Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hello everyone,

Just a quick visit to share what I did this week. I am very happy and excited about getting my bears photographed professional. It was a lot of fun working with my photographer. After working with my bears he really started to relate to the photographic possibilities, posing etc.  I think I even got him relating to them as if they were real. LOL There is a lot to say about getting your bear pictures taken by a professional. I had my latest bears done (Bona Dea and Foster and Zandermis - the clan bear) and I have to say. “I wish I could get my photographer to do all my photos". But that is not financial feasible. I will say as many other teddy bears artist have said.  If you can get professional pictures done for contest photos and for other promotional stuff. Indeed get them done they are well worth it. I was amazed at the color clarity in the mohair as well as the clan bear. The texture and color and dept to the photos are beautiful. The color clarity on both mohair bears is very nice, it looks like the color with no color distortion from bad lighting, off colors like greens - blues etc like my digital photos have. All the bears have very true colors to their mohair or fur.
I just wanted to share these photos with you to show the amazing difference from my digital photos and the photos my photographer Kelly did.  I will be getting all my future professional photos done by Kelly. I also leant some tricks of the trade that I will be sharing after convincing Kelly to maybe writing up a post for us. I will try and see if I can get him to do that. One just wants to be careful not to push your friendship. LOL I was told by Kelly I can achieve a lot of the lighting and clarity with my digital camera. So, can't wait to try these techniques and share them at a later date.
hugs all back to work - enjoy the photos
kassie
update after reading a post from Sophie - Something I did not say is that all these photos were taken with digital camera.

First I will show you Bona Dea Faun's photos
for those of you that have seen her posted and remember her. or you can compare photos by going to http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=7268

bonafrontb.jpg

bonasideb.jpg

bonahead2c.jpg

here are Foster Branch Bearie's photos
for those of you that have seen him posted, and remember him. or you can compare photos by going to
http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=6530

fostersidea.jpg

fosterfronta.jpg

fosterheadc.jpg

here are Zandermis's photos - notice the texture in the fur, also the detail in his accessories.
for those of you that have seen him posted, and remember him. or you can compare photos by going to
http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=7390

clanbearfrontd.jpg

clanbearsidec.jpg

clanbearhead2c.jpg

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

WOW!  Amazing photos - I think they were worth while also!!!  Just gorgeous  - something yu can treasure forever!
Danni

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

your own pictures were very good but the ones your photographer took are outstanding!
they really highlight every single detail without tyoo much or not enough light.
I guess that contrary to your digital camera, they really show us the right colours of their mohairs, paints, etc...

I definitely think that if you can afford to pay a photographer it really is a good investment!

Brilliant, Kassie!

beary hugs,
Sophie.

Oregon

Hi Danni & Sophie.

Danni - thank you, yes I will treasure them forever. Kelly is a friend and he was nice enough to give me photo prints so I will be getting them framed and hanging them in my studio. I will tell Kelly you said his photos are gorgeous. He will like that. Thank you hon.  :hug: Indeed worth it!

Hi Sophie, thank you for saying my were very good. That is very nice of you. I will just say thank you. I could say other things about them but I will not.  :crackup:  thank you. He did do an amazing job. I was so impressed and he is a lot of fun to work with too. Yes Sophie, it is a very good investment. I am glad I did it and had the chance to see the difference.

I guess that contrary to your digital camera, they really show us the right colours of their mohairs, paints, etc...

And Kelly had some good pointers about digital cameras. I hope to share later. He uses a digital camera in his shoots. All these photos were taken with a digital camera. I guess I did not really say that in my post . Sorry.  :doh: The really cool thing is the pictures load right out the time of the shot. So, I could sit at his computer and look at them as them came in and say if I wanted anything changed. I will go into this in more depth when I do a post about the shoot with Kelly.
ok, got to go hugs
kassie

Oregon

Hey ya Renae
We must have been posting at the same time last night because I missed your first one. We are night owls you and I.  :crackup: We seem to be on at the same time. Anyway. Thank you hon for the compliments on my bears. Yes, it is really nice to see the detail on the bears. Kelly did a wonderful job. I would like to see more detail in the eyes (brightness) but we will be working on that the next time. Even after saying that I am very happy with the photos and look forward to working with him again.

album of their bears

Yes, I am starting to do that now. I wish I had gotten April Blossom done as well, but that is ok.

Does he give lessons?

I am afraid not. I am hoping to get more pointers from him thro to share. We did talked about using a light box and he had some pretty interesting things to say about that. I watched as he used white board and some other things to create lighting etc. I have to be very caring right now what I say until I talk to Kelly and ask if it will be ok to share this information. It is how he makes a living and I do not want to offend him. He has shared with me because we are friends and a long time friend of my husband's. But, I will do my best and see what he says.
well, I should get back to work. Hugs Renae - oh and your goat is so sweet  bear_wub - you can bring her over anytime. I will try and reply  later today.

kassie

sarahjane Brisbane

Gorgeous photos Kassie....no wonder you are so excited about them.

Lisa thanks for the tips...I can't wait to try them out.  bear_original

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Your piccys were good before, but these do have that certain j'en sais quois, and are quite lovely.  Congratulations... the clarity and the lighting without shadows....wow!!!

But the piccy I loved the most? 

The one under your avatar.....you are gorgeous honey!!!

n070.gif

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

Kassie - the pics are brilliant .................... bu I have to say - your creations are MINDBLOWING. :clap:

You have discovered something truly unique - MANY CONGRATULATIONS. :clap:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Certainly is an amazing difference. I have been doing quite a bit of research myself why my photos are washed out. I have learnt heaps as well. All I have to do now is not forget what I have learnt.  bear_grin
Wendy

Celena Oxford

Wow Kassie...your pictures are so beautiful and of course, your creations are amazing.... bear_shocked

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Kassie your photos are beautiful. bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb   I agree whole heartedly about having professional photos taken.  They really make a huge difference.

I have not tried Lisa's suggestion but what a great idea she has shared..Thanks Lisa!  I am going to try that as it is not possible to have a professional photographer every time. bear_thumb

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Lisa,

I read with more care what you wrote....Too tired yesterday after therapy.  May i share a wee bit of trivia that follows your 'grays' explanation? b020.gif

Prior to color movies everything was black and white and gray.  It taught the artists painting the backgrounds for the soundstages about VALUE in color....since the only colors they had to play with were black and white.  By studing the value of the colors in a cloud for instance they were then able to replicate the cloud on canvas in grays....

b015.gif

Odly the costumes weren't in black and white and gray, just the painted back grounds....

Thank you for the idea about foil to reflect light back- Like Judi, I shall try it too.

Oregon

Hi everyone,

Thank you everyone for your nice comments on the photos. I really like them too.

Thank you so much Sandra.  :hug: I am glad you like them.

Hi Judi - ya aren't they great. I wish I could get them done all the time too, but as you said "ya can't everytime.

Hi Wendy, Celena, thank you so much.  :hug:

Renae - I will ask him when he gets back from his weekend trip.  bear_original

Lisa - thank you that is great - Kelly did talk a bit about foil and watched how he use it. It is really cool how he created light without a lot of shadows. I would like to say too that he only used two small lights , that are very much like the ones I have here. Thank you for sharing that and thank you for the nice comments.

Ok Dilu -  bear_flower you are making me BLUSH BLUSH  :redface: You are to sweet! Thank you also for the nice comments on my bears.  :hug:

hugs everyone - back to work - just a quick visit. I will be back with the information if Kelly is agreeable.
kassie

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

LOVE the photos of your outstanding work, Kassie!  And Lisa, thanks much for the great tip for using foil!

Irene Irenours-bears
France

Your work is amazing Cassie and the photos do it justice. Thank you to share.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Beautiful photos Kassie!

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Board footer