Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

MVC-014F.jpgHi Dilu...I am so happy to see somebody in here!! HelloooO!! Where is everybody bear_sad !! Maybe everybody ( except you and I Dilu bear_noexpression !! ) went on vacation?? I know..They are busy, busy with their Anime Gollies! bear_thumb  In here is a picture ( I hope!! ) of a Golly and a bear I made a while ago for a friend, the two of them are aged ( the horse too! ) and I name "it"  Attic friends. Hope you can see it.
Bear hugs.
Gladys bear_flower

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

WOW! It did work!! I am telling you i always surprised that a picture shows in here!! I had sooooooooooooooo much trouble before, not that i am an expert now but, at least i can do it!! I have to work now on making better pictures  bear_grin  Is always something!! bear_rolleyes
Dilu I have not used mascara but, I had other types of make-up like blush. You better try it on the eyelashes before you put them on...Just in case bear_ermm
Have a great day.
Bear hugs.
Gladys bear_flower

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Hi Renae bear_flower  Thanks! I know that the picture is not too good bear_sad  About the eyelashes, that is so right, that it will take two, to do it but, what about if ( I just thought about it!!) you use tape, to secure and cover the area surrounding the eyelashes? Maybe it will work and you will not need bear_thumb  another set of hands!

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

000_0790.jpg
I can see that Dilu went off...To work on the eyelashes I am sure!! bear_thumb  Renae here is one of my Anime style Gollies. He is in trouble ..with ice- cream all over his shirt and shoe!!
Hope the picture load thing works...
Bear hugs.
Gladys bear_flower

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Well...I have an Anime Golly on the gallery already!! I used the same that is on my last message! I am so glad that I was able to put the picture ( you know me and PICTURES! ) Hope you guys like "Jamal"  the poor kid is in trouble with the big mess he is making enjoying his Strawberry Ice-cream! Uh!!! I think I am going to get me one and...I'll worry about the calories later. bear_thumb
Bear hugs.
Gladys bear_flower

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Gladys your piccys are adorable....little ice cream guy made me laugh, on a day where i don't feel much like laughing....maybe after I finish my exercises.....I think the geta's are done.....now I need to get them on....its the fine details that take forever!

di

I guess its just a discouraging day.  Not for me personally, but on a global level.  I don't like to talk about it, though, cuz the kiddikins get so upset.  They really don't understand the concept of war.

Now to get these geta's on these little feets.....

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Gladys, your little ice cream anime golly is darling!
Bear hugs, Edie

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Golly-sized3.JPGGolly-sized1.JPGI just finished my anime golly today and have done some photos. She doesn't have a name yet - will have to start thinking of some golly type names here. She is a miniature, 3 1/2" tall, with black mohair/alpaca blend hair and red silk bows, red leather shoes, and a crocheted dress.

Now I know why I don't make gollies - I can't see to stitch that black fabric, and they have to be dressed! I'll have to try a brown or purple or white golly next time and do incorporated clothing! Anyway it was fun, but I think I'll get back to bears for now!
Bear hugs, Edie

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

The gollies so far are SO cute!!  It's great to see what everyone's individual take is on the challenge  bear_original

Glady's I read your post a few back...I'm sure I'm not the first to put green eyes on a golly..that would never bother me..no way..use any color eyes you like my dear! bear_flower

These are so cute. I can't wait to see more!!

~Chrissi

Edie!  So cute!! so small so cute so adorable!!!

I hope everyone who has posted piccys is going to take part in the Swap!   I haven't seen a one that I wouldn't love to have come live here.

I am getting close to done......

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Thank you ladies! My favorite ice-cream flavor is chocolate  but, strawberry shows better.
Sorry that you are not having a good day Dilu bear_sad  Hurry up and feel good!! We need to see your Gollies!!
Bear hugs.
Gladys bear_flower

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Oh Eddie no!...Keep making Gollies! Yours is adorable!! She has such a happy face that makes you smile and that is what Gollies ( at least for me ) are all about. Making you happy. I  want to see more!! :clap:
Thanks Chrissi  bear_flower
Bear hugs.
Gladys

DSC02059-2.JPGDSC02057-2.JPGDSC02055-2.JPGa045.gif

Meet little

Kokoro Haru

.  roughly translates to Sweet Spring

She is shocked to learn that she will be starting school soon and simply can not believe she will be expected to read books!

Kids these days....what are you going to do?

I hope she will be tradeable- even though she was the first of her kind.  Her pattern will be altered now that I see her made up.

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

She looks very sweet Dilu!
Bear hugs, Edie

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Oh Dilu !! Kokoro is darling! She is a wee one! How tall is she? I do not think you have to do any alterations on her pattern. She is perfect as she is!  bear_thumb
She should be up on the Gallery!! I want to see her there Dilu. Wonderful job!
Hugs.
Gladys bear_flower

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA
edie wrote:

I just finished my anime golly today and have done some photos. She doesn't have a name yet - will have to start thinking of some golly type names here. She is a miniature, 3 1/2" tall, with black mohair/alpaca blend hair and red silk bows, red leather shoes, and a crocheted dress.

Now I know why I don't make gollies - I can't see to stitch that black fabric, and they have to be dressed! I'll have to try a brown or purple or white golly next time and do incorporated clothing! Anyway it was fun, but I think I'll get back to bears for now!
Bear hugs, Edie

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
Love this one !!! Good job , I love it. Made me smile and that's what it is all about !! :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :clap:  :clap:

Jodi Falk bear_grin

Jodi said:

Made me smile and that's what it is all about !!

You are so right!

LuLuBelle2-2.jpglittleLULUbelle-back.jpgLooky what I found.....ok I made her....I got distracted on the other two and decided this one should get dresses.....she hasnt a name yet.....shall we have a contest?

I really like her, but think I should sell her....but i am not sure she will sell, she's a little different.hmmmm

anyway, here's another to share......

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Hi Dilu she is adorable!! Soooooooooooooooooo cute! I love her outfit, her hair and her shoes bear_thumb  !!Who will not want such a cute pie like that!!
I don't know for how long I will be able to come to chat  bear_sad  I am having trouble with the computer and I think is MAYOR!! I have been for a few hours saving as much stuff as I can just in case decides to quit on me!! So much to save!!
I am going to get on the Gallery another two I did and if you don't hear from me .....I am without a computer!! I don't know what i will do with myself!!! Hopefully it will not be for too long....If I "vanish...PLEASE don't forget me!!
I better go now.
Bear hugs.
Gladys bear_flower

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Is ME again! My computer keeps on turning itself on nd off!! bear_wacko
Dilu I like the idea of a contest to name your cute Golly. What about "Lulu" ?
BH.
Gladys bear_flower

LULU- I like that.....

any other ideas?

Renae, you are so funny.  I got it here:     http://www.fabric.com/

I try to shop the closeouts....3.99 a yard and such like this.

hugs

dilu

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Attention to all participating on the Anime Golly Challenge!!! The boss speaking bear_grin  I need to know the people that wants to participate on a swap. Please let me know, bear_innocent  that way I can make a list  of names. Ok? bear_thumb
Bear hugs.
Gladys bear_flower

I'm in

I can have 2 gollies to swap if we have an uneven number

thanks Gladys!

Board footer