Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Hi All, I hope you haven't forgotten me while I have been busy making bears.  bear_grin
I have a week to go till my first show, but I have gotten to the stage where I just need to take a break.
The checklist someone put together on here is a godsend  bear_thumb  Thankyou  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
I made the cutest little bags for people to take there bears away ( if I sell any).
Pity I spelt a word wrong and had to do them all over again  bear_wacko  :doh: 
And, I am in the process of naming and tagging all the bears I have been busy creating over the last month.
I have downloaded the TT flyer and printed out heaps  bear_grin
I even bought myself a guillotine to chop them all to the same size  bear_grin  it's the best thing out since vegimite  bear_grin

I set the Bears all up on a table just to see the effect, and I am pleased with what I have achieved.
So......once I get all the fiddly bits done, tagging, pricing, ect..
I will be set.  bear_rolleyes  I think  bear_rolleyes
My biggest bugbear (hehehe) is the pricing, I can only go by what I get through ebay, and I have compromised to a bit under average prices.....I don't know how this will work, if I am over or underpricing my bears, I just don't know.  bear_noexpression

I am already getting the jitters and keep having to tell myself to breath, I think I am going to be a nervous wreck before I even get there  bear_shocked

Gosh... I hope i didn't bore you.... I guess you all know what it's like for your first show........
so wish me luck
Hugs, Chris

Patty Posts: 36

I hope you do good at your show. I LOVE the bunny in your avatar!

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Just go and have a great time !!! Shows are allot of work but FUN !!! :dance:

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Good Luck and Best Wishes for a successful show.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, Chris, you'll have a great day!
Try not to set any high expectations, go with an open mind and a smile on your face... and preferably no circles under your eyes so get some rest the night before! bear_original That's where I used to go wrong and I'd be dragging half way through the show and have to pull over for a nap on the way home in the car!

One's first show is always the most nerve-wracking! Then once you are there and are a couple of hours into the show you wonder what you go so nerved up about! It's the unknown! Just remember that bear people, whether collectors or artists, are mostly all wonderful, warm hearted folks and they are all there to have a good day! Not everyone will like your bears.... it's a fact of life for all of us. So when some one takes a glance and walks right by your booth don't get offended! All the folks who do stop and smile when they look into the eyes of one of your bears will make all of your efforts worth while!!!

You will truly shine, I just know it! You've got the personality and desire to do this and make it great!

Don't forget to take lots of pictures of your booth and bears!!! We want to see!

Good luck and Huge Hugs,
Daphne & Storm too!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Loads of luck, Chris . . . your work is awesome and will sell itself!  By the way, is a guillotine what Aussies call a paper cutter?  Somehow, guillotine brings up pictures in my mind of more sinister activities!   bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Chris, I will be there at the show to cheer you on, quietly of course.. :dance:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Best of luck Chris and to anyone else participating in the show.
Have fun and enjoy your day.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Good luck Chris!

Relax and enjoy your first show, your bears and friends are beautiful. 

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

SueAnn, a guillotine is a bit diferent to a paper cutter.  A paper cutter slides along the length of the paper, but a guillotine is exactly like the ones that chop off heads. Except the ones for paper are hinged on one end and you pull the handle down and it goes CHOP!!!!
Denise, I didn't recognise you with your new av, very spiffy  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: I do hope to see you next sunday  bear_grin
Daphne, I will take lots of photo's to show you all, and there will be some of Storms sister there too  bear_grin
However, I will NOT name a bear Storm again, because after I sent him you all nearly got washed away in that big storm.  Gosh I felt so guilty  bear_wacko
Thankyou all for your support and well wishes for the show.
I am still telling myself to breath now and then, but not so much now  bear_grin

sarahjane Brisbane

GOOD LUCK CHRIS.

...I hope you have a great show!!!

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Hi Chris,
I'll be there too. This is only my third show and I'm still nervous! bear_ermm
I have dropped the prices on my bears from the last time as I didn't sell even one...and it hurt. bear_sad  I figure I'm better to go home with less bears and more $ 'cos you can't make more until the previous ones leave home. If I don't sell some this time..I may just cry. bear_cry
Denise, make sure you come and say hi to me too okay! bear_thumb

Hayley, will look out for you too.  Will be bringing the camera as I have a personal challenge of meeting as many bear friends from online chatting as possible.
So far I have met Taralee Teds,  Real Deal Bears, kpbears,  and Kimba from New Zealand.

Will also bring some $$$ as you never know what I may find..  See you then.

sarahjane Brisbane

The more  :photo:  the better Denise!!!  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

BIG HUGS ladies  :hug:   Just put on big smiles and yes breathe deep and enjoy.  I didn't go into my first show...indeed into any teddy selling arenas...thinking I'd sell anything.  I just went in with my lovely bears and a big smile and thought I'd enjoy the day ~ and I did!  And I made some special people smile that day, and that really made my day along with adopting a few bears. 

:hug:  Best of lucky gals!  You never know, dropping your price just a smidge may help soemone to purchase a bear from you.   Although I was never shy about promoting a layaway at the shows, we all know how much better it feels to have someone fuzzy in our arms  bear_wub

My first experiance at selling my bears was at a local craft market.  Unfortunately I was too nervous the morning of the market, in fact I was crying and felt really awful so dear hubby took them to the market, set up the stall and he sold 5 bears.

I stayed home and answered his phonecall each time he sold one.
I am fine now, and my idea is that I am offering my bears to who so ever may like to own one.
Most times I think the bear chooses the owner.....

Debbie, that is a great idea of advertising layaway :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_thumb .... Hope you don't mind if I take up your sugestion.  bear_grin

Hayley, that was a terrible day that day.  I wouldn't feel too bad if I were you, your bears are fab  bear_wub

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

I hope that both you Chris and Hayley have a good day and sell some bears... I did a show yesterday and it was so slow, mind you we had bush fires all around us and heavy winds that was bringing down trees, so I guess you can't blame people for not going out...

Stellajella Wien

Chris, you´re gonna have an exciting time and a geat show, I´m sure abaout that!  bear_grin

Have fun
Gaby bear_flower

For those of you that will be going to the Melbourne Teddy show, I have scanned a map of where I will be.  So, hopefully you will pop in to say HI, would love to see you there.  I will be the one hiding behind my table shaking like a leaf  bear_grin

map.jpg

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Chris, lots and lots of luck for your show!!!!  It sounds so exciting!  And Hayley you too..lots and lots of luck...and remember to have fun!  Envy the lot of you going and hope you take lots of photos for us who can't attend.

Patsy, sorry that your show was slow bear_sad  I was thinking of you.

xox sarah

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Chris and Hayley are you the only TT members doing the Melbourne Teddy Show?

What about Kerrie (Best Dressed Bears) and Glenys (Gatehouse Gallery)?

bear_thumb See your there!

Hugs,

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Goodluck Chris and Hayley, you'll both be fine, sorry I won't be able to drop in and see you all.  :hug:

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Sandi, I haven't seen or heard from Kerrie in ages but I'm sure she'll be at the show. I have seen Glenys on a little bit lately and hope she'll be at the show too.
Thankyou all for your good wishes..the weather forecast is for a beautiful spring day (unlike thae last show which was blowing a gale and only for the determined or insane!!)...and I believe its the footy grand final day too?? so all the men will go to the footy and not miss their wives who can go to the teddy show guilt free!! :dance:

Board footer