Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

0000000.jpg00000.jpgNow the weather is getting bad I am having to start taking photo's of my bears inside.I have bought a light box , but can't seem to get the lighting right.My bears always look the wrong colour. Does anyone know the best lights to use to shine through the box.Help it's driving me nuts bear_wacko
Here are two photo's .one outside (which is how I usally take them) and one in my light box.

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hi Chloe   bear_wub

I use a photo editing prograame which is a great help, I don't use a light tent at all, but only really because I haven't got room and/or I'd be too lazy to keep getting it out and put away!!   bear_whistle

I found this really interesting thread started by Shelli about photography, hope it helps a bit!!   :hug:  :hug:

http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=2701

Beautiful bear by the way......   bear_wub

somerset

Thanks Clare, yes that really was very helpfull, thankyou for looking it up for me. I guess i'm gonna have to keep up with my photoshop lessons.There is still so much to learn.AHHHHH.BIG  :hug:  :hug:  TO YOU.XX

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Chloe,  make sure your camera is set for the type of lighting you're using.  Your camera should have a "white balance" setting with flourescent, tungsten, outside etc.  It kind of looks like the white balance is off a little in the first picture.

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Chloe, I just LOVE that bear in the picture you posted bear_wub   Who is she?

AndreaM

Dilu Posts: 8,574

And some of us use a wide variety of different typws of lights, like eveyone in the house,.

OK silliness aside, what I mean is cool light which is kind of bluish, warm light  like incadescent bulbs, The old fashioned ones we used to have....and the kind of light which claims to be full spectrum, like OTT lights....and then there are the shop lights.....

gllyhugs

I hate not being able to do the piccys outside....

dilu

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Yep, white balance should sort things out...I often find on white bears that i need to edit the colours in photoshop too to get rid of the creamy hue....and the only other tip is that maybe your background needs to be a different colour?  White is a hard colour to photograph bear_sad

somerset

Thankyou guys, I will take a look at my camera and see if I can change it.My camera does so much more than what I use it for, gonna have to find out the camera book and see what I can do. Oh and the bear is Flower she is on my web site.
Thanks again everyone. :hug:

Board footer