Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Donna A Brandon Bears
Fort Worth Texas

Hi All,
I'm trying to locate a 18" inch old antique style ted pattern.  One with long arms, skinney wrists & ankles. long muzzle.
I have a childs old wood sled that calls out for a old bear. Perhaps wearing some old RED long johns and stocking cap.

Thanks,
Donna A

purelyneysa Purely Neysa
Indiana, PA
Website

Donna, check out my patterns and books on my site. Neysa

Donna A Brandon Bears
Fort Worth Texas

Thank you Neysa,

I am soo sorry to hear your going out of business. I've spoken to you  at several  bear shows .
First time we met we stories about our cats, how Siamese and my Tonknese love to steal mohair, especially bear limbs that
have been sew up !... they drive us crazy gettin into trouble in the bear workroom. You talked me into purchasing your book Whimsical bears. Neysa, this book had been such an influence to me. Not only the patterns but the design HOW TO section.
They taught me how to make fun, quality bears. And not to be afraid to experiment outside of the "BOX".
Since meeting you I have purchased several of your patterns, both books, AND both of Celia Bahams books recommended
on your site.
I've been making mini AND large mohair artist bears since 2000.  Check out my web site...you should recognize someone !www.BrandonBears.net.
Yesterday I took the plunge and listed my first bear on ebay !...ITEM:  280055178255 A mini Thread crochet bear.
I have a question:   Can I sell bears on ebay that I have made from your patterns ?   Stating in the auction:
Made from 1" brown German mohair. Pattern by : Neysa Phillipi. 
I certainly understand if you say No. The patterns ARE copyrighted and a LOT of work went into making them YOURS.

Thank you Neysa, for making a difference in the bear world.  YOU will be terribly missed.
Its going to take a BIG bear to fill your shoes.
Donna A.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Donna, you might also look here for a pattern: http://www.edinburghimports.com/shoppin … sp?234L=18

And here for info on Copyright http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=4143 Though Neysa may have her own policy regarding using HER patterns there are specific laws on Copyright. We've talked it about here in the past, always good for a reminder though! It's a confussing issue for many though the facts ae black and white.

:hug:

purelyneysa Purely Neysa
Indiana, PA
Website

Donna,   

Yes my patterns are copyrighted. BUT if you or anyone asks me if they can use them that's another story. 

Asking like you did Donna will get you everywhere with me. Yes use my patterns, I would appreciate credit for the design... "Design by Neysa A. Phillippi of Purely Neysa" made by Donna... would be fabulous!!! Ask and you shall receive! 

Why publish a pattern if not to have someone make them. Making them for sale or resale without permission is against the copyrights laws.

Please make mine and enjoy... credit for me too is great!

I will still be around but not making bears. If all goes well and the economy comes back... like in 2 or more years I'll be back.

Check out my site everything is on sale... no reasonable offer refused. Some things I have for sale are not on my site. Email for more information.

Neysa

Board footer