Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

lucydoll-copy.jpgI am not sure how to get my stuff out there. I don't have a website or blog. I do have this on ebay right now. Maybe I priced it too high. I am not sure what people are looking for. These creatures take HOURS to make and I would rather keep my stuff than sell it for $10. I do have something on etsy and I am still not sure if that is a good place or not. Any hints? Or maybe I just suck at this.  bear_cry

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Hey, stop being that pessimistic please!
First this anime bear is a cutie pie. and believe me, i do mean it. And I am not easy to get attracted by an anime bear, as they are not my fav...

Could you give us the link to that cutie bear please?

Now, to help you sell your critters, you can post them in the "Teddy Bears and Friends" thread where are posted all bears for sale from TT members.
Then, eBay can sometimes be a great place for sale, but can be very frustrating too. do not be discouraged by eBay!
Other possibilities can be the Teddy Bear Patch and Bid4Bears, which are two other auction places to sell bears.
Other possibility is Bear Pile. To be able to post there, you have to pay monthly fees, so you have to see whether it worths for you or not. If you make a few bears a month, and if you can afford it, go for it as bears usually sell well on Bear Pile according to what eveyone say on this forum. I don't use it myself as I make too few bears!!!

If you want to try making your own website for free, you can try Freewebs. I used it myself but paid to get rid of adverts!

Please show us more piccies of your bears. I look forward to see more!

This one is soooooo cute!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

Thanks Sophie, that's what I needed to hear. I also updated my profile so my ebay link is in there.

My husband said I was being impatient and it takes awhile for people to see your work and that it is consistent. I don't have a main style as I love the traditional bear style too. I am currently working on a traditional miniature jointed bear and will post that when I am done.

I guess I need to be positive and stay networked. I told my husband I wanted to start a blog. He says, "Does that mean you will do even less housework?" We had a good laugh because we know its true. My husband is a totally good guy. Works overtime so i can be home with the kids. And he supports my crafts.

K P Bear K P Bear
Lewiston

I agree with all that Sophie has said. I love Bearpile and have done very well over the years. I love your littel girl she is sooo sweet. Keep your chin up it will happen but it will take a bit of time.
Lena 02.gif

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

OK Princess I just saw your wee Anime on ebay. Looking good. I hope you do really well with her.
Clever concept. She is a real cutie.
As for info there is heaps of stuff here on TT. have yourself a browse. Hangout and generally chat with everyone.
The amount of info stored here is phenomanol. Make the most of it.  bear_thumb
We all have had our own firsts. First ebay sale, first competion, first swap, first publication, ...........etc........
There is always something that is new to all of us.  Just keep asking lots of questions even when you think that you must be annoying people. Just keep on asking. And when you find out something new or something  you find of interest tell us all about it.  Thats the way it is on TT. friendly and simple.
I wish you all the best in your creativity. and hope to meet you again real soon. bear_thumb
Wendy

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I saw your adorable bear on ebay!!! I would say to do a lower starting bid with a RESERVE of what you want to get in the end, at least it will bring attention to your bear if you don't reach reserve (at least you will have bidding)... That is what happened to my last bear, reached $31.30 without reaching resereve so I put it in my store and sold it a buy it now for my reserve and not only was he sold but he had other people who were disappointed that they didnt get there first!

I would say to keep doing what you are doing bear_original It is hard to get started on ebay and in order to keep prices going up, you need to constantly have new bears ... this is my new years resolution! LOL 

Good luck, girl! Love your bear (just can't afford it!)

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Nimblenot...(don't know your real name)...there's some great advice already posted but if I may add just a few words....your bear is one fo the nicest needle felted bears I have seen.  It takes time to get noticed and YOU are your best promoter.  Advertising is a great way to start along with auction sites.

Submit good quality 300dpi photos to magazine editors along with some interessing facts about yourself and your work.  Be patient, persistent, and most of all never give up on yourself.

You have something very good here :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

After I listed I had thought that maybe I should have done a reserve to at least get a bite. You guys are so kind and I appreciate the advice. I am a total novice at the selling part. People ask me all the time if I sell my stuff and I usually reply with, "Uhh, I never thought about it. But maybe I should."  I have another bear ready to go and I will use every scrap of advice y'all are giving me for the next one.

ThankyouThankYouThankYou!!!
-Jennifer

P.S. Kim...Your stuff is out of this world cute. I saw your bear on ebay after I listed mine and thought I should have listed mine that way. Also thought, "hers is cuter than mine, no wonder mine has no bids." bear_wub lol!

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

Jennifer     ...

hard to say :"Cuter than mine" is what gets the bids.   The saying about beauty is in the eye of the beholder rings true with bears and dolls too.   Everybody is looking for something different.  There is prolly a buyer out there for each and every litle guy we make.   However, having said that...they are not all "out there" at the same time, the bozoes (is that a word? .. and sp??/ )... anyway you get my drift.....

I tried only 2 needle felts and figured if Norm (used to be Starbearies Studie) could do it ...so could I and sill me began them at $1..no reserve.  Big mistake...  ...even if I figured my little babies were very cute... (which they were) they sold for only $12 and $8 and I was devastated.  Sigh.... now I sell them locally and by word of mouth and from my picturetrail site.  Picturetrail is a good place to store pics and it is free up to a certain number.. I forget what that number is now.   I am not all that prolific anyway and my house isn't over run....yet.  Besides, I still have trouble letting most of them go..... I like my own little guys.   

If I do ebay again..I, too, would place a reserve and if it doesn't get there.... so be it.  Sell it later.  Don't give your little creations away.   Right now.. anime is pretty popular too...so... it, along with traditional, is a good way to go.

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website
bumblebearies wrote:

I tried only 2 needle felts and figured if Norm (used to be Starbearies Studie) could do it ...so could I and sill me began them at $1..no reserve.  Big mistake...  ...even if I figured my little babies were very cute... (which they were) they sold for only $12 and $8 and I was devastated.

Yea, I've seen Norm's stuff. He's been doing it a long time. He is brave to list them at a buck. I couldn't do it. I am just going to keep plugging away and try all the avenues. And yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We all like sumpin' different and theres a bear flavor out there for everybody. I can't wait to try a traditional. Starting seems to be the hardest part!!! Oh the fear!  bear_cry lol.

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

I haven't seen Norm posting since last Fall. Have I missed it or has he forgone bears and back to smoking. Say it isn't so!

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario
rkr4cds wrote:

I haven't seen Norm posting since last Fall. Have I missed it or has he forgone bears and back to smoking. Say it isn't so!

Not sure what has happened to him Bobbie, I know that he and Kim have seperated but don't know anything more than that.  Perhaps he is still making them but just not selling them at the moment.

hugs

Shane

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Oh, that probably explains it. Thx Shane!

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

Well, whaddya know... I sold my bear. bear_thumb

And y'all are right, it's inspiring and addictive.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Aww, Jennifer, I am touched by what you said about my bear!  :redface: I think yours is adorable! by the way, don't give up hope, see, you got the cutie to sell!  :dance:  :dance:

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

Hey Kim, I took your advice and did the "Reserve" on ebay for my current listing. Thought I'd give it a whirl. I also cut my time back to 5 days. I mean, do I really need 10 days for an auction?  bear_whistle

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hi Jennifer and contrats!!!

Regarding the long auction.... when you used to do 10days.....as you mentioned bear_original  I know when I am looking as a collector.... 10 days is too long for me to wait.... and I'll find something else I want to bid on while I'm waiting for a longer auction to end.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Congrats on your sale Jenniefer :clap:  :clap:  :clap: 

I agree Laura.  Ten days is a long time to wait for an auction to end, ...however, I like it because it keeps my auction in the public longer and betters the chances for more people to see what I have...it also buys me time to get the next bear ready.     bear_laugh I like doing the ten day auctions... but just hate waiting for them! bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

Board footer