Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi All,

I have been a very lucky Lady - my husband took me for a surprise holiday to Hawaii for a week.
We had such fun swimming in the sea, shopping and having a relaxing time.
Coming back to our winter though has been a little hard after the beautiful sunny weather we had.
I am still feeling a little jet lagged but will now get on with unpacking and getting some washing done.

I hope life has been well with you all - I have a lot of catching up to do here on TT.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Carolyn -
I have always wanted to go to Hawaii, but have never had the money or the time.
Glad to hear that you had a nice time.
Hope you have a nice tan to show for it...

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

oh Carolyn, I am jealous!

probably a slight diference between waiheke and hawaii!  has spring arrived up north - it's been a pearler in welly the last couple of days - so of course I've been curtains closed in bed with a migraine.

Irene Irenours-bears
France

I'm so happy for you Carolyn bear_original Mans can sometimes be so sweet bear_grin Did you took pictures? How are people there? Are they communicative and patient with tourist? :hug:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Carolyn how lovely to have a holiday in Hawaii, I so happy that you had a good time..

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

How lovely Carolyn!!  Welcome home  :hug:
xx sarah

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

OOOOOOH, Carolyn . . . lucky, lucky you!  So glad you had a wonderful trip.  Photos???

Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hawaii was beautiful - lovely beaches and we had some beautiful swims and yes Jared,  I did get a suntan but not like some of the people on the beaches were the colour of a coconut!

You never guess what happened - the battery on the camera had not charged so I was not able
to share any photos with you - that I was hoping to do. Sorry SueAnn and Irene.
Melissa the weather has been beautiful up here today - Spring is here with daffidols, freesias and camellias out in full bloom. When we arrived back though it was an overcast rainy, and a cold Sunday. Such a contrast from where we had come from. We had on warm clothes but many people on the plane had shorts and summer clothes, not really thinking of what it would be like back home.

You  know one thing I missed was a cup of hot tea - which they did not seem to do.
Also tipping - we do not practise that over here and it seemed strange having to work out the
15% on a meal or a cab ride etc.
We stayed at the Hilton Village in the Rainbow Tower and had a lovely view of the sea and marina
and the lights at night were very pretty, sitting out on our balcony.
I enjoyed looking around the International market where we picked up some souvenirs and also
looking at the top end shops at the Ala Moana mall.

The Plane trip was 9 hours so it was a long haul and a long way to go for 7 days.
It is good to be home as there really is no place like home!

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Oh Carolyn!  bear_flower
I love Hawaii!!  I love the way it smells......like exotic flowers and fresh rain.  Did you notice how the clouds hang around the tops of the mountains, yet, it's sunny on the beaches?  It's spectacular!  I have such lovely memories of the times I've been in Hawaii.  Thank you for the memories and the smiles that go with them.  For a moment I forgot all about the day to day "stuff".

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Auckland New Zealand
Website

Yes the fragrance of the flowers is just so gorgeous  -  the frangapani and orchids are so
beautiful. The warm tropical rain is lovely and cools the air down.

I had been there in a brief stopover 20 years ago and so it was nice to go back to some of the
places, I had seen before.

Glad that you have had some happy memories there also, Aleta.

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

Board footer