Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Patsy...

Is this your book.  Probably not, as I know there are many anthologies with similar covers

anth-365robson1.jpg

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

So, so many of these same titles... Our town got a library when I was in about 5th grade. My folks were on the committee arranging it: Dad build its first circulation desk. Of course, by the time that I married, it had moved into a brand, new log cabin building in forest preserve property RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET!!! Still upset about that!!

But I've been searching for a book for 50 years and cannot find it - it surely couldn't have been the one copy sold!! I rec'd as a Christmas present (one aunt always picked out a separate title for each of her nieces & nephs each Xmas. Thx, Aunt Betty!) in the late 40s. It was a large format book 9" x 15' maybe, not really very thick, about 2 dolls, one brunette named Rose Red and a Blonde. I identified w/the brunette!

Woven through the story or chapters was teaching a child to knit. I'd already learned this but loved the projects (still have my first doll's blanket - remember the basically black yarn w/primary colors running through it??)

Have you ever tried looking up "Rose Red and ......" online?? I never knew there were so many [INVALID] sites.

Sadly, my Mom gave my/our books to younger cousins. I would pay almost anything to get a copy of this book....

Sound familiar to anyone else? If I even had a title..

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Bobbie, I think it's "Snow White and Rose Red" . . . I read it as a child, too.  A fairy tale by the Grimm brothers?

Board footer