Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

Hi

Maybe the question is already answers here, but I try anyway (hope you can understand my english)

I´m new to Ebay and I´ve just created a 'me' page but I can´t find out how to get my background
on the page.

I´ve made my own page in 'html' and when I copy the html kode the background don´t upload

What do I do wrong?

If I want to put a bear for sale and want to use my own page instead of Ebay´s standard - do I do it in the same way as the 'me' page.

Do anyone at all understand what I´m talking about?  bear_wacko

Stellajella Wien

Tina, I´m a very talented and well spendin ebay BUYER but had no luck in selling so far; I´ve been tying to figure out what you mean, but I guess you are typing about some sort of template where you present your bears, right?

Gaby bear_flower

sarahjane Brisbane

If you already have the backgroud you want on your selling page than perhaps you could try copying and pasting the background html directly from one to the other..

Or is this what you are already doing??

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

Hi Sarah Jane and Gaby

Thank you for your answers.
I´m trying to make a page with colors on the background , as I have seen by other sellers.
I think they make a page on there own computer and then opload it  when they are making the seller page on Ebay.
I have made a page on my own computer in html where I have put a background and text and pics.
And then I have tryed to copi the page into Ebay where it says "make your own html". The text is copied ok but the background is just white? and not the one I have put on my own page

Something like this page I have found on a 'me' page on Ebay

http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl … shiondolls

I don´t know how to do this

Does this make any sence at all.?

sarahjane Brisbane

Yes you are making perfect sense.... I am no expert, but I think that if you want your background to show on your page you will have to upload the background to some webspace and then insert it into your html as an image.

It should read something like this  IMG src="http://webspaceprovider/webspace name/background name.JPG"

This probably makes no sense at all but there are some people on here who know a lot more than me and they should be along soon I'm sure......YOOHOOO where are you!!!  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

chris009av Real Deal Bears

I think you might be right SarahJane, Tina you need the background stored on another website for it to work.
Unfortuanatly I am no expert either, so hopefully one will come along and correct us if we are wrong  bear_grin

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

Hi
I think I know what you mean.

I have to make the page by some graphic company or something like that so the page is saved some place els than on my own computer, right?

I´ll try surfing Ebay some more and see where orthers have created the 'me' pages and descriptions.
Thank you so much for helping.

Darren Ellerton Jac-Q-Lyn Bears
England

Hi Tina

I have an About Me page, the easiest way I have found to get a nice background is to use a template, I use www.sellersourcebook.com

Find a template you like do your About Me Page and when you get to the html page press copy code button.  Then go to ebay to where you can add your about me page and where it says enter own html paste and all background and text will appear.

I have basic computer knowledge and this website helps alot for all my Ebay listings so easy to use.

There is a small subscription fee, but it is worth it in the end.

Hope I have made sense.

Good Luck
Jacqui
www.jacqlynbears.com

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

Hi Jacqui

That sounds great - and easy to.
That is what I´m going to do.

Thank you so much.

Board footer