Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

bearlady13 Posts: 177

I use a free program from the web called XNVIEW. It lets me copy, crop, resize, add text to my pictures,etc.  I had all my sisters (7 of us) give me their pictures to scan. Then put them all on disk for Christmas one year. Now everyone has a copy and if anything happens to the disk they have they can always get a copy form one of us. They had me put names on the top or bottom of the pictures of everyone so the kids and grandkids would know who they are. They also have a copy of the family tree dated back to the 1600. I know I got off the topic of resizing pictures. LOL :redface:

huwibears HUWIBEARS
Website

one-of-the-first-huwibears.jpgTHIS WAS MY VERY FIRST BEAR  :redface:   :redface:

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

Huwi bears, I love your bear!  To me he looks like he is saying "Ilove you".

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp
huwibears wrote:

THIS WAS MY VERY FIRST BEAR  :redface:   :redface:

No need for that  :redface:  Corinne; I think he's is just lovely!  bear_wub   
I'd be happy if I could make a bear like that.  bear_laugh

nadiasbears Posts: 4

here is my first bear :-)

Nadiasbears I see the post but not the bear Picture.  Is it invisable, LOL. Just kidding. would love to see it.  :hug:

Gabriele~GJOYfulBears GJOYful Bears

I can't view the pic either perhaps there was a problem posting it? Would love to see it  bear_original

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

Romeo-3.jpgThis is Romeo, my first bear.
I made it on a pattern that my dear canadian friend Tiffany got from a book (don't know which book really) and she taught me how to make a teddy bear step by step, private teddy bear lessons, when she was visiting in 2004! She also gave me the materials...in Italy it's near impossible to find bear making supplies.
Then I got hooked, and started using the internet for my bear shopping.
Now I don't use other people's patterns, I draw my own, and that is really fun!

Francy

Romeo is a great looking bear. you done a wonderful job. I made a couple of my own patterns but they need improvements. I sold the first at a community arts and crafts yesterday. It was a centuar bear. I like your bear better. :clap:

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

Thanks Bearlady, I still have a soft spot for Romeo, even if it's not my pattern and he's the only one made of artificial fur...but he's my first child... bear_wub

I've never sold a bear. I've made about 25 bears in the first two years of teddy bear making. I've given many as presents to people I love.
The first five or six were out of patterns, some from the same but with different fur, noses etc, and it was very interesting that with the same pattern many different bears could be born, like with the same parents you never have the same children...except for twins!  bear_original

Then I started wanting to make my own bears, and I tried to modify the patterns to get different things and shapes. That was fun and hard. I always worked in total isolation, I mean that I had no fellow bearmakers to share my thoughts etc.
Then I had my first child, Pietro, and Fabio came along right after. No time for my bears, only for my children. After five years I'm back, I have a little more time, and I found out how the internet can really make you feel connected. This site is wonderful. :clap:

Sometimes I think I would like to try selling one of my bears. Not because I think of going professional, just because it would feel good if somebody would be willing to buy it, meaning that my work is appreciated. And I could cover some of my expences bear_grin

well, sorry, this message is maybe too long...my fault, I like to talk! bear_original

now I go back to my current project, when she is finished I'll share a picture in the gallery.

Francy

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Romeo is a lovely bear, Francy. bear_wub He looks like he's ready for anything - playtime, hugs, you name it!

Becky

I know what you mean about how the internet can really make you feel connected. This site is wonderful and has made me feel, that there is others, in our world that, feel about bear the way we do.  I have also learned so much here and want to thank all the people that do not mind sharing what they know. I really enjoy seeing other peoples bears and other animals. 
As far as making money on my bears.  They were miniatures about 4 inches tall and I made $22.00 total before the cost of everything. But as you said it was the fact that someone liked them enough to buy one or two. Made me feel really good.  :hug:

Finally worked out how to post pics, here's my first bear: Noah. He's 5" tall standing from another artist's pattern. He's the only bear I've ever made from another's pattern. I now design all my own.
PICT0337-3.jpg

Here's an example of my work now (a thread I've posted on here):

http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=43289

TinyPixi West Yorkshire

Awww I'm loving this thread...... I'm just about to embark on my first bear ever!! ...... seeing all your first bears has given me lots of confidence!!  bear_original

FrancesAnne Isle of Wight
Judi wrote:

I don't have a photo of my first bear but he was made from real fur, rabbir fur about 6 inches tall.  I sold him for $35

Judi, You made your FIRST bear in real fur!!!???  Now that's what I call class, and brave!  He must have been pretty good if someone bought him.

My first bear is my avatar.  He's not bad but as my teacher used to say 'could do better'.

I love the bear in your avatar Frances he's gorgeous! Your bears are amazing you should be proud of your self.

I love all of these bears. Each is a enchanting  individual. I can use the same pattern and material and no two  are alike. They are like kids to me and I love making them. I give them for presents mostly. I also keep a lot of them for myself. They take up very little room but bring me a lot of joy. My husband likes them and gives me ideas all the time.  I am getting ready for my tiny teddy bears to be displayed at the Barr Libary on Fort Knox for the month of Dec. I still take time to see the post on here because I enjoy them so much.  Thank you all for being here.  :hug:

dollmamaalena Vintee Town Bears
San Diego

IMG_0918.JPGMy first bear , now it it so funny.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Those eyes, Alena! bear_original It is a funny bear, but also full of personality and creativity. I hope you'll always keep it.

Becky

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

But still so cute.

Board footer