Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Our store, Sunny Bears, is giving gifts to children attending a teddy bear tea here in South Florida.  The tea is part of a bigger event called Festival of Trees that supports the Ft. Lauderdale Museum of Art.  We're donating the goody bags for the kids.  The tea sold out fast.  I think there are around 100 kids and over 200 total attending. We're putting teddy bears, a TBF magazine (thanks to them for donating them), sheet about the history of the teddy bear, some candy, a store coupon.  We also want to put a sheet about why you should collect teddy bears.  I'm hoping to spark some interest in collecting and hopefully get some of these people to collect.  Has anyone written anything about why you should collect that we could use?  Of course, I would give you credit and include any information about yourself that you would like me to.  I'm looking for some help.   bear_original

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I collect Teddys because having them around is like having old friends around.  They are very comforting.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, I might be able to come up with a few reasons!

Teddy bears love unconditionally, listen without interupting, don't give your secrets away, will always dry your tears, never eat your chocolate and are always ready to give you hug! Who wouldn't want to be surrounded by such wonderful friends? bear_original

Teddies are timeless. For over one hundred years people have been collecting teddy bears. No matter the age they are a wonderful gift. No matter the age, they are a wonderful thing to collect. They'll never, ever go out of style!

All teddies are special but a handmade teddy is given extra special attention! Many are made with heirloom quality materials such as mohair, many have joints making it easy to pose them or give them hugs. They have eyes that sparkle and noses stitched just so. Time is spent on achieving that special face with just the right look that says "I need a hug, I need a home!" Most all are one of a kind. Some are happy, some sad, some colorful, some not. Some are big, some are small. But tender love and care fill them all!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Teddies never ever ever tell your secrets.  You girlfriends will but your teddy wont!

When you collect teddies you have a little piece of love from the person who made the bear, and that love lasts forever within your bear.  It is a specail magical love, because it has the ability to forgive all, accept all and never let you down

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Because we all need the kid inside us to come out and that is what teddy bears do! You don't have to have a large collect to feel the warmth that it brings and you can share them with your loved ones some day.  It makes me feel like a kid again.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

You could just quote the Teddy artists :

Collecting teddy bears is as much fun as picking out a puppy.That search for that very special friend , that face, that smile, that loveable companion that will always be there for you.They take you to a happy place where nothing can hurt you or scare you. A friend you can cry with and laugh with. And best of all , many years form now you can lovingly pass your teddy on to some one who you truly love to enjoy him all over again.

Jodi Falk

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

thank you!   bear_original

Board footer