Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

Hi All ,

I am sat here browsing teddy talk and watching Forrest Gump on the T.V and I`ve got to say it`s one of my all time favourites films. I want to live in Forrest Gumps house in Green Bow Alabama and have one of those beautiful big trees with the hangy moss in them.(Just to see one of those trees would be a dream come true)
Anyway it got me thinking, What are your favourite films??????
I `ve just got to add to my list....
The green mile
The colour purple
Interview with a vampire
and
Legends of the fall bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

Ps Any photo`s of hangy moss trees (I don`t know the correct name) would be very much appreciated. :crackup:  :crackup:

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Chloe, Forrest Gump is one of my all time favorites --if not the favorite! I also love Phantom of the Opera, and the Mummy. There are lots of kid movies I love too, but Finding Nemo is a current favorite kid movie! I love the forgetful fish Dori because she reminds me of me!

somerset

OH i just love finding nemo too, and Shrek , I love the adult humor in them and find myself telling my 3 year old daughter "you think you can do these things nemo , but you just can`t" bless. :crackup:  :crackup:

clare14 Country Bears
England

Ooooh I love Forest Gump too!!  Jen-nee!!!   bear_original My momma always said....   bear_wub

I also love You've got mail - I want a 'Shop around the Corner' full of bears just like her bookshop.......

More favourites....um...Back to the Future, Dirty Dancing (of course!) ALL CHRISTMAS FILMS EVER MADE, City of Angels, Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe, Country Bears (great film!!), Top Gun..... oh the list is endless!!   Ah I'm also with you with Legends of the Fall Chloe - but that Green Mile gave me nightmares for ages - that dry sponge bit in the electric chair....eeeew!!  bear_cry

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

The moss is Spanish Moss.  We made a 4000 mile road trip in May from Tennessee to Savannah and up the coast to Washington DC, NYC, Pennsylvania and Niagara Falls, Kentucky and back to Tennessee.  (Our daughter and son-in-law live in TN.  We flew there and rented a car for the trip.)

Someone in Savannah said that Spanish moss has bugs in it and they used to use it to stuff their mattresses, hence, "don't let the bed bugs bite."

I think Savannah was one of my favorite places and is full of trees with the Spanish moss.  In fact we saw the bench in Savannah where Forest Gump sat.  I'll see if I can dig up any spanish moss pics from our trip.

One of my all time favorite movies is Little Big Man with Dustin Hoffman.  Labrynth has to be up there on the list too.  Oh yeah, Napoleon Dynamite.  :crackup:

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Ewww..love Forest (love Tom Hanks).  I have several favorites that I play over and over as background noise in the studio. I like music, but I feel more creative when there's a familiar "conversation" going on...odd huh?

You've got Mail, French Kiss, Sliding Doors, Story of Us, Everafter, The Way We Were, Pirates of Car., Truman Show, Fun with Dick and Jane (this movie is hysterical!!), Along came Polly, Neverending Story, Goonies, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Milo & Otis, 50 First Dates, Midsummer's Night Dream (kevin Kline....LOVE him),Overboard.......there are probably 100 more, but this is what I see on the most watched shelf right now :crackup:   One of my ALL TIME favorites from when I was a kid is The Point, a cartoon narrated by Ringo Starr and music by Harry Nilsson.

:hug:
~Chrissi

somerset

OHH I am so jealous , it would be a dream to sit under one of those trees, yes please photo`s would be great.
I will see one, one day. :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Ooh, i have lots!

Fried Green Tomatoes
Steel Magnolias
6th Sense
Green Mile
The Bone Collector

BUT, if I HAD to choose a favourite, it would, without doubt, be MURIEL'S WEDDING!!!!!!  :crackup:  :dance:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

There are lots of movies I like...

I love animated/claymation movies like Finding Nemo, Robots, Monsters, Inc.,  Wallace and Gromit, etc.
Comedies - Meet the Fockers, Ancorman, The Legend of Ron Burgundy, Wedding Crashers
Horror - pretty much anything (love vampire movies!)
(I love Pirates of the Carribean!)

I am not much of a sports fan so sports-related movies aren't anything I would watch

Penn Valley, CA

P1000193-Small.JPG

SPANISH MOSS ON A RIVER IN CHARLESTON SOUTH CAROLINA.

Sorry, I didn't seem to take pics of Spanich moss in Savannah.

somerset

Thankyou so much Patty, beautiful,  bear_wub  bear_wub

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Bridget Jone's Diary - I can watch that over and over!
The King and I - Yul Brynner has such presence.  I also love the remake with Jodie Foster, 'Anna and the king'.
South Pacific - Beautiful!
My Fair Lady - Audrey Hepburn and Rex Harrison ... an unlikely mix, but for me it works!

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

Oh my gosh Paula! I love Yul Brenner too! He was probably one of my very first crushes... etc, etc, etc!

My recent favorite has to be "Just Friends". That movie is hilarious!

"Room with a View" is also another great one. I just love Julian Sands!

Aerianna

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I really know very little about the current movies.  My favorites are the oldies.  I love the old Disney films (Polyanna is one of my favorites).  I also love the old westerns with Roy Rogers, John Wayne and Gabby Hayes.  I guess I am really old fashioned.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I just love 'Wallace and Gromit' but noone I know does, so I'm all alone bear_cry
I love 'Lemony Snickets- Series of unfortunate events' and 'Nany McFee'
but my all time favourites are 'Muriels Wedding' & 'The Full Monty'

AND plays.....'The Importance of being Ernest' and 'Blithe Spirit' bear_grin

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ooh, fun topic!  I wanna play!

How the Grinch Stole Christmas (animated, narrated by Boris Karloff) -- we watch this EVERY year, Christmas Eve.  I love when he gets that "wonderful, awful" idea and his lips curl!  And I love Christmas!

French Kiss-
- so sweet, so funny, so romantic.  Kevin Kline is brilliant.

The Sure Thing
-- absolutely hysterical.  "Who invented liquid soap, and why?"  Much of the latter part of the film is shot at my alma mater, UCLA... and I first saw this movie while an undergrad there.

The Illusionist -- just saw it.  Haunting soundtrack; just beautiful.  It has "Oscar nomination, Best Score" all over it.  Plus... Who'da thunk Edward Norton, despite his huge talent, could be so [INVALID] & compelling?  But dang, he is... and then some.  I think I may just part with another $7.50 to see it in theater AGAIN.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy -- I have no idea why I'm so drawn to these movies since I never read the books and I'm not the typical Tolkein "type" but I think they're brilliant and have seen all of them twenty bajillion times, which isn't remotely enough.  Maybe it's the faerie/Froud admirer in me.  And I wanna live in The Shire!  I want a round door house!

Bruce Almighty -- Jennifer Aniston and Jim Carrey are too funny and the concept is genius.

Little Miss Sunshine -- a gorgeous film about ordinary life and every day people... and about how, no matter how screwed up we may be, we're all heroes and we can all grow.

Requiem for a Dream -- one of the most difficult films I've ever watched and a pulsating visual example of why "Just say no to drugs" is a pretty darn good policy to live by.

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Wendy said:

but my all time favourites are 'Muriels Wedding' & 'The Full Monty'

Wendy, I'm SO glad that someone else's favourite film is Muriel's Wedding!!! Everyone I know thinks I'm sad!  :crackup:

somerset

THIS IS GREAT , I`m gonna have to start watching some of these films, some I have seen, but some I have never heard of, its great when you get good recommendations.
I just remembered another of my all time fav`s "Anne of Green Gables" OHHHH how could have I forgot it, I think I have watched this over 50 times ,it just makes me want to cry all the way through, I love a good weepy. bear_cry  bear_cry
And shelli , my husband and I had the music from the film French Kiss for our wedding, "la vie en rose "Louise Armstrong ahhhhhhhhh just love that sound track.

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836
Shelli wrote:

Requiem for a Dream -- one of the most difficult films I've ever watched and a pulsating visual example of why "Just say no to drugs" is a pretty darn good policy to live by.

THIS is the movie that changed movie watching with my hub forever... whenever he asks what I want to see I say "happy-funny-love....NO DRUGS".  The movie was very well done, and would scare any young teen into never touching a drug.   It was just sensory overload for me...it still freaks me out. Poor hub rents "his" movies and "her" movies now...BUT he still watches mine :crackup:  :crackup:

:hug:
~Chrissi

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Chloe... La Vie en Rose is lovely.  My husband is always singing La Mer, like Kevin Kline does during the credits.  He thinks he does so, well.  'Fraid he should stick to the day job! 

That whole movie (French Kiss) just slays me.  I can't see it enough.  I've been to France several times, including Paris and parts of Provence; slept on a train; and eaten breakfast in the dining car after ordering "cafe".  The countryside is just as lovely as pictured and the movie really brings me back to all that beauty and all those memories.  Besides, I admit, I have a girl crush on Meg Ryan in this movie in particular.  Could that girl BE any more adorable?

Chrissi... Yes, to say that Requiem for a Dream is "dark" is like saying chocolate is "eh, okay."  Truly a heartbreaking film, but very powerful.  Made me think about all the ways people become addicted, and about the precious things -- health, self-respect -- people are willing to give up to feed those addictions.  I like movies that entertain me with fluff -- The Sure Thing is an all-time favorite and it's pure college-meathead grossout humor in places -- but I also like deeper films that really make me think.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

'Kes' has to be my all time favorite..it's just so full of humour and and sadness at the same time.

The 'Life of Brian' caused a lot of hoo-haa when it came out but is just so ridiculously funny

I love the Marx Brothers 'A day at the races' and most Bob Hope films

'Into the West' was a wonderful film about a white horse in Ireland ...just magical

'Whistle down the Wind'...too..if only just to hear that little lad say 'Ey-up Jackie, d'you want a kitten?' in his Yorkshire accent.

Too many to say really.....I could go on and on...but I won't!!

somerset

Shelli wrote "Besides, I admit, I have a girl crush on Meg Ryan in this movie in particular.  Could that girl BE any more adorable?"
:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: I`m glad i`m not the only one.

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Wow, I haven't even heard of half of these movies! I really do need to get out more!  bear_grin
My favorites are:
Bridges of Madison County
O Brother Where Art Thou
Fitzcaraldo
All the Harry Potter movies

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Oh Jenny I'd forgotten about the Life of Brian--it's got to be the all time funniest movie I've ever seen!

Dodgeball was pretty darn funny too though!

Penn Valley, CA

I love Wallace and Grommit too.   

I forgot all about them.  Years ago I bought the first three movies they made on VCR.  The one where they go to the moon, the wrong trousers and the one with the penguin.  I don't remember the names of the films.  I looked for them about a month ago because I wanted to convert them to DVD and I couldn't find them  bear_cry  bear_cry   I guess they were lost in our move.

I haven't seen the last two they released at the movies.  I'll have to rent them.

Board footer