Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

I'm wondering where those beautiful  sparkley eyes come from that I see some of you using?

Can you purchace them somewhere?  Or do you make your own?  How is this done?

They are quite hypnotic!  I would love to orer some of learn how to make them bear_wub

Thanks,

AndreaM bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi, Andrea . . . look right above the posting area on this page and you will see the 'library'.  Click on the drop-down menu and look for "eyes".  That thread contains a a wealth of information.

K Pawz Guest

Hand painted clear glass eyes....for mine I use nail polish!!

Hugs,
Krista

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=203

..I just bought my first sets of clear eyes from Intercal to try this technique out on---they sent my package out to me super fast, and I love the little eyes.  Am so looking forward to painting on the nail polish...I can't WAIT!!!

Amelia

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Sparkly nail polish on clear glass eyes (I always seal the back of mine with lacquer before I use them after they have been painted)

Dilu Posts: 8,574

You can layer the colors and scratch of part of each layer so that the different layers show through too

You gotta try this

it is so fun!

dilu

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA
Dilu wrote:

You can layer the colors and scratch of part of each layer so that the different layers show through too

You gotta try this

it is so fun!

dilu

YEP!!! thats the way to do it, aye Dilu?  bear_thumb

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

I can't wait to try it! :dance:
It seems so simple really.  Why do I think everything has to be so difficult bear_ermm ?

It's a good thing I haven't thrown away any of my metalic nail polish bear_grin
I'm going to order a good stock of clear eyes tomorrow.
Thanks you every one, these hugs are for you :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

AndreaM bear_original

WA

OK heres another tip: with green glass or blue glass eyes, I painted glitter on the back. bear_thumb

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

I've used the colored eyes and painted glitter nail polish on them as well and it works wonderfully!!

Jane

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

That's a great idea too.  I just happen to have a few pairs of blue glass eyes.......I'll have to give it a go this afternoon!

Thanks again bear_original

AndreaM

WA

Andrea, the best thing is, if you dont like it you can clean the polish straight off. Then start again bear_grin
bear_thumb

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Thanks Wendy,
It's good to know I can screw it up AND fix it! :crackup:
I didn't get to try it today but probably this weekend......I hope,  life just keeps getting in the way of my bear making....sigh, what's a girl to do? bear_grin

Board footer