Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Pages:
Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Happy New year everyone!! I have a question ..an idea?? Here it goes. I know that there are great T-shirt for our group but, I was thinking ...What about a pin? I had the idea because I am , God willing, going to the San Diego show and I am hoping I will meet some of you there. I am sooooooooooooo bad about faces and even ( what can I say? ) names, that I am planing to print the Teddy-Talk logo ( hope it is Ok with the sponsors? ) and laminate it, put a pin in the back and wear it proudly !! That way I am telling to the world, I am a member of TT!! Then I thought that it will be good if it was a real pin, like the ones we get from conventions .
What everybody thinks? I want to hear from the sponsor too.
Bear hugs and Golly smiles.
Gladys bear_flower

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Cool idea! Now where do we get it made???

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Lovely idea Gladys.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

That is a great idea.When I went to hugglets last sept I missed so many people I wanted to meet.A pin would be great. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Great!! :clap:  :clap:  Thank you everyone. Daphne you are right, for the people at  intercal  probably will be easy to do something with the idea.  The t-shirts are fun but the button or pin, we could wear with any kind of outfit, to every show we go!!
Bear hugs.
Gladys
bear_flower

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA
SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Well Gladys, just to make sure you don't miss me this time, I am going to make one and wear it as well. In fact, since the show is coming up really quick, if you want, I will steal TT's logo and open it in Photshop and make something up that will be small but noticable and post it here so anyone who wants can print and laminate it to use in the short term. Will have it done by morning.. Great idea!
Hugs
Sonya

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Well Sonya that is a good idea! The show is coming soon !! Maybe we should go ahead and do that and then, later on, we could get some kind of official button from TT/ Intercal. bear_thumb  What everybody thinks about this?
Hugs.
Gladys

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

I love the idea of a pin - hope it works out.

hugs,

Brenda

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I would buy one and wear it with pride. Every show I go to I wear a homemade Teddy Talk badge, as some of you who have met me will remember. Also when I take photographs at shows to put on Teddy Talk I show them my badge and tell them about Teddy Talk and explain that I would like to use the Photographs on Teddy Talk, It's free advertising for both Teddy Talk and the people whos pictures I use.
I would love a real pin!

Hugs Jane.

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Hi Gladys,
I think it is a great idea.  I will be at the San Diego show.  I am in the middle of a remodle and don't have much time for anything but paint, lay flooring, hang drywall, you get the idea. 
Sonya,
That would be great if you could do up the logo.  I might have time to print it out and laminate before I leave on Thurs.
Thanks,
Donna

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

wELL i DIDN'T HAVE AS MUCH LUCK "DOING UP THE LOGO" AS i DIDN'T HAVE HIGH RESOLUTION IMAGES OF THE LOGO TO WORK WITH. bUT i DID RESIZE ONE TO 2 1/2" wide that prints okay. I colorized part of it to make it a little more noticable without losing the "earthiness" of the original. Anyway. If you print it to scale it will be 2.5" x0.85". Then laminate it. If you leave the top border of the laminate about a quarter of an inch long after trimming it down averywhere else, you can punch two tiny holes in the top and use a pin to attach it. Anyway, it's not great but it works for this show coming up. Donna, I am printing about 10 of them if you want me to just bring one to you.
Also, this is scalled at 300 dpi and is 2.5 by .85 inches. That is why it doesn't look so great here, but it prints sorta kinda okay :crackup:
ttpin.jpg
Sonya

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

OK.. now here is a picture of the finished pins I did.. I only put pins on a couple to show how they would go. After laminating, I used a punch to round the corners. They look a lot better printed than the image above does. :crackup:
tt-pins.jpg
Sonya

beary_clairey Luton

Its a great idea!!!

Hugs

Claire

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Sonya you images are great! I like how yours look better than mines. I had already done mine when I did talk about it in here. I used the logo that is use to have a link to TT on sites. I made a couple of sizes and I think I like better the small one. You guys can get an idea of the size better in the picture with my "lovely" hand in it . I used instant glue on the small one and regular in the big one ( to see wihich one hold better..You never know with glues!! ) I had to go over the letters on the top, just a little bit. I was thinking that for the members that do not have a laminating machine, they can print it on glossy, ( for pictures ) paper and it would look nice and will be  stronger. On mines I used  business cards paper  and  before I laminate it, I fold it 3 times to make it thicker.
Ok...Let me know what do think about them. I will like to see if another members are going to make theirs too.
Bear hugs and Golly smiles. bear_flower
Gladys000_1055.jpg000_1056.jpg000_1057.jpg

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_thumb  bear_thumb Nice one Gladys!!  bear_happy

Hugs Lyn

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

I was thinking that for the members that do not have a laminating machine,

For quickie laminating I've used the pkg sealing tape in my tape gun. It's 2" wide and a strip on each side is usually enough, though I have on occasion taped 2 layers on each side.

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Thanks my friend bear_wub
Love your bears!!!! Good work bear_thumb
I better get off and do some ...WORK!!!
Bear hugs
Gladys bear_flower

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Good idea too Bobbie! bear_thumb  It will protect it !
I wish you and everybody will be going to the San Diego show!!
Bear hugs.
Gladys bear_flower

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

They look great Gladys! I kept looking at mine and kept telling myself that I could do better than what I did. So I actually made some pinback buttons.... sort of.. What I did was took some pinback buttons I had setting around here, then painted the fronts with acrylic paint, then sprayed it with sealer. Then after I designed a pin in a round shape.. I printed several sizes on sticker paper. I cut each one out and stuck it on the front of the pin. Then I coated it with modge podge to seal it and give it a "primitive " look. Then after that was dry, I cut circle the correct size out of self laminate sheets and put that over the dried modge podge. It keeps it from getting sticky and it protects it. I did 3 of them. Donna and Gladys, I will bring you each one of them. My treat!
Hope you like them. I think they turned  out really cute.
IMG_0029.jpg
IMG_0030.jpg

Hugs, Sonya
IMG_0031.jpg

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Sonya,  they look brilliant!  It would have helped me to identify Gail and Kathleen at the Toronto Show.  I hope the idea catches on.

hugs,

Brenda

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

WOW! Sonya they are GREAT!! bear_thumb  For sure I want one!! Thanks!! You are supper!
Have a wonderful weekend.
BIG bear hugs and wide Golly smiles.
Gladys bear_flower

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I think a pin is a great idea !!!! I would like one also if something gets started.

NewelleyBears Newelley.Bears
Harrow, Ontario

I was visiting The Teddy Bear Abbey yesterday and Bob Ross gave me the link to a website that his wife Cheryl of Cherbears uses to make medallions for around her bears necks.  I thought it would be great to maybe have them make up the pins for us as they do wonderful work and their pins/medallions are of the best quality.  The pins could be made by this company and sold online like the TT t-shirts.  I am sure we would probably have to get permission from the copyright owner first though before we use the logo?  The website is : www.mrpinman.com .  They are a company based out of Alberta, Canada.

Thanks
Jeremy

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Jeremy, good idea. I am interested in one . So don't leave me out if it goes down !!!! bear_grin

Pages:

Board footer