Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Pages:
Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC02067-2.JPGDSC02071-2.JPGDSC02069-2.JPGDSC02065-2.JPGDSC02068-2.JPGDSC02072-2.JPG

Meet Murasaki Hana

She is quite special.  Just ask her!

She is otherwise known as Princess Purple Flower.  She is headeing up to Northern climates to live with a friend.  So she can't be part of the swap

Her golli-style kimono was made from Japanese fabric.  Really!  (left over from quilting of course.)

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Such a very lovely lady, Dilu!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Dilu, you have simply outdone yourself.  She incredibly gorgeous....I love her...and of  course purple is MY favorite color.  I love her little shoes!!!   

You'll have to make more of this style!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Superb, Dilu!  Did you sculpt her shoes?

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Dilu Murasaki Hana is superb for sure !! Everything about her is!! Bravo!!  I agree with Shantell, you have to make more!! I have to know too if you sculpted her shoes.
Congratulations on job well done Dilu! bear_thumb
Hugs bear_flower
Gladys

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Will you please give in here your names, the ones that want to participate on the Anime Golly swap? We have to start getting ready if we want to do it. Dilu and I are in. I think it will be so much fun! bear_thumb
Hugs.
Gladys

I downloaded a picture of the shoes....they are called getas and did the best I could with polymere clay.  Of course since my gollies don't have toes they can't have the truly traditional getas.

I have another little lady to finish and get up here.....

NOW:  Before anyone says anything:  The kimonos aren't completly traditional.  Its the sleeves.    The traditional sleeves have these nifty little pockets inside....but I was worried that these girls would hide chocolate in there and then forget all about it.  Can you imagine the mess?!

I'm glad you all are liking them.  I liked doing it because of the challange, and our very own Marie     bear_wub    helped me with the names.

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

You did a beautiful job with all of her and no...not good if she could hide chocolate!! I do like to work with Cernick ( another kind of clay ) but, at this time of the year, IMVC-030F.jpg do not like the idea of turning up the oven!!
I felt yesterday, like the bear in this picture!! I am , tanks to the Lord, more in the pink today!
Gladys bear_flower MVC-009F.jpg

No, I think I'll let her new mom keep her comfy..... c032.gif

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

GollyNecklace.jpgGollyDoll.jpgMy very first golly!  First off, it's not a proper golly.  My only experience with dolls has been making raggedy, folk art-y cloth dolls, so that's what I decided to do.  She's not jointed and has button eyes since I didn't have any black glass eyes big enough.  Her hair is fake fur.  So . . . since she's not a really nice, technically correct girl, I won't join in the swap and will give her to one of my bears for a playmate.  I made her bottle cap necklace, also.  She's 10 1/2" tall.  Thanks for taking a look.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wowie, that's darling, Sue Ann!  Is there anything you can't do???  I love her!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Shelli wrote:

Is there anything you can't do???

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Thank you, Shelli!!!!!

Sue Ann said

First off, it's not a proper golly.

But that's just it my love!!!

She is a proper golly!

As proper as any golly I have ever made, and what else do I have to go by?

She is fantabulous and all the little golliwollikins here at the Golly House are going goodgollynuts!

I even have a smitten boy who has gollygoogly eyes for her.

She is simply adorable! and I think you did  beautifully.  I would be honored to have  a golly of yours live with us any day of the week.  She is so sweet!

[size=18]I am so tickled you made one and shared the picture.  She is wonderful![/size]

[size=24]I love her!    [/size]  g010.gif

Sue Ann also said

So . . . since she's not a really nice, technically correct girl,

Uh....exactly how technically correct do you think I make mine????

Better not answer that here.....PM me if you like.....but....uh...... :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Sue Ann, I am with Shelli and Dilu. She is GREAT! :clap: Like Dilu, I will love to have her come to live with us!! Do be part of the swap PLEASE :pray:  Gollies are fun to make and  they bring a smile every time you pass them by!
The construction of a Golly, really is not too different from a Raggedy Ann  doll, some of them you can make more like a bear ( jointed  ) but, one way or the other they are GREAT!
Thanks for sharing the picture! Good job :clap:
Bear hugs and Golly kisses
Gladys

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Well, maybe I should explain myself.  I tweaked, twisted, and made a few adjustments to my basic doll design instead of working out a new, fresh golly design with joints, glass eyes, etc.  In case I decide to make more gollies, I've ordered some wool roving to use as hair rather than the fake fur.  Anyhoo, Dilu, you are the High Priestess of golly making and I have a loooooooong way to go before I reach your - and all you other expert doll makers' - level.  Psssst . . . my golly doesn't have underpants, so all the tacky sewing shows under her skirt, too.  I'd just feel better keeping this first one since I don't think her quality is quite as good as it should be.    :redface:  :redface:  :redface:

Oh Sue Ann;

Dilu, you are the High Priestess of golly making

You made me cry my friend, because that is such a kind thing to say, and coming from you?  Well that goes into that special place in my heart where I save the extra specials to savor over and over.

Now, don't anyone tell Deb Canaham......teehee.... g040.gif

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Thank you Renae! I am so glad that you guys like the challenge and that  people that never maybe thought they will make a Golly, are making them and ..having fun!!! They are a lot of fun and you are right  Renae, one of the wonderful things about Gollies is that, like I  said when we started..Anything goes with them! bear_thumb
I just finished another Golly, a ballerina, that is going to a a friend and a baby boy ( I think I am keeping him! ) I will take pictures tomorrow to show you guys.
Bear hugs and Golly smiles.
Gladys.

Now, where is Tanya?  I know she's a busy bee, but golly I hope she hasn't forgtton us.... c024.gif

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

000_0804.jpgHi you guys. I am dead tired after the joys of house cleaning but, like I told you I am going to show  you guys in here the Anime golly ballerina I made for my friend's "B" day. I was going to make her dress pink because I have the pink ballet shoes ( I do...where ...? That is the problem!! ) I end up making her shoes and her out fit blue, to match her blue eyes. I did made a little Anime golly baby. He has a pink ( heart shape ) mouth. I put an armature in his arms and that way he can "suck" his thumb bear_original . Both of them are made out of flannel and their mouthes are felt, their eyes are onyx and the Ballerina ( does not have names yet!! ) has Mohair hair nd the baby I don't know the nema of the fabric, is one of those fabrics that i see and I say to myself...I can used this one day!! I am sure you guys know the 'feeling" bear_grin
Ok I better go and have a cup of coffee i do need it after all that work!!
Bear hugs and Golly smiles.
Gladys bear_flower 000_0796.jpg000_0797.jpg000_0807.jpg

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Tooooo cuuuuute, Gladys!!

WOW!!!  I love her Gladys, and her colors are FANTABULOUS!!!

And your babikins is too too cute!!!

Wonderful work for sure!!!

I was wishing there were a way to get these wonderful gollies out there for the world to see.

Then I thought:
Hey wait a minute dilu, don't be so silly!  They already have a forum, it's TeddyTalk. 

You can be here so much and get to know so many people you can easily forget that THIS is a world wide forum!

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Thank you Sue Ann and Dilu. You guys make me feel sooooooooo happy that you, that are so good at what you make, like my Gollies!!  The Ballerina ( I need NAMES!! HELP PLEASE!!!! ) her eyes are not onyx ( the baby's are ) her eyes are... .Do I dare to say it?? Plastic bear_shocked  Like I said...for me ..ANYTHING goes for Gollies! The Ballerina.....I think I got a name!! What do you think about "Trina Ballerina"?? Her arms have armature too, like you can see she loves to pose for the camera!! The baby, you can not see it too good ( the photographer' fault!!  bear_sad  ) but, he has a little belly bottom. Now I am making his Mum...I think he is too young for her sisters to take care of him bear_grin
You are right Dilu, we sometimes forget how small the world gets on TT!! Our beloved Gollies are being meet by a lot of people!!
Thank you again ladies.
Bear hugs and Golly smiles
Gladys bear_flower

I think Trina Ballerina is just about as perfect as it gets!  And your friend will love her, I'm sure!!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Ditto Dilu!

Pages:

Board footer