Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

I just want to say hi to all of the new members and say what great bears and other critters have been posted on here lately. As most of you may know, I have had a bout with pnuemonia AND trying to replace a fence that blew down on my rental property at the same time. So needless to say, I am a bit slow recovering, but am now sitting in a motel room in Yuma, AZ, getting a long needed rest. ( My fiance is here on business) Wishing I had brought my little Yorkie with me though as......... drum roll please........ she is pregnant again. She is due April 13th.... almost too close to the Nevada City show... sigh... what do you think Shelli... could I sneak her into the show? lol
Sonya

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

SunnieOne wrote:

what do you think Shelli... could I sneak her into the show?

Actually, possibly YES.  I've seen dogs there many times before.  The exhibitors travel with them.

Write to Charles Woods and ask!

PS  I'm just starting to make bears for NC.  Not a single one made yet.  Seriously.  I'm not gonna have a good next few weeks, sleep and stress-wise.  I've been swamped with Boyds deadlines that chewed a hole in my March prep time, and with life issues of the worst kind (my sister Paulette is probably days to weeks from death by ovarian cancer metastates, and my mom is totally and completely falling apart. I spend hours each day on the phone with her, then with my other sister to keep track of who said what, who knows what, who's doing what, etc.  <sigh>)

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh Shelli you poor thing you must be so worried. What a tragic thing for your family to be going through. I'm sending you a huge hus for each of you. God bless you all.

Hugs Jane.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

puca bears puca bears

Oh lord - Sonya and Shelli - you poor things...you really have been, and are, going through it!
Life is b..... hard sometimes....positive thoughts and big virtual hugs to you both.....
but on a lighter note Sonya - the thought of your little dog maybe deciding to give birth at the show....could be VERY interesting!!!!
big huggies
Maria bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh dear, ladies . . . both of you need big huge hugs and several more hands to help you out.  Hope you're feeling much better, Sonya, and Shelli - I'm really sorry about your sister.  Sending best vibes for strength to get through this stressful time.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Oh no how awful, poor things. Life is so, so cruel sometimes. I am sending hugs your way too Shelli and Sonya.

Warm wishes
Pauline

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Shelli,
     I'm sorry to hear that your sister is so ill.  I know the stress involved and my heart goes out to your family.  I hope you can manage to get everything finished.

Sonya,
      Here's hoping you get back on your feet soon.  It takes such a tole on your strength.   It's been an awful winter -  hubby is on his second round of Bronchial Pneumonia and I've just finished my second round of antibiotics.

hugs,

Brenda

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Hope you're feeling better after a rest, Sonya. It's always good to be away from home in a hotel where you've nothing to do but rest, read and order room service.

Shelli: I am just so, so sorry about your sister. I can only imagine the stress you and your family are experiencing. You didn't say where your family lives so I hope you get the chance to see your sister while she's able to enjoy your visit.

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Shelli,
So sorry to hear about your sister.  I wish I could give your mom a hug.  I can't think of anything worse than loosing a child.  You all are in my prayers.
Sonya,
You take care of yourself.  The Outside Inn allows pets and there have always been dogs at the show.  Give Charles a call to make sure that there have not been any complaints that have ruined things for those who bring their pets just to be sure.  You can bring your yorkie up to the cottage for the get together Friday night. 
See you both very soon.
Donna

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Shelli, I am sooo sorry to hear about your sister. I wish there was something I could say to make it all better and give you lots of extra energy. But I can offer my hugs and heartfelt sympathy.
I think I will call Charles as soon as I get home on Friday and see what he says. keeping my fingers crossed. the other alternative is for Michael to stay home with her and for me to drive the 7 hours to the show..... not excited about that.. I think I would be lost. And even though dogs generally do not have puppies early, I would feel awful if she had them when I wasn't there.. in fact, that is not even an option.. Yorkies are so small and the chance of having to have them by c-section is so high. I just couldn't let her stay home with my Dad checking on her a couple of times a day.  Michael even considered sneaking her into the show.. lol.. We took her to San Diego a few times. She just stays under my table in her crate or sleeping in her bed.
Sonya

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Sonya, so glad you are back and over your illness  :hug: 

Shelli honey, I am so sorry  bear_cry  :hug:  bear_cry   :hug:   You're in my thoughts

Board footer