Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie … :B:SS:CA:1

I saw this on ebay today - just stunning. I thought it was a photograph at first.
:clap:
Marion

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Wow! Thanks for sharing.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

What a beautiful work of art.  There are some really talented people out there.  Thanks for sharing.

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

That is just amazing, wow what a talented lady  bear_wub

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

I still cannot believe it is a needle sculpted horse!
Such an amazing work!
This horse looks real!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Mikki Mikki, Cripple Creek Creative
Bethel, Ohio

Beautiful Job...elegant face and wonderful colors.
                                           Mikki

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

That is an amazing horse...acrylic roving...and air brushing...etc...

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

Wow. I am totally impressed. I have been collecting horses for 35 years and I am super critical since I was raised around real horses and showed them. Some artistic horses can come off being really hoaky. That one is absolutely beautiful.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Fantastic its so realistic, thanks for sharing Marion.

audemesange Aude-Mesange Creations
Montral

Wow, beautiful horse, a shame that she is not here to see your great comments, I think I'll e-mail her the link.

Katrina's Miniatures Katrina's Miniatures
Website

WHOA!!  That's incredible!

Florida Felter Enchanted Equine Studio
East Central Florida

Greetings from Florida and thanks to everyone for their kind comments on my horse!I am happy to have found this forum and look forward to sharing with all of you!I have several new pieces in the works and the gray arabian horse in my avatar is my most recent one I have managed to get completed.I love needlefelting and predict many,many horses in the future!

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Welcome, Nicolette! Your work is amazing! I love your avitar photo and can't wait to see more!!

East Central Florida

:hug:  I am so excited to be on this forum!It seems so happy and freindly here!A nice change from other forums I have found!

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Welcome Nicholette!!! Your horses are wonderful!!!!

Hugs &

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

Wow..... what amazing pieces u do.....

puts a whole new perspective on needle felting... ...they are beautiful

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Welcome to Teddy Talk Nicolette.  My goodness you have talent!!! Beautiful work....

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Nicolette welcome to TT, and your work is fabulous, congratulations. :clap:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Nicolette, I cant help but drool over your amazing creations. The detailing leaves me speechless.
I am wondering what fibre you are using? and how do you get it so smooth without little fly aways? which is something I am plagued by with my needelfelting.
Your work is just stunning and I am glad you found us here as well. TT is a great  place for the creative.
Wendy bear_thumb

East Central Florida
matilda wrote:

Nicolette, I cant help but drool over your amazing creations. The detailing leaves me speechless.
I am wondering what fibre you are using? and how do you get it so smooth without little fly aways? which is something I am plagued by with my needelfelting.
Your work is just stunning and I am glad you found us here as well. TT is a great  place for the creative.
Wendy :thumbsup:

Another big thank you to everyone's kind comments!
I use acrylic  roving called Aldastar Pretty Hair,I figured since it is made of acylic,perhaps the moths will be less likely to ever eat it.Not to mention the uniformity of it makes for alot less hassles than organic wool,I think.I have actually never felted regular wool.I was lucky enough to buy a huge lot of it on Ebay awhile back,probably close to 100 bags.I believe it is much less expensive than organic roving too.
The question I get asked the most is "how do I get it so smooth?".I use sheet felt over top of the felted roving as a "skin".I also use a styrofoam that is used as housing insulation as a "base" so I dont have to felt the entire core of the piece,it saves alot of time and roving.I have a hotwire foam cutting system of tools that I use to roughly cut out the bases for my projects.The horse,for example,has a foam base in the body & neck,the legs & head are solid felt.I wrap the base with the roving and felt it together until I am happy with the shape,then I start covering it with the sheet felt and use my needles to felt the "skin" onto it.If I find that I need to add some bulk to it,perhaps on a shoulder,I simply cut more sheet felt and felt it on until it blends in seemlessly,and build it up till Im happy with it.Using a foam base also enables me to make large pieces,like the 13" horse I have up on Ebay right now!
A wise man that I admire greatly,once told me "there are many ways to cross the street",so thats my technique.Take what you want from it,and incorporate it into your techniques!

bear_wub Nicci

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

WOW!!!! Brilliant!! Thankyou very much for sharing your techniques. The sheet felt idea is totally new to me. Especially using it the way you do. I am goingnto try it with my puddles bills .
You are exceptionally clever. bear_thumb
Wendy

K Pawz Guest

Awesome!! I have admired your work for a while now and it is great to have you on TT with us now!

hugs,
Krista

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Nicci,

A warm welcome to TT and thank you so much for your tips on needlefelting!  I've drooled over your work any time I see it on eBay; being a horse lover as well I think it's truly fantastic!!!!  You have really got an eye for the realism in your pieces!

I hope you really enjoy being here on TT; there's so much to learn and so many great people on here that it makes for a good place to come and waste time that you really need to be working on your creations!  bear_laugh We're all guilty of it, I think....  bear_whistle

Again, welcome and it's great to meet you!
Kimberly W.

Board footer