Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_cry I had to have my beloved collie cross Lucy put down last night.  bear_cry

Two days ago she was trotting beside me though the park, but she failed very fast. When she couldn't stand at all, and began to whimper, we knew it was time.

I've lost a great-hearted and loving companion, and I can't yet believe she's gone!

I know I was lucky to have her with me so long, almost 16 years of hairy hugs and sloppy dog kisses.

Sit terra tibi levis, beloved girl.

IMG_0186a.JPG

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Eileen, how terribly sad, and hard for you.  I am so sorry.  Even when you know its the right thing the pain is still just as painful and the hole in your heart is still there.  big sad hugs honey, I am sorry for your loss of Lucy.  And what a sweetheart she looks to haveb een....loving eyes.....

gollyhugs

dilu

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Eileen :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: So sorry to hear this...Lucy must have been such a wonderful pet...what a blessing for Lucy to have a wonderful 2 legger to love her!!!
Hugs &

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Eileen,
I feel for you so much! It is so hard to lose one of our beloved loyal family members. Keep remembering those sloppy klisses... they will get you through this.
Hugs
Sonya

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Oh it is so hard to lose our four legged furry family members.  It does get easier just hang in there and be thankful that you had her for so long.  It is very hard to let go of our beloved companions.

Jane

Jane D. Teddies to Treasure
Midland, Ontario

I'm so sorry for your loss Eileen but bless you for your courage in deciding that the time was right to let her go.I know that she thanks you from the depths of her heart for not letting her suffer.What wonderful memories you will have! :hug: from Jane D.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Eileen,
     I'm so sorry you have lost your Lucy - she looks like she was such a wonderful fur baby.  I know you must miss her, but you will soon remember all the fab times you had with her, with a smile.  Sending warm thoughts and hugs your way.

hugs,

Brenda

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

How utterly heartwrenching  bear_cry   Its just not fair that our four legged friends don't live as long as we do.   :hug:  Sending along virtual tissues and massive hugs  :hug:

Kathleen Pa

I'm so sorry for your loss of your doggie.  It truly is losing one of your family especially after sixteen years!!!.   Sending you a big bear hug.

Kathleen

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm so sorry, Eileen.  It's terrible to lose a beloved pet and no less difficult than the loss of a family member, friend, or even a relationship.  It just really hurts so deeply.  I'm glad you enjoyed her company so fully, for so long.  Hugs to you, friend!

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

I'm so sorry for the loss of your fur baby! Glad you had 16 wonderful years together!
I know the pain you are feeling. It is hard, it just takes time.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I'm so sorry.  Losing someone dear to us hurts.  Hugs and prayers,  Jennifer

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

I am so sorry to hear of your beloved dog Lucy, Eileen.
It is never easy to have to say goodbye to a best friend who has been part of your family life for so long.
My heartfelt love and hugs are going your way.

Hugs
Carolyn
:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

Celena Oxford

Eileen, I am so sorry to hear about Lucy  bear_cry Hugs and take care  :hug:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

:hug:   I am so sorry.  She had a wonderful life, and I am sure you were the perfect owner and best friend to her.  You'll have wonderful memories to treasure.
Danni

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

So Sorry Eileen to hear of the passing of your beloved pet Lucy. Having lost 3 dogs I know how much your heart is breaking and how long you will shed tears. Try to remember the wonderful memories you have of her and take comfort in the fact that she is in a place where there is no pain or illness and she will forever live in your heart
Hugs
Gail :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Eileen I am so sorry to hear of the lose of your beloved Lucy... It is hard to deal with the lose of any friend ...sending  hugss :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

:hug: So sorry for your loss. bear_cry  :hug:

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Oh Eileen, I am getting teary too.  It is so sad when our animals pass on as they always give love unconditionally.   Our dog is 16 years also and we are dreading the day when her time comes.

Lots of hugs coming your way...

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Oh Eileen how heartbreaking for you. I am so sorry to hear your beloved Lucy passed away. There is a wonderful poem that comes to mind. Author is unknown. Here it is:

Rainbow Bridge:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

OH Eileen I am sooooo sorry :hug:  :hug:  :hug: Hang in there possum :hug:  :hug:

sarahjane Brisbane

Eileen I am so sorry to here this, it is never easy to lose a loved pet.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh Eileen sweetheart my heart goes out to you. God bless darling Lucy, I know just how much you will miss your beautiful furry friend. Many hugs and cuddles to you Eileen.
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Lots of tearful hugs coming to you. Jane.  :hug:

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Eileen, I am so sorry to hear about Lucy, our pets are so much a part of our lives its so hard to lose one, even though you know you did the right thing.

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

SOOOOOO Sorry to hear your sad news.here are lots of hugs for you. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer