about the anime face....i am gettinf so much advice here.....yikes.....

hugs dilu

Getting golly fever can be very contagious Charlotte....you take care....its a virus that wont leave you alone!

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Girl_runs.gif

Hey wait for me!
Don't forget me!
I'm in too ... as long as I can get off this blasted TT site and get some WORK DONE!!! I've six UFO's to get done before I start so the deadline had better be faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar off yet!

Big hugs to yo all,
Sandi

Wooo Hooo can you all believe this.....and
I bet we all thought we were lonely little golly lovers in the great big wonderful BEARWORLD....

Ha....this tickled pink!

oh  deadline.....Miss Gladys.....do we have a deadline?????

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

HEY!! I already gave a dead line!!! August 31!! I did ask if it was ok with everybody or more time will be better......I am a very"flexible"  bear_innocent  boss ( See Dilu? I did it RIGHT!! ) We still having people are liking the idea. Welcome Jodi LOVE your Golly, and bear couple ! They look that they are having lots of fun!!Your Avantar picture is great too! Ok back to the DL , like I said, we are getting more people. Do we live it for the end of August or more time is needed?
Let me know.
Bear hugs.
Gladys :rose
PS.
We'll never leave without you  Sandy!! bear_wub

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Good Morning bear_original  Well...In here where I am is. bear_smile
Here are the first pictures of my Gollies in "progress". The one that has hair already, is the boy and the one bold is going to be a girl. She has eyelashes..I don't know if you can see it (  not good at taking pictures bear_sad  ) . The other two pictures are of the braided yarn ( some with color treads in them ), that  I will use for hair, on some of them, mainly on the girl ..I thinK? bear_ermm
Ok I have to go is soooooooooooooooooooo hot in here today !!
Have a nice weekend.
Gladys bear_flower 000_0750.jpg000_0751.jpg000_0752.jpg000_0753.jpg

Oh wow Gladys,

I am so interested in your faces.  Mine are not nearly this exagerated, but I think it is really adorable!  I am looking forward to the whole thing.

a130.gif

Hot?  How hot is it?  Are the fires bothering you?  I don't know where you are in Southern Cal.  I did some of my growing up in Southern Cal....I remember hot before we had central air conditioners.  Yikes!!!

You take care, I hope the air quality is not so bad, the fires i imagine are horrendous.

You're doing a great job on you gollies.  I have decided to give the one I am working on away- so she is spoken for, but the other two I would be willing to swap.  Had you thought about doing swaps with this challenge?

hugs

I love your spelling-it makes me feel right at home!

c010.gif

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Good that my misspelling makes someone feels good! Thanks for helping feel more at easy in here Dilu, really, not joking now. You are GREAT! I am so happy that, an expert like you, like my babies!! I planing to make another ones  more tradicional ( smaller heads for sure!! ) I love the idea of swapping..but, I always  think that my designs are not good enough bear_sad ...What can I say?? That makes my friends mad a  me but, I can't help it bear_cry How that swap thing works?...Just in case I feel brave?? bear_rolleyes
In here is 106 ( I know ...YIKES!! ). The fires are not too close, I am in a city about one hour and a half  (more or left depending on traffic ) of LA. The fires are at about 200 or 250 miles from here. Poor people that are loosing their houses, their homes!! I can think of being told to leave in a hurry...What about the bears!! I pray that the fires stay away from homes!!
Ok I better go. I have been on today for a long time. We normally go out ( my husband and I ) on Saturday but today??? NO WAY!!  Too hot out there!
In here is 3:00 pm already. I can see that you are on...I wish this was like MSN that you can talk !! Well...Have a nice rest of the day.
Bear hugs.
Gladys bear_flower
PS. Let me see if I can show you another of my Gollies..You never know with me if it is going to "be" here or not bear_cry 13.jpg

c018.gif 

Oh Dear. Gladys, honey, I am no expert in anything.  But thanks.  I would take the title if I could.

I have made close to hundred of the little critters in all different shapes and sizes, and I have done some research.  But that's about all.

c015.gif

Re: Swaps

c029.gif

So If you like the idea why don't we all write down our names who want to swap and, uh, well you're the Boss so maybe when you have everyone's names who want to swap you could pull 2 names at a time out of a hat?

hugs

dilu

g132.gif

WHO WANTS TO SWAP WHEN WE ARE DONE?

g010.gif

I am in with 2 gollies...

dilu

e112.gif

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

arrrrgh...darn!  My golly is heading off to NYC this week to sit at the desk of my bro-in -law!  He's an animator and liked her, so we just swaped!  He's making me an art card and he get's polly golly.

~Chrissi  bear_flower

Well, honey make another!  We'd love to have you in for the swap!

e032.gif

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Oh!.. That is how is done!! Ok...LISTEN! From the boss! bear_grin  Who want to get in list to swap?
I took some pictures of the Anime Gollies that I am working on...Lets see "if" I can show them in here ..NO promise!! I will try to show you guys my boy that it is dress..I think I want to give  him with something?? Another one is of the girl naked!!  :redface:  I don't know what I am going to do with her hair?? Is done and I can let it like that or...add more hair?
Here goes ...( I hope!! )! :pray: 000_0766.jpg000_0762.jpg

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

I CAN NOT SHOW THE BOY ALL DRESS UP!!! bear_angry Sorry for the screaming :redface: It says Error of some kind! bear_sad  Well at least you can see my naked girl!
Sorry about the boy, i will have to take another picture and see what idid wrong bear_sad
Have a wonderful rest of the day. In here was as high as 106 but now is down to 102...Hope tomorrow is better!!
Bear hugs.
Gladys bear_flower

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

12.jpg
Hi Dilu here is a "Senior" Golly. I hope that you can see him. Is part of the set of Golly and bear I donated to Good Bears of the World a few years ago.....Oh I wish I would be able to know where they end up?? That is one ( I'll will like that only one!! ) thing that I am weird about it. hard to let them go sometimes!!
Gladys bear_flower

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

This is a BRILLIANT IDEA!!!!!  bear_thumb  bear_grin  :dance:

Count me in girls...............
Now, admittedly i have'nt read ALL the posts here yet so if it has to be done like tomorrow, then i can't manage it but if i know us lot here i'm guessing it will be a pretty gentle timescale for finishing.

I LOVE anime as you all know - my Asian Ball Joint Doll collection is now up to 3 girls and 1 boy (i only intended to buy one doll but you know what it's like when you get to collecting stuff) but i did read Dilu's post about what suprising things she found when she Googled Anime.............ha ha ha, it was a bit of a shock to me too when i first did that!
bear_shocked  bear_wacko

I'm quite inspired by this website, don't worry no nudity etc here just a bunch of Japanese teens dressed up in cosplay oufits.....http://mare.exteen.com/.....Why are Japenese girls soooooooo gorgeous? They make me feel like a fat giant (oh yeah, i forgot.......i am a fat giant)
:crackup:

I love making gollies and can't wait to have a go at this challenge.

I ADORE ALL THE ANIME GOLLIES POSTED HERE SO FAR - WAY TO GO GOLLY GIRLS!  bear_thumb  bear_wub

Penny  bear_tongue

Celena Oxford

Hi Penny, I was looking at the link you gave on the gorgeous japanese girl...er...i am a bit confused though...the language on the website was Thai, and the girls and boys don't looked very japanese...more like they were dressing up to look like their favourite japanese anime character...maybe I am wrong...my eyes weren't that good though for past days hee hee....apologise if i made a mistake in that.

Beary hugs
Celena

Celena wrote:

Hi Penny, I was looking at the link you gave on the gorgeous japanese girl...er...i am a bit confused though...the language on the website was Thai, and the girls and boys don't looked very japanese...more like they were dressing up to look like their favourite japanese anime character...maybe I am wrong...my eyes weren't that good though for past days hee hee....apologise if i made a mistake in that.

Beary hugs
Celena

Ha Ha Celena..............the trouble with my comp. browser is that whenever i access a website with any Asian/Oriental text it only shows as something like this.........%$£"""*&98^ if you get my meaning, so as i don't read/speak any other langauge other than English it could be written in Martian for all i know, i just went by the Japanese anime character names that are written in English.

Can you translate the text then?

Penny  :hug:

Celena Oxford

Hee hee Penny...I know what you mean...the computer would show the asian text as %&*^*()&*( hee hee unless you have the text installed in your pc...

Oppsss...sorry Penny, I can't translate the text as I don't know thai BUT recognise how the text looks like only...same with Chinese...as people called me here "A BANANA" , yellow on the outside but white on the inside..meaning doesn't know how to read or write Chinese even though I am a Chinese :-(

Beary hugs
Celena  :hug:  :hug:

I have Pm'd you Celena as i did'nt want this thread to go off topic  :hug:

Penny

Penny's Back!!!  Woo Hoo  Glad to have you back Penpen....missed you bunches!

Are you in on the swap?

Renae I am glad that you like the fabric....glad it got there!

Gladys, your grandpa golly is great!

I am fiddeling around with eyes today....we shall see......

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Thanks Dilu.  bear_wub The picture is not good ( worse than usual!! ) because it was with my old camera. I was thinking that maybe I design a grandpa for our challenge?? I am working on two more ( I am getting carried away in here!! ). I saw the one in the gallery that has green eyes and I think it look so deferent!! I am thinking on making one with blue eyes I have never done a Golly with blue eyes but, I want to ask Chrissi if she mind, the idea of color eyes was hers after all.
Have a great night.
Bear hugs.
Gladys bear_flower

So how is everyone doing with their gollies?

I am struggeling to make geta's for the 2 tall girlikins.  But alll three are dressed....but only one has a mouth.....and I want to do something with their hair.

Now there's a real laugh- do something with their hair....sigh... a075.gif

f035.gif just checking in to see how everyone is doing. 

does any one know if you can put masacara on mohair eye lashes? g130.gif

huggies

Board footer