Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

flowerfie The Avalon Rose
Toronto

Just finished my first bear! I used the Goldie pattern, (although I'm not too sure how accurate he came out, I had to trace the pattern from my computer screen because I don't have a printer) and he is made with two pairs of old jeans and scrap fabric for stuffing. He was an impulse project, so his joints are done with buttons, and are a little fragile. Generally pleased with him though, and I might even invest in some proper materials next time! bear_grin
1409497251_image.jpg

Rin Sakura Bears
West Yorkshire

He's lovely.

His nose is beautifully embroidered.  My first attempts were a little messy  bear_grin

Toronto
veen-bears wrote:

Congrats! it's a really charming bear!  bear_thumb  bear_flower Pink

Thanks! He's far from perfect but the buttons do give him a certain charm.  bear_happy

Toronto
Rin wrote:

He's lovely.

His nose is beautifully embroidered.  My first attempts were a little messy  :lol:

Thanks! The fabric around his nose is a little wrinkled where I pulled the thread too much but I'm generally very pleased.  bear_original

Tedz Tedz

He's really cute!  I really love the the denim fabric  bear_wub

Rin Sakura Bears
West Yorkshire

I find embroidering noses really hard and still can't get them as good and neat as your bear so was thinking about trying to do a leather nose.

AliyaBH Posts: 10

Lovely first bear  bear_happy and a great idea for denim and buttons (of which I have so much sitting around I hate being wasteful  bear_laugh )

Toronto
AliyaBH wrote:

Lovely first bear  bear_happy and a great idea for denim and buttons (of which I have so much sitting around I hate being wasteful  bear_laugh )

When one has literally no spare cash, one has to get creative! More stash fabric/old clothing bears will likely follow!

Tedz Tedz

There's nothing wrong with being resourceful if you have no cash!  I can never come up with ideas like that, I just sit and drool at the supplies I want until my credit card kinda agrees to oblige!  bear_laugh   I don't often make fabric bears, but you are inspiring me to take a look through my other half's wardrobe!  Just kidding!  In all seriousness, I think it's a great idea, and I genuinely do love the denim bear_original

Board footer