Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

puca bears puca bears

Jodi
that has got to be the worst story ever - unbelievably MEAN!!!
Not just out and out theft, but criminal damage - makes my blood boil, so I can't imagine how you must have felt!!!!!
huggies
Maria

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Hi Kim. I'm so sorry to hear that you have had this trouble and agree that your bear is by far the cutest and looks so much better in terms of quality than the other. There is no question that the other is modeled after yours especially since she has contacted you, you know for sure that she has seen your style and must really feel your bears are what she wants to aspire towards as an artist. No wonder , your bears are unique and very eye catching  bear_wub   bear_wub
    I'm afraid that I have been unable to keep up with all the TT topics and hardly even have time to post let alone work on my bears. I do manage to get one done every few months and had started adding something to my bears in the last six months that I had worked hard to develope. I know that no technique or look can ever belong solely to one artist as people get new ideas all the time. I do try very hard not to make bears that look like anyone elses which I admit is very hard because everyone likes certain looks and styles more than others. I guess if someone felt I was making bears that looked to much like someone elses, I would want the person to contact me privately to express their concern. At the same time, I am now a bit unsure about how I feel as I have been seeing bears on ebay with a very similar technique as the one I had hoped was something that I developed on my own. I don't believe that I am the only person who could ever use this particular touch but my worry is that I may be the one who gets accused of copying because I don't list regularly enough and who knows if people ever even see the few bears I do list. Sorry for the big ramble but I guess it's terrible to be on both sides , I don't want to be accused of copying but at the same time , I don't want to be copied, it really seems to be a difficult area all around. bear_sad

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Awww Kimmy,

I looked quite closely at hers and yours.  and yes it appears there was some direct copying being done

BUT

She missed something crucial-

PERSONALITY

Yes, the eyes and paws are almost the same, but that little essence is missing....

Even the hubs could tell the difference and liked the "purple guy"much better, its the persoanlity in the face, the surprised slightly wako expression

You have come into your own, honey, and for those of us who have watched you over the last year, it has been charming and exciting to see your development.  I would say you are and artist now, keep up the great work and the innovations....they can copy all they want but they can't get the YOU that your bears have!

gollyhugs   :hug:

dilu

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Thank you girls so much! I really appreciate your kind words and thoughts!  I decided to not say anything unless I see another bear that looks like mine!

Dilly, you have to be the sweetest person alive!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: (you brought a tear to my eye!)

Board footer