Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hello TT friends,

I don't know how to start this topic.......
my mom passed away on 23rd October. 4:22pm at the hospital.
I shared about her story with some of you and I like to say thank
for all TT members who supported me and who prayed for her.

She had breast cancer and when the doctor found her cancer, he said it was too late
and she wont live for another 6month.... but she was very strong woman, she fight with
her cancer and she lived 10years after the day.
She just turn to 70years old at last march.
She was the biggest fan of my bears and she was one encourage me to
be a Teddy Bear Artist.   
I feel very sad but I know she will live in my heart forever and I should stand strong now
to continue living my life.

sorry for bringing up such sad news...
I want you all to know that I'm doing ok.

Thanks for reading my post.
hugs
Marie Okamura

Densteds Densteds
Website

My dear Marie,
Please accept my sincerest condolences, I can't imagine the deep sadness & loss you are feeling at this time but please know we are all here for you whenever you need a friend & a big hug..Your mother was a very brave woman, may she rest in peace...I will keep you in my prayers,
Please take care,
Denise.

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Oh Marie, I really wish I could be there for you - I'd love to lend you my shoulder to cry on. I won't begin to try and make out that I know how you are feeling - my mum is my best friend and thankfully she is still with me.

If your mum was a huge fan of your bears, why don't you make a really special one (out of a nice piece of high quality mohair) in memory of your mum. Perhaps you could use a few of her things to accesorise the bear? I know it's probably the last thing you're thinking about right now, but it will be a wonderful tribute to your mum that you can keep forever.

My heart is aching for you. Take care of yourself Marie. I'm sure the others will agree that anytime you need to chat, we're here for you.  :hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Oh Marie bear_cry  bear_cry I know your message must have been so hard to write.  What sadness I know you must be feeling.   I lost my dad suddenly 3 years ago and I think of him every day.  Your mom WILL live in your heart forever.  It will be such a tough time for awhile, but eventutally the sadness lessens.  For now cry , scream, whatever, as much  you need to, it is o.k. and helps to heal the pain. 

I think making a memory bear, as Gemma said, is a nice idea.  I made one from my dad's shirt and it sits in my livingroom where I can huge it when I think of him. 

I am sending you incredibly huge hugs and wish I could be there to help you throught this time.  Please feel free to email me anytime if you need to "talk".  Prayer and love to you and your family.  bear_cry

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Im so sorry to hear of your loss Marie.  My prayers go out to you and your family in this time of need.  I wish I was there to give you a hug :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jane

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Dear Marie,
I feel for you and send lots of bear hugs your way.  I lost my Mum just 12 months ago and it is a terrible loss to come to terms with.  It does get a little easier each day.

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Marie....my heart goes out to you. My mum died from breast cancer too.

I'm glad she was able to beat the original diagnosis and spend a further ten years in the company of her family. She sounds like an inspiration to all of us....

Big hugs coming your way at this difficult time  :hug:

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Marie, my deepest sympathy to you and your family.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Marie,
I am very sorry for your loss and
I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
:hug:

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oh our dear sweet Marie, I am so very sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Marie, I am so sorry to hear of your loss, your Mom must have been an incredibly strong woman to beat her original diagnosis and I agree that she is an inspiration to us all. Big hugs to you, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  Terrie

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Marie,
I am so sorry for your loss and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.  Cancer is a bad thing as I lost my dad 4 years ago to it.
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

I'm so sorry for your loss, I know your heart must be broken.
Sending hugs and prayers for you & yours..........

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Marie :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  Love never dies...it  only takes on another form.  I am sure your mom is right by your side at this very moment. bear_wub   Just believe with all your heart.

My prayers are with you.

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Oh, Marie, I am so sorry for your loss. My heart aches to think of your pain. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please remember that we're here for you, Marie, if you need anything. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

:hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Marie,
I am so sorry to hear the news about your mom.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.  Do consider making a memory bear.
Bear Hugs,
Donna

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

I know there are no words to take away the pain and loss. I extend to you my deepest sympathy and love. I pray for you and your family. I know from experience that the pain does get better, grief that seems so overwhelming today will ease.
Love Kathy

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Dear Marie: I am so sorry to hear your mother passed away. There is nothing I can say that will ease the pain you must be going through. All I know is that surrounding yourself with family and friends and the things you love can help with coping.

I love the idea of making the memory bear that others suggested. I had mink teddy bears made from my grandmothers coat (I did  not know how to sew mink back then). There was enough for three. One was given to my father (since it was his mother), one to my mother and I kept the other for myself.

Many bear hugs to you Marie

Michelle

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

my dear Marie, I am so sorry to hear your news, I can relate to how you are feeling having lost my Mum too (also to cancer) a few yeas ago.  I know that no words can really help but I just want you to know you are not on your own, I send you big comforting hugs and I am sure that your Mum is right by your side.

HUGS
Catherine
xx

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Marie,
Don't feel sorry at all for letting us know about your mom.  We're here for you.
You're in my thoughts and prayers.  :hug:

:hug:
~Chrissi

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

Marie,
I am so sorry to hear of your sad loss, breast cancer, cancer of any type is a horrid thing. Our thoughts go out to you at this sad time, hugs Kerren  :hug:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Dearest Marie,   bear_cry
I am so very sorry for you and your family.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.  Your Mom truly was and still is an inspiration.  What an incredibly strong woman to fight for so many years.  You're so very lucky to have had that extra time with her. 

Warmest and biggest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

So sorry to hear your sad news Marie - sending lots of sympathy, prayers, and hugs.

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

bear_cry Marie, I am so very sorry.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  Sending huge hugs:
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

bear_wub &  :hug:
Tracy

Board footer