Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

sweethart8.JPGI have FINALLY weighted my first needle-felted bear! I actually think she got in the Valentine's Day chocolates and put on a few ounces  bear_laugh

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub What a cutie!!!!!

Hugs &

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

So..... what did you do?
Add something afterwards or carefully needle around the *something* from the beginning?
Inquiring minds want to know???!!!!

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

I am curious too...did you make a sack in the center of the body? Did your needle keep hitting the pellets? Can you smash the center down and feel the pellets? Do tell!

P.S. She is VERY cute! I love your paws on all your bears. bear_thumb

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

She told you what happened, curious minds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the chocolates went missing overnight :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Lynette

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

gotcha.....*weighted*.......

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Well, I use river rocks to weight my critters (cheap and easy to get - in the floral dept in most stores!!) I took my basic body shape "fluff ball" and needlefelted the one side and made sort of a "pouch" and then closed the other side by needlefelting and needlefelted around the pebbles... Took a while to get it firm enough but it did work!!!!

Jennifer - since you make your bears attached to pin cushions, you could always weight the pin cushion instead (just a thought)....

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website
kbonsall wrote:

Jennifer - since you make your bears attached to pin cushions, you could always weight the pin cushion instead (just a thought)....

Hey Kim, that's exactly what I do! I also like your idea of weighting the bear. I changed the feet on my bears from my earlier ones. I started making a foot instead of a "stub." It make them sit better and gives me the option of making shoes.

Your stuff is so cute, it blows me away!

Board footer