Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Pages:
AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Wow! There are some great workspaces here bear_thumb
I'm jealous!!!!! My workspace is the end of our loveseat and a folding table with my supplies stored throughout the house.  Sigh!  Maybe one day I'll have a beautiful studio too!

Hugs,

AndreaM bear_original

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Lv this room Nancy! You've used every square inch!!!
What fun it would be to Go Exploring in all of those nooks & crannies!!!

K Pawz Guest

Just got mine reorganized!! will post pictures soon, You have all been an incredible inspiration.

Hugs,
Krista

nandesign Posts: 361

Hi Bobbie: Thank-you so much...it is a very small room... I don't want to work in it now...I just hauled out 2 orange garbage bags full of "junk"...It won't look like this for the rest of the year!!

Andrea...you will have a beautiful studio some day...it took me 20 years to get to this point!

Can't wait to see your space Krista...

Hugs, Nancy

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

LOL! Nancy, I match your 2 orange bags and raise you - by three 55 gal drum bags for the past 3 weeks! All from my half of the basement...
The last bags went to the curb yesterday. So much useless paperwork!

Is there anyone who would like a few brand-new  Adams-brand triplicate carbonless sales books #TC5840 (horizontal orientation), the 5 " x 7" size? I no longer use them and don't want to put them into Good Will if a friend here can use them.
I finally have the upstairs computer workroom AND the basement workroom cleared away!

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Well as many of you know I moved yet again in November to my hopefully forever home.. lol. Bought a dream house in the rough with more than enough space, so I am very happy. I managed to get my partial studio set up so I can now sew again, Yay! I am so happy here, it is just amazing to have our own home.
I have always wanted a lime green room so that is what I decided to paint my studio space bear_original it is still a bit rough (and messy, and I'm not totally unpacked yet.. lol) but I wanted to share a few pics.

Bear Hugs!
Melanie
studio1.jpgstudio2.jpgstudio3.jpgstudio4.jpg

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Is that Gizmo I see??? bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Sorry..... your space looks like it's going to be great for you! The color of the walls is great.... would keep me awake!!!! bear_grin

Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Lol, that is a Furby! heehee. Man, I get made fun of alot for having them.. I have a small "collection" of Furbys that I adore.. heehee. Most are still packed (as most of my bears) but I am going to drag out a few and put them in my sewing room till we are done renovating. My brothers GF said the color would give her a headache! heehee!

Bear Hugs!
Melanie

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_original My work space is all over the house! Upstairs, downstairs - this room and that room, this cupboard and that cupboard.... bear_wacko BUT! I do keep everything tidy  bear_grin  Great to see others working spaces - a chance to be really nosey and also to get some ideas on storage   bear_tongue  bear_grin

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Melanie: love the color of your walls. Your work space is wonderful and large... you luck duck!! Enjoy your new home and bear making studio.

Kelly Blondheart
Colorado Springs, Colorado

Dscn2091.jpgDscn2089.jpgI just snapped a really quick pic of one side of the studio and the ajacent wall that has one of my supply cabinets....if you saw the entire thing it would probably frighten you!  :crackup:

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Gosh you all are so organised, thanks you have given me  the incentive to clean up now :redface:  :redface:  :redface:

When I have I will post some pics. :photo:  :photo:

Well done to you all, your work areas look great.

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

You all have some wonderful studios – Wow! Really enjoyed looking around.
The doll girls are doing the same, showing their studios. Got to tell you. The doll side of some us girls are not so organized! Well, not all of us.

So I will show and tell too.

Here is my studio…… I know… what can I say. Other than, “Got you bet Dear SueAnn”.
And to everyone else who thinks there work space is messy….. this will make you feel a whole lot better.

I have named this mess “Kassie’s Disaster”

Hugs kassie

otheroom1.jpg

otheroom2.jpg

otheroom3.jpg

Oregon

ok that is not really my work studio...... bear_tongue  bear_rolleyes

that is the - "moved it there" - "until I finish packing boxes room".... we will be moving, so I am packing stuff up.

this is my work area...

hugs kassie

desk1.jpg

desk3.jpg

desk2.jpg

shelf1.jpg

closet1.jpg

toolchest3.jpg

duff Deedle Bears
Dallas

I just loved going through this thread!    Everyone has a great work space and I love all the colors that inspire everyone!     it is great to see the spaces' that all your wonderful bears come from. 

Duff

Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

heehee, yeah this has to be my favorite thread ever.... it is so interesting to see how other people work... and nice when you see other people are almost as messy as you are.. teehee.  bear_grin  bear_grin

Bear Hugs!
Melanie

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Kassie - I LOVE your "tool box"!!

Oregon

Thank you Daphne,

It is a really nice tool chest. It is a all hand crafted tool chest, it is made from an Australian wood, that I can't think of the name at the moment. All I know is – the wood is very hard and it is a very heavy tool chest. It is 24”wx18”h.  It has lovely Pewter knobs, corner fittings and handles and inside the drawers are all felted. You can tell the knobs where handmade because they are not all the same shape. I like that.
My hubby got it for me for Christmas.  bear_original

For everyone who has asked, I put a closer pic of it so you can have a better look. And I missed a pic of another part of room which I aded as well.

cheers kassie

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

store.JPGstor.JPGentry.jpgmyworkroom.jpgstorage.JPGI was so impressed by everyones studios and work areas I thought I would add to the thread after cleaning up a little.

Entry to our new section of the house
Full view, I do have a lightbox and work bench which of fold away when not in use (not shown in this picture)
Storage draws,  fabrics and other stuff is stored
Storage bookcase where my paperwork and magazines and happy snaps are
Bookcase for storage display area
Storage for ribbons, patterns etc.

Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Wow, that is just super tidy Bren! My place would stay like that for maybe 2 days.. heehee.  bear_wub

Hugs!
Melanie

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Kassie - I LOVE your "tool box"!!

I have to agree great tool box . I am impressed with alot of your work rooms.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm actually redoing mine!  After lots of thought and after reading what you all wrote so thoughtfully here a while back, I decided against renting space for a studio and instead decided to invest in redoing the home studio which was previously a guest bedroom (and still will be) with extraneous furniture shoved here and there that we happened to have lying around when we blended two households in 2000.  Now, armed with precise measurements and a day trip to IKEA, with creating a studio space in mind, it will be totally fitted from wall to wall with desks and shelving units specifically chosen just for this purpose, and as a result, my actual work space (which previously was about two square feet) will be about 5+ times greater, and the room will feel brighter and I'll have better light and the guests will even have more room to maneuver.  I can't wait for it to be done, but in the meantime, it's an endless and exhausting task of building Swedish furniture and placing things into bins and boxes and baskets.  Will post pics when I'm done.

Baysidebears Bayside Bears
Cape Cod, MA

Last summer, I took over what used to by my son's room and made it into my very own workroom....all mine! Two big worktables and a rolling folding cutting table, my computer desk with my pc and my Mac and  the whole closet is shelves with all my junk...mostly labeled. These pictures I took whilst in the middle of creating when it is always a mess. But, there are times when it looks quite nice....really....at least twice a year.

room_007.jpgroom_004.jpg
room_005.jpg
room_003.jpg

Mary Lou

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

studio4kjl.jpgstudio3kjl.jpgstudio2kjl.jpgstudio1kjl.jpgHere's my new studio with my OLD equipment  bear_happy  My sewing machine is from the 1940's, but I love it! And my drawing table is from a friend and equally as old. As you can tell, I believe in surrounding myself with images of the animal I'm creating. I also have floor to ceiling storage with labeled clear boxes so I can read and see what is in them. At least my studio is organized I wish I could say the same for my brain bear_tongue
Karen
KJ Lyons Design
P.S. My sewing machine is simple but it has a motor the size of a Volkswagen! It can sew through anything, even 1/2 inch leather  bear_thumb

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I'm so glad this thread was brought back up!  My studio is a constant "work in progress".  I change things... work with it for a while.. and see what works and what does not.  It's an average sized bedroom I guess - about 12' x 14' or a little smaller... maybe 12x10? 

I have found that I need open areas on my work table shelf... at my eye level.  Just keeps it from getting cluttered... when it's cluttered I'm not in a good mood.  I designed the work station with a lower desktop to keep my shoulders at the right angle.  Hubby added in 2 slide out table sides - I use them both!  He built the entire unit from scratch using red oak and paduk.

Here is what the studio looks like as you walk thru the door:

1.jpg

The Girls' crates are in the office cause they have to go somewhere.  It works out well because they love to lie in them during the day to be near momma anyways  bear_wub

Walk into the room and turn around... my plastic drawers are near the doorway - and the closet doors are normally closed.

2.jpg

I found I need to keep the closet organized too or I get that icky feeling....  thanks to TT I got the idea of those awesome plastic drawers for most everything!

3.jpg

This is the main computer desk.  Hubby and I share this.  The bill paying and such is done here too - although I've basically taken over almost all the other shelves except where we keep the bills LOL!  If you walked in thru the door and went just straight ahead, you would run into this.
5.jpg

I had used white crates for my bear show displays for the last couple of years - but really have no place to store them when I'm not doing a show.  I decided to use them to store all my teddy bear magazines in my studio!  (That's Athena down there... she's a momma's Girl!)

6.jpg

Here's what the work space looks like from head on.  I keep the business paperwork to be recorded on the lower left - sewing machine on lower center and patterns and such lower right.  My daily use tools are in baskets on upper left and a few bears upper right.  Eventually the top will have bears that are ready for adoption.

7.jpg

And I HAD to organize my ribbons and trims!!!!   I kept buying more cause I couldn't find what I needed - only to find later that I had something that would have worked just fine!  The top drawer is more tools etc that I use every day -- the lower ones are fabric laces, trims and then ribbons.  Hubby made these drawers REALLY deep so I am able to store a ton in there!

8.jpg

Pages:

Board footer