Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Here's my needlefelted Buster.  He's 5 inches long and 2 inches high.  Whoops, I realized he belonged in the needlefelting section.

Buster_small.JPGBuster_small_3.JPG

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Patty,
Buster is awesome!!!
Hugs &

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I reckon he's rather cute aye?  I am rather interested in what the fibre looked like before the felting.
I've seen so many different types all seeming to be prepared in different ways, or it could be prepare the same and  gettiing different results. Hummm?......

sarahjane Brisbane

Patty he is adorable!!!!....I must try this needlefelting thing!!!  bear_original

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Buster's Wonderful, Patty!

Wendy, that's a good suggestion; perhaps we should post an accompanying phot of the fiber before beginning. I'm game and will remember to do it.

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

three-tenors.jpgno....he doesn't belong in the needlefelting section - he belongs in my house along with my three other Boston Terrorists!
He is lovely.
Marion

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Patty, he is adorable!!

Penn Valley, CA

Thankyou all, your comments are soooo encouraging to me.
Marion, I just love your doggies.  Bostons are the best.  0011aabuster_boy_for_productions_WinCE.jpg

This is what I used for Buster.  Since I'm new to needlefelting, I'm afraid I don't know that much about the different fibers.  I can't wait for Bobbie to publish her book because I want to know.  The white is just core wool and the black is kind of matte looking roving.  I have a drawer full of fiber that I've purchased from different places and I'm not sure what they are, to tell the truth.  Bad, huh?

buster_fiber.JPG

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Very cute!!!  bear_thumb

WA

The "core wool" is white stuffing. The black I cant make out properly but I guess it to be a carded sliver.

I was only asking out of sheer curiosity. Different fibre types give different results.

So for those that think they arent very good at needle felting. It just maybe the fibre you are using , not your talent.  bear_thumb

Thanks Patty bear_thumb

WA

I'm glad you think it a good idea Bobbie. I thought it could be good in the learning process of needle felting.
The more people know, the more likely that Needle felting wont be just a fad.

Wendy bear_thumb

Kathleen Pa

Patty , he is soooooooooo cute.   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Kathleen

Penn Valley, CA

Wendy,

The white is the Wool batt that comes from the needlefelting section of Edinburgh.    They recommend using it as the core and covering it with the died wool for coloring, which is what I did with the black.   I don't think that is the same as white stuffing.  I couldn't afford to stuff my bears with it.  It's almost $1 per ounce.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

lovely work Patty, your work has come along fabulously, well done.  :clap:

Board footer