Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Cheryl,

I like the website very much.  The first thing I always do when I check out a website is see if the artist has bears availale for adoption and that is very easy to find on your website.  (Although unfortunately there are no bears or other critters available now  bear_sad , but lucky for you  bear_original ).

I do agree with what Amber wrote :

amber wrote:

My only recommendation would be on the pages were you have it set up so people can email you perhaps in the bottom corner or somewhere on the page actually put the email address.  Some people may want to send an email but at a later time.  From experience there are a lot of people out there that don't like the webbased format.   
Amber

I am not very fond of webbased forms for inquiries; I prefer to send a personal e-mail to the artist, because I can keep track when I contacted the artist.

Other than that : excellent work !   :clap:

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

I can't thank all of you enough!  You all have helped me SO much!  Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!  Peter and Amber, I will add my email address to the website--wonderful idea!!
Heaps of Hugs,
Cheryl

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

If you're adding your address beware that you have good spam filters - bots trawl sites to pick up addresses.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I am with rowarrior on this.  I remember a post before where someone mentioned the robots that search the internet looking for email addresses. If you add it I would spell it out, binglebears at aol dot com.  that way that can't recognize that it is an email address. 

Joanne

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

You are right Joanne and that was me. My husband actually had me post that about the robots. 
You do need to be careful as we saw here on T/T when a robot posted on practically every thread with the word bear in it!!
And if I remember it was a [INVALID] site.
Quy came to our rescue and removed the offending site but better safe than sorry. bear_original

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Oh my goodness!  Thanks for the heads up!!!  Geez, the "bad guys" always come up with something, don't they?!  I'm going to have to rethink this one.  Such a learning curve on this whole website thing--I'm so glad I have all of you to help me along.  You are all SO wonderful!
Heaps of Hugs,
Cheryl

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Cheryl,
I don't put my actual email address on my website but I have a link on every page in my nav. bar that, when clicked on, will open a new email in the person's email software with my email addy already in the "to" field. This has worked just fine for me and I don't get spam beyond the usual, unavoidable crap.

I won't use those contact forms either. So impersonal. In my opinion. bear_ermm

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Hi Cheryl

I like your website a lot I am looking for a new one not happy with my current one so I'm going to check out Yola too thanks just what I have been looking for.

Raewyn

Board footer