Banner Sponsors

Chruscikies - Chrusciki, Kruschiki, White Eagle, Morton's, Chrischickies, Krischickies, Chruscikis, ChruscikiesKatieCountryBears - One of a kind hand made with love by Kay Holroyd

#1 Feb 10, 2011 05:04 PM

karen12

[Patterns] 30+ Free Teddy Bear Patterns

Hello everyone.

This is a list I put together of over 30 free teddy bear patterns that I was able to find from all around the web. I thought that you all might find it helpful.

Free Teddy Bear Patterns

Karen
SewingSupport.com

#2 Feb 11, 2011 02:10 AM

gugu"s teddies
gugu;s teddies

Re: [Patterns] 30+ Free Teddy Bear Patterns

Can anyone please give some help as to how i would start to make my own patterns  also i should think you would cut out on old fabric  first can anyone please start me off in the right direction thanks Paula

#3 Feb 11, 2011 05:55 AM

Lovethosebears
 »
eBay

Some great patterns there Karen, thanks for sharing.

Paula - there are lots of good books out there and Ebearz does a fantastic course.  Otherwise you can start by making some small changes to someone elses pattern (try one of the above) - just to see how a pattern goes together.  There is alot of advice in our library section (above with the waving smiley).  I have just finished making a bear out of a pattern which is 100% mine, before that I played with commercial patterns and patterns from magazine like Australian Bear Creations.  I used faux fur to start out and a few scraps of mohair I either won on ebay or was kindly given.  You can always make up a draft pattern in polycotton (called a wet cat on Ebearz) which gives you a good idea on how your bear (or animal) will look and allow you to make changes without the waste of using precious mohair.  Hope this helps.

#4 Feb 12, 2011 06:51 AM

lovenshire
 »
Love and Cuddle Nursery
Website

Paula, my suggestion would be to get Ted Mentens book "Teddy Bear Studio".  It's a great book and explains how to design any bear you want.

#5 Sep 14, 2011 04:05 PM

bearlady13

I would like to find that book also. Thanks

#6 Sep 14, 2011 05:21 PM

Gabriele~GJOYfulBears
 »
GJOYful Bears
Website Blog

Wow I had no idea there were so many places that taught how to design them ~ thanks for mentioning them I'm going to look into them as I love to learn anything new. I have been designing my patterns since I started making bears ~ my first bear was another artist's pattern and from there I designed my own, I just took a stab at it and surprisingly it worked out well and of course they've gotten better as I've gone on and learnt from mistakes. I'm a self-taught artist mostly and wish I had have had internet when I started as I wouldn't have had to ruin some very good mohair and mink in the process.... But thankfully all my patterns and bears have come a long way LOL bear_laugh

Thanks for mentioning those books! bear_original

#7 Jul 18, 2012 01:09 AM

Norma

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this - I am really going to enjoy making my teddy.

Regards

Norma bear_wub

#8 Nov 16, 2012 08:18 PM

Swan

Good web site with lots of helpful information for beginners,
thank you very much !

Banner Sponsors

All Bear by Paula - Beautiful teddy bears from Paula's original designs, especially for the adult collector by Paula CarterPinney Bears - Margaret Jackson

Board footer