Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hello all you ATC / ACEO makers or would-be ATC / ACEO creators!

Nancy Tillberg and I are still working out the kinks in the ATC/swap/forum/gallery thingamajig she's whipping up over at her site, NORTH COUNTRY TEDDY BEARS.

At this point we're thinking it's time to start collecting "submissions," or examples of ATC artwork that bearmakers have created.  Why? For use as "models" in a FREE ATC class Nancy plans to offer at NCTB.

If you'd like your ATC to be considered for this project, at this point please send it to me at info@potbellybears.com.  I'll collect them for Nancy, for now... this may change later; stay tuned! ... as we develop the site and the course further.

I love what's been produced so far and look forward to seeing many more ATC's from my fellow bearmakers!  I'll be whipping some cut and paste, 3D ones up myself, later today.

Thanks, all!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

You're welcome. 

I don't know this for certain but I don't believe the ATC class will be covering any photo editing or digital information.  Rather, it will be a brief introduction to creating, in a cut-and-paste, collage, scissors and paper and paint and pens kind of way, an ATC.  Hope that doesn't disappoint!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

The problem with offering a one-size-fits-all class on digital image reworking, Lisa, is that nobody uses the same program, or the same VERSION of a program, so it's quite literally impossible to teach digital editing in that fashion. You really need a program-specific, version-specific, class or book to make sense of what your own particular program can do.  Otherwise, it would be a great course to offer!!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Lisa... check out this thread for a discussion on what ATC's have "traditionally" been, and what we're envisioning for them, as applies to the bear industry...

http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=4392

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hi Shelli,

ATC cards how fun!  bear_original 
Is there a submission deadline? I just what to do how much time I have to get crafty.  bear_grin
Just so I know what I am going here. These are 3d object ATC's right? Not 3D graphical.... correct?

Hugs
Kassity

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Shelli ..... I think I found the answer 3d object ATC's or 3D graphical. silly me.... must have miss that.  bear_whistle

Hugs Kassity

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

No deadline "officially," but the sooner the better, as the course is currently under development... thanks for asking!

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Shelli, what a wonderful idea! I didn/t have chance to read all post as I'm a full-time worker.. bear_cry  bear_wacko
But I would love to participate bear_tongue

That will be another creative part of bear making.  bear_thumb

Julia :hug:

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Shelli, thanks for the information !!
I'll love to learn how to create ATC and
I'm glad that Nancy is making ATC class for us !!  :hug:

PS.  I didn't read the all post in ATC topic yet
but I will do soon. !!  :hug:
Hugs/Marie

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Oh Dear!
Too many peas and carrots on MY plate!!  Now I have to decide......eat the peas, or eat the carrots.  Why are there sooooo many of each?   bear_wacko 

I'd love to contribute......and I'll try.  Like you Shelli, my plate is full.  I've tried moving the peas and carrots around but someone just handed me another helping today.  On the one hand, quite tasty......on the other hand....I'm sooooo full.   bear_tongue   

I think I need an Alka Seltzer!   bear_laugh  bear_laugh

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I think this whole ATC card thing is a wonderful idea...I want to be a part of this but am so caught up in bear designing that this would take away from my bear time...not to mention the attention I need to give to my three children.

I look forward to seeing all your wonderful cards.  I will jump in at a bit later date.

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

ATC1.jpgHere's the third back of my ATC (if that makes any sense)

I am producing the rest by hand - i've dragged out my old art materials (have'nt painted or drawn for about 10 years) and will post the finished work.

I am swapping with Jared first - i really like his work - so i hope he won't be disappointed. I like to work in monochrome inks with just a bit of applied colour. I'm a miniature lover so hope that i can get my skills back with this new venture into ATC's.

I'd forgotton how much i enjoyed putting pen to paper - hope it's not gonna be an anti-climax  :redface:

Penny - all filled with glee at the prospect of drawing and painting again  bear_tongue

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Absolutely wonderful, Penny!!  Such a lovely message you have written.

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Thanks Sue Ann - and i'm working on the clarity of the script.

I really wanted to have a message, and hopefully send a message, to everyone

you know what it's like, watch the news, begin to despair of people yet still think that there are so many great people you've met in your travels that you can't quite fall into the thinking that all people are bad.

My belief is that bears bring out the best in us - give a kid a bear and it's something that it learns to care about, maybe the kid will learn to love something that it does'nt have anything in common with, and this is how it is, don't you think?

Hopefullly Maybe   :pray:

Penny  bear_thumb

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Oh my Gosh...PENNY!!!!  That is wonderful.  Your message is so thought provoking and great. 
I love these cards.

I sent my first one out with Lucy...am anxious to see if the buyer gives me any feedback.

You did a fabulous job.  I sure wish I knew enough about the software program to do part of mine digitally.  What a time saver.

:hug:

nancy

Board footer