Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Hi All, I have definatly been in the wars lately.
I have been laid up with a bad virus for over a week, couldn't do a thing except sleep.
I did go to the docs, as I had a badly infected ear as well.
The doc gave me some ear drops, and a few days later when I went ALMOST completley deaf I went to another doc.
He was abit stunned at the other doc giving me ear drops, and put me on antibiotics.
It's been four days since i started the anti biotics, and now I am completely deaf.
I am hopeing this is only temporary  :pray:
I had no idea on how frustrating it can be.
Hubby keeps popping up out of the blue and starteling me, then he disapears and I have no idea on how long he left the room, if he is still in the room, or he has gone out altogether.
One thing though, now at leat I can try to catch up on whats going on in the world of TT.  bear_grin
Can't hear the Telly to see whats happening in the rest of the world though  bear_sad

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awwww Chris, you poor thing.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

I've had this happen, I've always suffered terrible earaches and infections.   I went completely deaf after an infection but it did return, took a good few days, but it does!!   It's horrible at the time though, I feel for you.   Hope you're feeling much better soon.......   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Christine, I'm sorry you don't feel well.  It sounds like you're having a rough time.  I really hope you feel better soon!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Noticed you were missing in action Chris, hope you get better soon...

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Oh my ......May you be healed and your hearing return !!! I will pray for you. :pray: So sorry to hear you have been sick, hang in there bear_grin

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Chris,

I hope that you are feeling better - sorry to hear that you have not been well.
Look after yourself and take care.

Hugs
Carolyn
:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

Oh Clare, you have given me hope of returning to my normal self.
I must admit I was getting real worried, it's been four days so far of complete deafness.
And yes it is really frustrating.  bear_wacko
I had to go to the chemest for Hubbies Insulin and couldn't hear how much money I had to pay, I just shoved  all my money at the girl serving me so that she could work it out.  bear_ermm
I figure she looked pritty honest and at that stage I couldn't give a dam anyway.  bear_whistle
I did buy some books while I was out, because I don't enjoy lipreading from the TV.
I am just not with it enough to make bears at the moment still, but I did crochet a little blanket for one  bear_original
Thats all I have acomplished in two weeks  bear_sad
I started reading the book when I got home and it is really great
One Child
by
Torey Hayden.
I am a quarter way through it already  bear_grin

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, chris, that must be so frustrating not to be able to hear anything.

I am sure you' ll be better soon.

I will cross my fingers for you!

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

2Chrisgetwell.jpg

Awww thankyou for your well wishes, sure dose make me feel better in spirit if not in body  bear_grin

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Chris, get well soon :hug: , there have been some nasty viruses going around, it took me over 6 weeks to get over one this year.  So I am hoping you will be better soon, just take it easy.  :hug:

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Dear Christine: I hope you feel better soon. Let's hope your hearing returns...many prayers for you....

Bear Hugs

Michelle

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Sorry to hear you have not been feeling well, Christine. That must be just awful to lose your hearing completely like that - what have the doctors said? I would be pretty worried too but that sounds hopeful if it happened to Clare and her hearing returned - keeping my fingers crossed yours does too!

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

Chris,
Sorry to hear you have been unwell for such a long time, hopefully you are over the worst of it and are now on the road to recovery.
bear_flower
Cheers Susan

beary_clairey Luton

Chris when I have had an infection I too have lost my hearing and sometimes it can last a good few days.

Its horrible especially when they suddenly pop and decide to return to more normal sonds - so you have my sympathy!!!

At least now you can catch up with the reading on here!!!

Hope you get well soon!!! Here's a big hug for you !!! :hug:

Claire

Thankyou so much for your well wishes, it really means alot  bear_original
This is day 5 of absolutely no hearing, before that I couldn't hear much for a few days.
I am starting to get worried again  bear_sad
I am running out of anti-biotics and there is no sign of improvement.
I did try to sit with my head over a bowl of steaming Eucaliptus, but that didn't do anything except nearly chock me.
Now I am wondering how I am going to make an appointment at the docs when I can't hear what they say  bear_wacko

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Awwww Christine,

This is horrible news!!!  We are so terribly sorry for you....and naughty hubby....I can see how is popping and out without you being able to hear anything would be ever so disconcerting.

I shall hope and pray this is only temporary....but on the bright side we shall get to see some new designs from you, Right?

i hope you feel better very soon

gollyhugs and love

dilu

Board footer