Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

K Pawz Guest

Hi everyone, wow my first post in needlefelting!!!
My question is....is there anyway to use e-z wax on needle felting? I have started felting some of my puppies noses and like them to have a bit of a sheen to them...is there any way to wax them? I have tried to varnish them but they get all air bubbly..

Hugs,
Krista

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I have wondered this as well... I am looking foward to responses (sorry I cant offer any suggestions.....)

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Sorry possum cant help here either. I have also thought of it. but just not quite game enough.
Felt a ball shape and give it a wax job to see.  Thats all I can suggest. bear_thumb

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

I still embroider noses on my felties... then you can wax or varnish or whatever...but have not tried anything on the wool.  I wonder if 3D lacquer would work....I will check to see if I have some and try it....
Krista...did u paint on the varnish with a small brush so as not to incorporate much air?  Just gently spread it on?   what about a shiny black paint? ..... but it seems like it would almost need wax or something to fill in the voids to get a smooth surface for the varnish or paint or whatever.....maybe Bobbie will show up and have an answer......

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

I don't know...sorry...I don't even know what e-z wax is. Liquid? Solid? How do you apply it? If you can use it on embroidered noses...seems like it would work on wool noses...but I would do a test piece...

Hugs &

K Pawz Guest

thanks for the advice so far...I think I will make a ball and try some on it....e-z waz is meant for embroidered noses Charlotte....with the varnish I use clear and a very tiny brush but it just turned out all airbubbly still....hmmmmmm might try the black!!

Thanks again,
Krista

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Krista, how about trying to heat up the wax then apply it with a brush.  You could then buff it once cooled. I have not tried that but I am thinking out loud.   Another thing you could try is adding an acrylic paint finish.  Just food for thought.  Let us know how it works out for you.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I've wondered about this too and figured wax would likely be the best to use... many layers!

Do let us know how it works!

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

I haven't tried wax, but I have tried many layers of nose shine  on a felted nose, not the best results unfortunately, I say give everything you can think of a try you never know.  :)

Do you have access to Beeswax, you just rub in on, no melting required, I have a block of it,  it may work!!!   Haven't tried it yet.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Karen,
Is the beeswax soft?  I have never used it but would like to give a try sometime.  What do you buff it with after appyling?  Thanks.

Board footer