Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Pages:
toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

this thread is great!

Here is as my husband put it "Kim in her Secret Lair, 10,000 miles below the Earth's crust."

239338809_f738eac205_o.jpg

But the sewing machine goes on the kitchen table and I do my lapwork on the sofa. I mostly paint and glue at the table in the picture!

This is further to the right in the same room (using the rat cages as a reference)
16726655_61c5abaec6.jpg

of course our cottage is really almost one big open-concept room (plus the bedroom n laundry downstairs) and my art space is one end of it.

I am down to only one half-sized rattie cage anymore.  bear_sad

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

You guys are so organized!

We have a 2 bedroom house. 1 bedroom for us. 1 bedroom for our office. 1 bedroom for our studio.

room5.jpg  room4.jpg

room3.jpg  room2.jpg

room6.jpg

Hugs Louise

cjsmum Happy Little Souls
Sydney

I'm soooo jealous of all of gorgeous work spaces, these days I generally do everything from the dining table or lounge chair, which gets packed up after each session- our clothes have been relegated to the laundry and the wardrobe houses mountains of boxes of goodies and stashes of mohair that I just had to have. All of our other rooms and storage areas seem to be filled with fisher price and lego gear these days- but I see a day when the bears will rule the house again, in the not too distant future.

On with the house hunting- now I have a few more check boxes to add to the list,

Mel

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

I am so jealous of everyones lovelly rooms, its not fair.
We live in a 4 bedroom home that we built 6 years ago. All the bedrooms are taken up as we now have 4 kiddies. 13, 6, 4 and 12 week old. The house itself is very small, We have a small lounge and then the small kitchen and joining onto that a family dine room, which has our dinner table the kids and warrens computer then I work in the little corner with my sewing machine and laptop at hand, All my supplies are stored in a little cupboard near the computer and in our walk in robe. So its pretty crampy here. But Warren is buying a business at the moment which I hope will help us acheive our 5 year goals, which is I want to build on another family room and our bedroom to be build upstairs with walkin robe and ensuite, then I would make our now bedroom into my studio and office. Can't wait it will be so nice. If that doesn't happen then I will want to move.
I love seeing all the pics, it gives me so many ideas of how I want my setup.
Cheers

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Finished my closet today!

LauraLynn-closet-e.jpg

oooh keep the pictures coming!  they are so inspirational! 

I also do a lot of work in the family room in the evenings.  I'll take a pic later of what I use to tote all my stuff in there.  I love it!

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Kim, I can't believe you have a huge zebra in your studio ! ! !  Please, what's the story behind it????  Did you make it???   I love your vintage clown prints too.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bearsbybeesley wrote:

We have a 2 bedroom house. 1 bedroom for us. 1 bedroom for our office. 1 bedroom for our studio.

Louise, I adore you, and your work space is lovely.  But please, do me a favor, and explain this math to me.

1 + 1 + 1 bedroom = 2 bedrooms.

???

bear_tongue  bear_flower  :crackup:

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Omg Kim, heehee, That is so cool! is that Zebra Taxidermy? I feel much better about the strange things I've brought home now. I love all your old circus posters.

Bear Hugs!
Melanie

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland
Shelli wrote:
bearsbybeesley wrote:

Louise, I adore you, and your work space is lovely.  But please, do me a favor, and explain this math to me.

1 + 1 + 1 bedroom = 2 bedrooms.

???

bear_tongue  bear_flower  :crackup:

LOL I was thinking the same thing.

I have just started to rearrange my workspac again.  I am just using olde stuf from around the house but it might just work.

For those with their 'photo' studio set up how big is it generally?

denisepurrington Out Of The Forest Bears
Seattle
Website

My-sewing-room-6.jpgMy-sewing-room-5.jpgMy-sewing-room-2.jpgMy-sewing-room-1.jpgMy-sewing-room-3.jpgMy-sewing-room-4.jpgHi All,
I've been admiring all of your wonderful work spaces & thought I'd share mine.
It's not much as I live in a one bedroom apartment.  I turned my dining room into a studio by dividing it from my living space with a wall unit & my computer desk & hutch.  Because of this I have what I call "One Butt Living". This is because I have had to divide my living room into a living/dining area & there's only enough room for "One Butt" to get around it at a time  bear_rolleyes
In my work space, there's not near enough room for all of my "Goodies" so they are spread  throughout my apartment in all of my closets & under my bed. 
I do all the hand work in my living room, so I have a really neat coffee table with drawers & an area for baskets. All of my thread, needles, paints, scissors, tools etc... are in that area.  I have it lit pretty well with a paper lamp that I hung from the ceiling right above the sofa, a table lamp behind me on the sofa table & another table lamp on the end table.
It all works pretty darned well under the circumstances  bear_cry   I keep reminding myself that it won't be forever.
I hope you've enjoyed seeing my work space as much as I've enjoyed seeing yours.
Big Hugs,
Denise  bear_grin

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I've really enjoyed seeing all these pictures!  They seem to reveal quite a bit about each owner.  Denise, your workspace struck me as being particuarly full of warmth ... it's really lovely.

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Dang Laura Lynn!  You sure do organize fast!!!  Can you come to my house??? 

Kim - still laughing about your husband's comment about the Secret Lair.  I picture super hero with a cool costume and a pole to slide down to the lair.  I guess we'd need a bearmobile instead of a batmobile though.  Wonder what that would look like???

Hugs,
Lisa

mwaggs2 Quilts-N-Critters
Middletown, Ohio
Website

Wow What a Great Topic, I Love seeing all of your work places. So here's mine.

bear_room_5.JPGbear_room_2.JPGbear_room_3.JPGbear_room_4.JPG

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Whoa!  I want to work at Marilyn's house.  You could throw a party in there, WITH dancing, and still have room to work.  Wow!  Nice bear display, by the way.

Ripley, Queensland

Look at that space!!  I love it.  No carpet to hide pins in either. Gotta be a good thing!

mwaggs2 Quilts-N-Critters
Middletown, Ohio
Website

Shelli

Your right it is big it's a 20'x20' room but it's just not cozy. I think I'm going to be changing things soon. Our Daughter is getting married next month so I'm thinking of taking her side of the basement instead. It's big too but more narrow. Oh and I'm thinking maybe I want carpet. Am I crazy? I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. I wish you all lived close by. I have enough room we could work together.  bear_grin

Marilyn

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Psssst.  Marilyn.....butter yellow paint on the walls.  That will warm it up but still keep it bright.
bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Seattle
Website

Marilyn, your room is GREAT!!  It's as big as my whole apartment.
Aleta is right. A little warm paint on the walls will cozy it up in a jiffy.
I dream of the day that I can get to my joints without fear of bumping my head on the corner of my cutting table  bear_tongue
This has really been fun seeing all of your wonderful spaces.
Big Hugs,
Denise  bear_grin

Seattle
Website

My-sewing-room-7.jpgThis is why we can't eat at my dining room table  bear_rolleyes
Big Hugs,
Denise  bear_grin

Ripley, Queensland

My photo tent is that size but mine is always folded up because of that exact reason.  May have to do some rearranging so I can have it up all the time. I do know when I use it the pictures are better.

Seattle
Website

:crackup:  Ha, ha...I used to fold mine up all the time but came to the realization that it was just way too much time & effort.  I would be spending half my life wrestling with that darned thing.  I don't know what I'd do with out it though because the pictures are more true to life when taken in it. 
One day (soon I hope), I'll have a studio with enough room for a photo corner.
Big Hugs,
Denise  bear_grin

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Wow! Everyone's rooms look amazing! When I go back to page 3 to look at my studio photos I start wishing I had Marylin's space but Denise's coziness and Sue Ann's ribbon stash and Kim's baskets!!!!

This is so much fun!

More! More!

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio
mwaggs2 wrote:

Shelli

Your right it is big it's a 20'x20' room but it's just not cozy. I think I'm going to be changing things soon. Our Daughter is getting married next month so I'm thinking of taking her side of the basement instead. It's big too but more narrow. Oh and I'm thinking maybe I want carpet. Am I crazy? I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. I wish you all lived close by. I have enough room we could work together.  bear_grin

Marilyn

Marilyn, I do live close (relatively anyway)!!! Can I come over and play--er, work rather?

Great studios!!! Keep them coming!!!

Daphne your studio does have Marilyns space and Denise's coziness IMHO. I want Sue Ann's ribbon stash, and her bay window!!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh goodness . . . I do envy you people who are so neat!  I seem to be a hopeless case, I'm afraid.  I also tend to be somewhat compulsive (for 10 years) with my ribbon buying.  If you look back at my work space, there is a little white cart to the right of my sewing machine that holds my radio/cd player.  It also holds more bolts of ribbon in those 3 bins.  Then under my work table is another big box of ribbon - so come on down for a visit, folks . . . and I'll share with you.  There is no possible way that I will use it all.  Also, I didn't show you all the places I have mohair stashed - well, you wouldn't believe it anyway.  I KNOW I'm going to win!!!  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

LOL - glad to hear Steve (zebra!) is a hit! He is not taxidermy - he is actually a life sized sculpture, I could not resist him!

Baskets are from Christmas Tree Shop  bear_grin

Not a brass pole to slide down but maybe a hidden doorway behind a book case? that'd be so cool!

Marilyn maybe you could do throw rugs? I am jealous of your non-carpet room! a big braided rug could look lovely tho!

Pages:

Board footer