Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Ha Penny...

I love clowns too.  I was just checking out Ebay and Michelle Lamb has a cutie listed right now.  If you scroll down there is a magazine layout with her little clown and some other cute ones too.  Check it out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … 5668814944

Now I'm wanting to make a clown...along with the long list of other things I want to try.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Very talented lady, that Michelle!!

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Yikes, clowns!!!!   I hate clowns!!!    I'm going to have to go a hug some teddies now because Shelli posted that site and I was stupid enough to look at it!   bear_shocked

I do think the bears in the pictures that everyone posted are really nice, but I just personally don't like clowns.

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

LOL @ this thread...
I like the costumed bears shown here!
Um. but in a different way from how I
like clowns...lol

I happen to collect scary clowns & toys
(no scary bears tho!) here are some of my
clowns:

13732392_ad9794e1c1.jpg?v=0

it's only fun if they're scary by accident.
I need a photo of my wind-up chimp who plays
the cymbals...he is only in the background here:

41172355_d24bc2c4eb.jpg?v=0

maybe just a little bit bent....lol

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
I Love Teddies wrote:

Yikes, clowns!!!!   I hate clowns!!!    I'm going to have to go a hug some teddies now because Shelli posted that site and I was stupid enough to look at it!   bear_shocked

I do think the bears in the pictures that everyone posted are really nice, but I just personally don't like clowns.

I'm glad I didnt look!  Wasnt there a serial killer who dressed as a clown????  I cant remember the name - was it Gacy???  Ok, now I am really really freaked!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

I'm another one who's okay with clown bears, but not doll clowns.  People are okay, but the dolls...there's just something left over from childhood...all those scary dolly eyes staring when the lights turned off, like they're plotting to do something evil.  Oooh, and that terribly scary jack in the box clown!!!  Yikes I had nightmares from that thing, even though I would play with it in the daylight... go figure?!   bear_grin

I'm glad I didn't look at the website, though  bear_cry

Long n short, if its a clown bear, and I like the colour combination, I'd probably be drawn to add it to my hug, but not a doll clown...nope, never... Come to think of it, bears with human eyes scare me too... Anybody else?  Or is that my own phobia??

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

..I always used to have my face painted as a clown at Halloween to go trick-or-treating---this is up to the age of 17, 'cause I'm 4'11" & 13/16th---it always made me happy to have such silly makeup on, and I never freaked anyone out that I know of...

Thank heavens my mother has all the Halloween photos, otherwise I'd have to post one of me made up---

And I think all those bears are just TOO cute!  Penny, your french clown bear is adorable---I hadn't seen a french clown!  And the others---[I don't know names] the one in the chocolate latte pokadot silk and the black 'n red stripes with the wonderful ruffle oh my, GORGEOUS!!!  Shari, your little rainbow guy has such a wonderful expression on his face---charming!  And then Denise, your bear with the yellow hat and the little paws behind his back--OMIGOSH!!  I want him so so badly!!! 

= )

Amelia

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

I love clown bears.  A little spooky that this topic comes up, I was at a friend's house yesterday and going through my book of designs and I was looking at a sketch of 3 clown bears that I designed to go together....and have yet to be made.  I really want to make them.

I don't have any pictures of my clown bears.

Penny, I love your clown bears so much.  I did see them on your website a while ago - my favourite is the second picture with the pinkish ruffle
and Denise you know I love your bears too - especially that little brown and yellow fella.

I was about to type "Bring on the clowns!" and then realised how dumb that sounded - now that is a sad song.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh my, look the pretty clown bears !!!! amazing !  bear_smile   :clap: 

Penny,  I love your clown bears !!! specially the one  with  gold/black dots and red/black strip clown out fit ! He is darling and I love his outfit  !! 

Denise, what a charming clown bear I ever saw !!!! your clown bears are
so adorable and has a such sweet baby face.  bear_flower   

I like clown bears too ! (spooked ones is ok too.. :P)

I saw lovely clown bear on current Teddy Bear Review mag.  it was made by Ms. Michelle Lamb(Old & Only bears). It was breathtaking clown bear.  bear_wub

If I can saw the cute clown out fit, I'll love to make it one !!  bear_laugh 
Hugs/Marie

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

OOOH some dolls freak me out to ... porceline ones that have "cold eyes"  and a clown one would be freaky too! 

That monkey in the background of your pic freaks me out, Toadbriar!

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Now you are spooking me out. I ordered a clown nose last week to do a mini bear and started yesterday. I sent a private message to Penny this morning and was on about the clown bear and I said 'You either love em or hate em'. Then I see this thread for the first time. bear_laugh  Penny posted last night!  I'm going to have to keep an eye on this clown bear. bear_cry

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Although I'm not afraid of clowns... I can certainly understand why some people are!   I do NOT like most clown dolls... but the bears you all posted are wonderful!  I had not considered doing a clown bear myself... but now I'm itching too.  It's a neat way to be able to use some neat color combinations!

Board footer