Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Shelli,  bear_flower
I'm torn between two of them!  I'll just have to try to get to the show early on Friday to see them in the "real".  I've found that photographing, or even scanning, just doesn't do the cards justice.  Do you find the same thing?

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, absolutely.  And it doesn't help that I"m stumbling around with these file issues.  To animate you need to save using a particular file type; I think only .gif works.  And even though I'm specifying "no dither," I'm getting crappy resolution on my .gif outcomes.

Where's Penny... She's done this more than me.

I hate learning curves.  Even while they challenge and invigorate me!!!

Aleta... tell me which two, I'll try to keep them in reserve for you.  And I'll probably be making more. bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

GREAT,

GREAT

cards, Shelli!!  sssshhhh . . . is one of them mine?  If you need all of them for the show, that's okay . . . I'll wait 'til you get back - no rush!  I want to trade with anyone else who will trade with me . . . anybody????

Portland, Oregon
Website

I'll trade with you Sue Ann!!   bear_original  bear_original

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Portland, Oregon
Website

Shelli,  bear_flower
After sitting here watching the cards scroll by one after the other for several minutes, I think I've made a decision.  I'd like to trade with you for Precious.  Please do set her aside for me, if you will.   bear_original  bear_original   Thank you so much!

Warmest bear hugs,   :hug:
Aleta

P.S.  I actually love them all and that Miss Pink Piggie was really tugging at my heartstrings.  She may just hog tie me at the show.....if she makes it there!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

SueAnn wrote:

is one of them mine?

ABSOLUTELY!  And I've got several more on the drafting table.  Will share/post when I'm done, Sue Ann... you can have first dibs (except for PRECIOUS, of course...)

bear_original

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Shelli, I reallylike those cards you have done up - what a super job.

I'm really new to this ATC/ACEO thing - I have figured out what the ATC means I think (Artist Trading Cards), but I just can't figure out what ACEO means - can someone please tell me? Thanks

Feeling like a real dummy - Jane P.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

At the rate you're going sweetie you're not going to have any left for the show!!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

My FavoriteMissShelli

Hi honey....don't sell yourself short.  (Where've I heard this before?) 

You have been watching B4B and the card sales I am sure.  So you already know what the cards are going for.

There are cards and there are cards.  I love the cards I have gotten....they are treasures being hidden in a special drawer until I have enough to hang on the wall.

I just saw your little guy up there and he is adorable and I would expect to pay anywhere from $15-30.

The reasons are:  He's a little special piece of Potbelly bears which aren't that easy to get.
You made him a little more special-extra imagination, extras added etc.

And if you are selling at a show, don't forget there will be alot of people with walking around money walking around.  Maybe they can't afford a $500.00 bear but they have $30.00 for a card?  So they buy one.  i would.

Some wonderful lady on B4B has a penchant for a particular card and has run the bidding up quite high.  However, she owns the bears of the particular artist that are pictured in the card.  She said she thought it would be faulously wonderful to own the card for her bears. 

I have to agree. 

That made it impossible for me to bid against her, when i learned that.  i really hope she gets her card.

If one of the artists I have collected were to make a card with my bears pic I would do everything in my power, including beans and rice for the month, to get my hands on that card. 

That's something to think about.

And another thing  I have observed is that the very first card and artist makes semms to go for quite a bit, which is quite the compliment....For people to fight over an artists first card.

Now given who you are and what it takes to make a card, I wouldn't sell for less than $25-#30.

It takes me a day to do the cards.  Granted mine are slightly different, in that i sew them into a padded cloth sleeve and then proceed to add embroidery and dodadds and usually a golly face to the card....its what anyone who knows me would expect, right?

I sincerly hope you do start cards, I would beg borrow, steal or

TRADE

to get one of your cards.....

gollyhuggles

dilu

There are a lot of artistsgirls here that i would love to trade cards with.  I want to collect a lot of cards to shadowbox and hang.....It would be so fun to see all these wonderful artists everytime i walked by the shadowbox.  I bet i would see something new every time.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Aleta - The Silly Bear wrote:

I'll trade with you Sue Ann!!   bear_original  bear_original

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

O thank you so much, Aleta . . . I e-mailed you some choices!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

And thanks to you, too, Shelli . . . can't wait to get mine!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer