Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

cbearlover Teddies by Connie
Nevada City

To All Teddy Bear Artists

Nevada City Ca Teddy Bear Convention, April 13-15, 2007 is coming up soon.

Our 24th year, nested in Sierra Foothills where are the teddy bears artists come to show and have their bears adopted.

If you have never done  this show, you still have time to sign up.

Please email me and i will be happy to send you an application.

Fun show and a fun weekend with all your friend.

Connie Alexander
Teddies By Connie
Nevada City :hug:
bear_flower

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I just spoke with Charles Woods, the DELIGHTFUL Bear in Charge, today -- he phoned me because I AM A PROCRASTINATOR -- to confirm my space for 2007.

It's a GRRrrreat show, folks, in a beautiful venue, in a charming town, not so far from Reno (if your significant other is into that kind of thing and it will make the trip more palatable.)  Give it a whirl!

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY
Shelli wrote:

It's a GRRrrreat show, folks, in a beautiful venue, in a charming town, not so far from Reno (if your significant other is into that kind of thing

If your significant other is into... divorce? 

I apologize in advance, but that's the only thing I know Reno to be associated with!    bear_laugh

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
Kelly

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

HA!   :crackup:   No, silly rabbit... gambling!!!  Not my thing -- I lose every cent, every time, and only play, like, the nickel slots every five years or so -- but some people find it a very worthy trip indeed.

It's late in the season in mid-April, but when the winter is cold, there's also sometimes snow in Tahoe -- not so much in Nevada City which is slightly lower in elevation I believe -- so a ski day capping the show isn't entirely out of the question, either.  Or maybe tubing.  If you don't mind a drive.

It's a long show -- three days -- but so fun!  Connie's husband Bill, who is the moutain man of all time with a beard and rugged appearance to match, wears teddy ears all weekend long.  That alone, and his great spirit, and the big smiles, are worth the trip.

The food and ambiance is great; Friar Tucks, Blue Moon Cafe, and Rose... Rose... Connie, what IS the name of that French restaurant with ROSE in the title... spring to mind as wonderful eats within a block of the venue, in this historic gold rush town in the Sierra foothills.

Can you tell it's as much a vacation for me as a show?  That's why I'm so loyal to it!  Well, that, and the fact that I sell well there!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

This is, at the very least, a "must SEE" show.  I went purely as a collector last year, with my husband; who, by the way loves to gamble in Reno!  If we didn't have a trade show in March already planned, we would definitely be planning a trip back again.  It's such a great little town in a fabulous venue.  Oh!  And visiting with the artists.......I mean, seriously.  Seriously!  If you're not showing at this show you should at least be attending!!

Who knows......maybe I'll sneak in.....

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Board footer