Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

antoinetterh Seabrook Texas

O.k., so I'm new here and to the bear making world, and I want to give it a shot at trying to make my own bears. I want to know what stores I could go to find all the things I need to start. I tried looking online to find local stores that I've heard of in other topics, and it seems that we dont have those stores in my area. The craft stores around here are Michaels and Hobby Lobby. Will those do, or do I have to order every single thing online? I live in Seabrook Texas. So if any can help me, I would appreciate it! Thanks!! bear_laugh

StarHawk2003 VallierBears
Shropshire

Hello Antoinetterh,

Welcome to TT. Online is where I get almost all my things. It's a another world at your finger tips and you can get what you need and the right thing for the job while sitting down and browsing fabulous sites. For a long time I searched my local shops to find bear making supplies. You usually end up with things that you can use but there are better out there. The only things I buy from my local shops are thread and needles. Even then it can be a game to find the colours you want or the size needle you need!

I would say shop online, You can find everything for bear making!

Good luck and keep posting! Pictures are adored around here ;)

Richy~

lulubears Posts: 280

Hi Antoinett.  Seabrook is such a nice place to live.  I just love it there!  I live in Austin, but do make it over your way occasionally.  Unfortunately, you won't be finding too many bear supplies ANYWHERE at the local stores in your area.  You may be able to find some of the joint sets for larger size bears at Hobby Lobby, but not much else.  On occasion you can can find the plastic pellets at Hobby Lobby or even some Wal-Marts.  Mohair, glass eyes, etc., are going to be almost impossible to locate locally and you will have to probably purchase just about everything online.  I do sell bear-making supplies, and have just about everything you could imagine, but again, it would be through the mail.

There is a doll show in your area in March that I may have a table at, and I'll be bringing supplies with me if I can work out the scheduling.  I'd be happy to offer you any help that I can.  You can e-mail me privately and I can give you more info if you'd like.

There are also quite a few bear-makers in your area, though they are in the same boat you are as far as supplies are concerned.

Luann

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hello Antoinetterh, welcome to TT.  :hug:
I live far far from you and don't have any information of
your local store but I also order almost everything by online plus
from overseas. bear_wacko  I like Luann's idea only  if you can wait until March.  bear_tongue  Show is very exiting place not only to see great Artist bears,
you have a chance to see all the bear making supplies too.
I bet Austin Bear show is huge one.  bear_thumb

Good luck for your bear-supply-shopping
and please don't forget to show-off your bear
when you complete !!  bear_flower

hug
Marie

Board footer