Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Jana Posts: 23

Hello Everyone
I am working on a bear for my sons Fiance'.  Her mother passed away in June and this bear is made from a wool blend Jacket.  She had no fur or other nice fabric.   I have made several fur bears,........and now I am trying to make this wool blend (fur-less bear) and the face looks like a rat.   :doh:   I almost need a  "fatter" looking face.  The nose on this one looks too long and thin.    Does anyone have a rounder head pattern that may fit a 16" bear?  I am no designer here either......      I am in time constraints here.........We are trying for Christmas on this bear and this is very important to my son....  Thanks everyone.
Jana

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Jana,
Try this one. It is for a 16 inch bear. I have used it before for bears made of smooth fabrics. Print it out at 100%. The link to the gusset is
http://mysite.verizon.net/res0lbpq/site … gusset.jpg
and the link to the side head is
http://mysite.verizon.net/res0lbpq/site … dehead.jpg

When the picture comes up for the gusset, click the little arrows in the upper left corner to expand the picture full size, then RIGHT click on it and save it to your hard diskj to print. Do the same to the side head piece, except I don't think you will have to expand it.
Sonya

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Here's an idea... (and what I would do)
Make a nice bear out of mohair and use the fabric from the coat to dress the bear.

I had a gal at work ask me to make a 3 bears out one of her mother's dresses. I explained that over time that the dress material would not hold up and take the pressure that the stuffing would put on it.  Plus, the bears would not have been as nice looking. What I did was make a set of 3 lovely little bears out of synthetic and then mom made 3 dresses out of the one dress. They still got the bears, much nicer bears, and a keep sake of mom.  The gal was thrilled with the bears and was excited to see them dressed in mom's old dress. She about got tears in her eyes.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

I think Jared has a brillant idea....

Michelle

Board footer