Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Pages:
lbsl0 Whittier, California

Has any one heard of the Palmer Method Chiropractic's?  They do not "twist" when they make the adjustments!  They lay you on a special table that has multiple sections that "give way" while they push on you!  It is much more complicated than that, but the thing I like so much about it is not being twisted.
It is also so much easier to relax for it.
I have been going to mine for quite a few years now, and have always had great results!
Linda

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

No, actually I hadn't heard of the Palmer Method before....off to go have a peek, as I'm nosey  bear_smile

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Debbie...ouch. It looks like I missed the whole event. I see you popped out and back two times already. I hope you've gotten it back where it belongs now. But I'm sending more squishy hugs, too...maybe you can save them for next time...

lbsl0 Whittier, California

Hi,  I should have checked my facts before posting!!!!!

My chiropractor uses this.......(He is not Dr. Thompson,  but he does use the table and his techniques.)

"Dr. Thompson developed a mechanical drop mechanism for the adjusting
                                  table, which reduces spinal adjusting force and reduces patient sensitivity and
                                  pain  during the spinal adjustment. He has developed a specific technique to be
                                  used in conjunction with his Thompson table. It may be considered a non-force
                                  technique by some doctors."

I hope this clarifies any questions.
I have learned my lesson.....do not post unless you are sure of your facts!
Linda

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_thumb That made more sense than the Palmer method that I looked up, but both were fun researching.   bear_original   I'm actually certified for shiatsu massage, and have reflexology under my belt as well.  I've looked at various chiropractic methods (and had them used on me) but I'd never seen the table being utilized. 

Interestingly, the osteopath that I had that retired did not do the usual cervical adjustments (neck cracking) that is so common.  Instead, he told me that your shoulders each have their own individual anchor point to the neck, and he'd adjust my neck by holding it, closing his eyes and feeling, as he manipulated my arm about.  It was fascinating to feel. 

:hug:  :hug:  Thanks for the extra squishy hugs Marlys  :hug:  :hug:   I'll certainly save them for any future probs, but knock on wood, I seem to have got my back resettled  bear_flower   ......yeah, much rejoicing  bear_tongue

Pages:

Board footer