Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

As some of you already know, I did a picture tutorial of how I made a needle felted/wet felted egg...and now it's finally time to unveil what hatched from the egg! Here are some pictures of the event!

The Egg slowly opens.dragon01t.jpgdragon02t.jpgA Tiny dragon says "Hello world"dragon03t.jpgThen he stretchs out to dry in the sun.dragon05t.jpgNow for a short nap.dragon06t.jpgWhen he wakes up he says "Hi, my name is Gnarl & I think I am ready for my first adventure!"dragon07t.jpg"If only I could figure out how to get out of this egg."dragon08t.jpgAnd off he goes to explore!dragon09t.jpg

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Oh Charlotte he is wonderful...congratulations on the birth of your dragon!  :clap:   :clap:   :clap:

Hugs,

Adkins, Texas

Awwww thanks so much Sandi :hug:

Hugs &

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Very cute and creative, Charlotte!!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

GREAT JOB!

I also just felted a dragon, but I really like your too. That egg is sooo sweet! I should check out your tutorial again so I can try wet felting.

Thanks for sharing,

Heather

Adkins, Texas

Thanks so much Sue Ann!!!

Hugs &

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Fantastic and creative work...

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

So cute really so very cute.

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

AWWWWWW WOW HOW CUTE YOU ARE SO CLEVER. bear_thumb  SUCH DETAIL AND IMAGINATION.... bear_wub

Adkins, Texas

Heather,
Thanks so much I would love to see your dragon too:) If you have any questions about wet felting let me know :hug:

Hugs &

Adkins, Texas

Thanks so much Patsy, Bronwen & Lanie :hug:

Hugs &

Adkins, Texas

Thanks so much Renae! Dragons are fun...lol...yes you really should make a Mother dragon & a baby.. :dance: That would be great fun...and sure...I would love to help you...ya don't need to scream..honest. :hug:

Hugs &

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Absolutely adorable  bear_wub

And the name is perfect . . . Gnarl :crackup:

Love it!

Adkins, Texas

LOL..Thanks Eileen...He said his name was Gnnnaaaarrrrllllll when I asked him...I thought is was perfect...lol Glad you like his name!!!

Hugs &

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Charlotte, this is fabulous, congrats  :clap:

Adkins, Texas

Thanks so much Karen :hug:

Hugs &

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

:clap:  :clap:  :crackup:  :clap:  :clap:  :crackup:
Now that was definitely fun bear_thumb
Is that your only egg Charlotte? have you made any more?  I think I've made 5. Only 2 critters for them though. bear_grin

Adkins, Texas

Wendy,
I sure had a blast with this whole project!!!! Thanks for getting it all started!
I have only one other egg...& no kritter for it...but have plans...just no time. I have a big local art tour/show this weekend with baskets & needle felties and after that, maybe things will slow down a little for me.. :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: notice I said maybe!!!

Glad you got to see Gnarl bear_grin

Hugs &

WA

I've been trying to catch up on everyones critters and all the gossip bear_grin  But there is just no way to do it all. Just way too much info aye?  But I am going to give it my best shot. bear_grin  bear_thumb
I'm just way too nosey for my own good. That's me. bear_grin  bear_grin  I 'm glad I caught up with Gnarl too.

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Awww. he is too cute. Looking at his photos, I could believe he is real. Great job!
Sonya

Adkins, Texas
SunnieOne wrote:

Awww. he is too cute. Looking at his photos, I could believe he is real. Great job!
Sonya

What what what...Gnarl isn't real????? bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin Thanks so much Sonya!!!

Hugs &

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Wendy, how on earth did I miss this one!  WOW!  I love it. bear_wub   bear_wub  bear_wub  You need to make more of these darling critters. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Great job!

Kathleen Pa

WOW! That is really cute!!! I love the whole kritter in an egg idea! bear_wub

Kathleen

Adkins, Texas

Judi & Kathleen,
Thanks so very much...Wendy & I had this thing going back & forth...trying to find a good way to make eggs...and when I came up with the wet/needle felted egg...it just grew from there...and I just had to create something special for my first egg...and thus...Gnarrrrrllll...the baby needle felted dragon happened. I do plan to make more...ummm one of these days...

Hugs &

WA

I also enjoyed making my eggs.  In the end I found that only two layers of thick paper was all that was needed.
It had a calming affect on me as well , while doing the glueing.  And ..water bomb balloons I found have the best egg shape.
The best part of it was workshopping online here with Charlotte and our very responsive audience. It was really great fun. bear_thumb

Board footer