Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Debbie,  bear_flower
It was driving me crazy so I had to go look on my bank statment.  It's Mt. Talbert.  There are like a million Mt. This's and That's around here and we've only lived here a year so I get easily confused.  Uh-huh.

You lived in Lincoln City?  I love Lincoln City!  I love walking on the beach and the quaint little town.  They have a great teddy bear shop there....Parlor Bears....but then again, you already knew that.  Did you ever show your bears at the Portland Paws Convention in Lincoln City?  I did that show for the first time last year and had a fabulous time.  I'm definitely going to do it again.  As a matter of fact, the paperwork just came today.  If anyone wants any information about it, PM me!

Julia,  bear_flower
Vladivostok must be absolutely beautiful!!!!  But, snow in April?  I wouldn't like that either.  That reminds me of Alaska!  I remember hunting Easter Eggs in the snow in Alaska.  My husband and I both grew up there.  We went to the same high school and everything......but that's another story.....  bear_original

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Well, it's been lovely reading all of these posts except now I feel rather dull!  bear_tongue

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Yep, lived in Lincoln City for nigh on 8 years.  First had a grooming shop there... Debbie's Grooming from '96 to 2000.  Then wrist blew out, and so much for that career.... Moved from the area, as even with a completely shot hand I STILL had people wanting me to groom their dogs!  ...with what?...  Moved back in 2002 and opened Indoor Jungle just a block down from Parlor Bears  bear_grin  The owner actually has two of my bears! 

You know for all the years I lived there, I never did go to the show and convention?  Oh I'd been invited, just never got round to it. 

Mt Talbert ....if I remember right, there's a truly nice park on Mt Talbert.... if nothing else, you've got some gorgeous views up on the hillsides  bear_grin

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Aleta, sounds like you and your hubby know each other forever!

My hubby was my classmate at University..  bear_tongue  We are together 12 years already.. sounds like forever too..  bear_whistle

Julia  :hug:

Portland, Oregon
Website

Sandi,  bear_flower
You are NOT dull sweetie!!!!  Please don't think that you are.  I think you shine bright as a star!!   bear_wub

Julia,  bear_flower
My husband and I have know each other for 26 years and have been married for 25 years in April.  I guess that IS forever.   :)

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Congrats, Aleta! My parents have been together for 30 years this year  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Oh sweety I missed this post - too funny! I just posted one on this very subject.  :doh:

Ya they did. Me very cold and so is all the critters!!!!! bbbrrrrrrrr!!!!
peek at the other post Aleta. You can see what I've been thinking about these leprechauns and their gift.  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin
But, really my smile is almost frozen in place. I could become the frozen teeth bearing artist. *wink* ha ha ha right?

Very pretty pictures thro...lovely ...... "no no I wouldn't cross over" .... "snow is bad" - "snow is cold" .... "snow makes me walk slow as I freeze up" ..... "pants freeze and get stiff" - "me walk even more slow and the really funny looking" .... "ran from pretty pictures Kassity" ..."rrraannnn!!!!!!!"

Hugs Kassie

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Aleta,

I live about 15 miles east of Albany between Lebanon and Scio in the country.  Scio is a teeny town with a population of 600 plus the town rooster (mascot) that roams the streets looking for attention.

I'm surrounded by pastures and my neighbors behind me have 30+ plus cows that think I'm the apple lady.  They come running in the fall when the apple trees are loaded because they know I'll have apples for them.  It's hysterical.

Portland, Oregon
Website

We're still in the white stuff this morning.   bear_sad  I'd like my green grass and flowers back.  Pretty please.   bear_wub  It's lovely, this snow, but really, I'm sooooo over it.

Waiting with hugs for my green grass and pink trees to return,
Aleta

P.S.  What?  You've never seen anyone hug their grass before?   bear_original  bear_laugh  bear_grin

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_laugh Aleta I'm just picturing you hugging your grass and coddling your flowers  bear_laugh   Winter's been a bit backwards this year; very mild through Jan and Feb, only to be a bit nasty now.  Ah well, it happens....

Shantell  I LOVE where you live!!!  It has to be some of the prettiest countryside, that's still true 'country' replete with cows and poultry, left in Oregon.  There's lots of other places that used to be country (like Wilsonville) but it went all strip malls, and huge box stores, and tract housing.  We seriously considered relocating to east of Lebanon before we relocated back here.  There's a shop in Lebanon that we used to buy petrified wood and all sorts of gorgeous gems from.  Actually we met the couple at several different gem and mineral shows and tracked them down!  bear_happy   It was certainly worth the trip....

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

Its still snowing!!!  We were just in Newport and it snowed there!  I live a couple miles from Newport.  I've lived here about 10 years and I can only remember it snowing like this twice.
Joan

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Beautiful snow pictures, Aleta. Thanks for posting them.
I hope that you will soon have your pink and white blossoms and green grass back.
Stay warm, wrap up well and take care out there.

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

Board footer