Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I recently opened a store on ebay and sell my "junk" and family members items as well.... I also will buy things that I find for good deals (and make a bit of a profit  bear_happy   ) 

My question is from a buyer in France who is asking the question in French and I dunno what all she is asking!!! If I had to make a guess, I am asking that she wants to know dimensions and postage to France (am I correct)?  how do I answer her back??? HELP!

bonjour,pouvez-vous donner les dimensions(cm) et prix de livraison (france), merci

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Kim, you are right. She is asking for the size of your item and what the postage cost to France will be.

As for your reply, I'll leave that to the experts bear_original

Possibly

Merci pour votre question

Les dimensions sont.....cms

Il coutera $**** envoyer en France.    (the u in coutera needs a hat on it, I think) bear_cry

:hug:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

LOL... thats what I thought but I don't know how to respond to her (I don't speak french LOL) Thanks for your help bear_original

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

I have a really good customer that lives in France, and neither of us speaks the other's language.  We just email back and forth in our own language, and we seem to be able to figure out what is being said.  I have high school French (but failed it!).  We keep the sentences really simple and it seems to work.  I have also purchased a French/English dictionary that is a real help.  Good luck.

Jane P.

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

I studied both French and German at A level as I really enjoy languages. I hardly ever use them now which is a shame. It's surprising how rusty you get.

Now and again I order mohair from Germany and try to order it all in my dodgy german. I usually get there and I've had no nasty surprises in my mohair parcels.....YET bear_shocked

:hug:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

LOL... I had three years of spanish but can't speak a lick of it LOL.... I can understand words here and there and also know lots of words but I can't conjugate verbs!  bear_wacko

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Hi there Kim!  I'd be happy to help you craft a reply in French... but the last time I spoke French to someone I said.... "I am vegetable," instead of "I am a vegetarian!"  I don't think you'll want MY help!  You just might give them your OWN dimentions and postage costs!!!!  bear_ermm  bear_shocked    :hug:

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Hi, I'm here ;).

You are all right, she is asking for the bear dimensions in centimeters and the shipping cost to France.

As an answer :

Bonjour,
merci de votre question. (thanks for your question)
L'ours fait xxxx cm de haut. (the bear stands xxxx cm)
Les frais de port pour la France sont de xxx euros/dollars US. (the shiping cost to France are xxx euros/USdollars)

Merci encore, (thanks again)
amitiés, (kindest regards)
Kim (Kim bear_tongue )

Feel free to send me a mail when you need a translation ! :)
Bear hugs,
Marion

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

ok... well, I went to get a shipping quote but it depends on how she wants it sent... now I need more translation LOL (WOW IT IS EXPENSIVE TO SHIP!)

Here is what I need translated....

Global Express Mail (EMS) 3-5 days, Airmail Parcel Post 4-10 days, Economy (surface) Parcel Post 4-6 weeks

Thank you so much for your help, Marion...

Kim, you are so funny  :crackup:

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Kim
If you go to www.google.com and look on the left of the search bar that comes up, you can see a language preference menu.  Select it and it will help you translate sentences back and forth.
It is a really helpful thing I have found.

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland
Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Global Express Mail (EMS) 3-5 days, Airmail Parcel Post 4-10 days, Economy (surface) Parcel Post 4-6 weeks

Préférez-vous que je vous envoie votre colis en courrier express (put the real name too so that she can make a search if she wants : Global Express Mail), auquel cas le colis mettra 3 à 5 jours à vous parvenir, en colis postal par avion (Airmail Parcel Post), ce qui prendra 4 à 10 jours, ou en colis postal économique (Economy surface Parcel Post), ce qui prendra 4 à 6 semaines ?

Yes it's less condensed  :redface: :D. I wrote :
Do you prefer me to send your parcel through Global Express Mail, with which the parcel will take 3 to 5 days to arrive you, through Airmail Parcel Post, which would take 4 to 10 days, or through Economy surface Parcel Post, which would take 4to 6 weeks ?

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia
Jane Perala wrote:

I have high school French (but failed it!).

Oh I am so glad I wasn't the only one. I'm absolutely hopeless at foreign language...so I'm no help at all. :redface:

Good Luck Kim ... I hope you get a sale!

Hugs,

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

He he he, i see I arrive too late to help! Marion did it already.  bear_tongue

So i have nothing to add as she was just perfect!!!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

you guys are just too good (and kind)... thanks a bunch! When I opened the email (from the French buyer) and I just looked at it dumbfounded for a bit --- I was lost LOL LOL....  bear_laugh

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I did it... here is what I wrote (actually cut and pasted  :crackup:  :crackup: )

Bonjour,
merci de votre question.
Le tour de lit fait 400-420 cm de long et 22 cm de haut.
Préférez-vous que je vous envoie votre colis en courrier express (Global Express Mail), auquel cas le colis mettra 3 à 5 jours à vous parvenir, en colis postal par avion (Airmail Parcel Post), ce qui prendra 4 à 10 jours, ou en colis postal économique (Economy surface Parcel Post), ce qui prendra 4 à 6 semaines ?

amitiés,
Kim

Hope you gals are around when she responds!  :crackup:

Board footer