Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

pookie.jpgJust was browsing ebay and my first bear that is reselling is listed  bear_ermm   Dunno whether to be hurt, sad, disappointed or what... or am I just over-reacting?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Introducing-POOKIE- … dZViewItem

OOHHHH my poor pookie!

K Pawz Guest

don't worry too much about it Kim...my first bear actually got resold today too!!! But I am happy as the person who was selling him needed to downsize and the person who bought him has been trying forever to snag one of my bears, so I am very happy as he has gone from one loving home to another!!!

hugs,
Krista

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

That must feel very strange!!  I would always hope that when my bears are adopted, they are at their home for life.  But you never know people's circumstances, and people's reasons for having to sell.
Remember that whoever bids on little Pookie (who, by the way, is a really cutie), really wants him, and I'm sure will give him a good home.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Yea, allot of people sell their collections because of divorces too, they just need fast money. But that bear is really cute so I would not worry.

I saw one time a bear I made years ago , a clown bear  17 inches . They said they didn't know who made it , I contacted them to tell them I did. But that felt really strange. I even found 2 of my early bears in an antique shop !! Thats when you know you have been doing it a long time :crackup: I guess I am older that what I think  :dance:

burlisonbears Burlison Bears
Louisville, Kentucky

Aww, I hope Pookie finds a good home, Kim.
You know, I've always wondered if I'll see one of my bears for sale someday. I can imagine my first reaction would be similar to you Kim---sad, hurt. Actually, I wouldn't be angry about it, but I would feel that maybe that bear didn't go to the right person initially. But then again, you don't know their circumstances. I've had to sell off books, dvds, and video games at certain times over the years when hard financial times hit. Though if I was ever fortunate to own an artist bear I don't think anyone could rip it out of my arms to sell it even if I was going bankrupt! But that's just me! I love artist bears and I don't own any...not even my own!
bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

-Eliza

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

Hmmm, that would make me feel weird too. That is why I don't search for aerbears on ebay too often. It may be happening, but I really don't want to know about it. I wouldn't take it personally though, Pookie is a wonderful bear. The person selling probably is downsizing or something. Don't be discouraged, your bears are great! :hug:
Aeri

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

It is kind of a strange thing to see people re-selling your bears.. I've had it happen many times.. but that happens when you have been in the business for awhile. Peoples tastes change or they need money... or space!. The first time I saw one of my bears re-listed I was upset.. so I think that is a normal reaction.. but don't worry about
it.. I think it happens to everyone sooner or later  bear_flower
Big Bear Hugs!
Melanie

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Kim: I visited her other auctions and she has another little bear, Pumpkin, by Emma Louise Braiden, for sale, so everyone if probably right is suggesting it's just the circumstances in her life right now. At least she's giving you both credit for the design. However, I agree with Eliza, I would never sell your bears or any other artist bears I might be lucky enough to own.

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

The part that I hate is that their pix are so bad!!!
Was it you Jodi M that said you even offer your own pix to collectors when situations force this action? That's most kind of you and keeps your work in the proper realm.
Her pix are BAD, Kim!!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
Marlys wrote:

However, I agree with Eliza, I would never sell your bears or any other artist bears I might be lucky enough to own.

Aren't you to sweet for words!!!  :hug:  :hug:

I agree, the pics are HORRIBLE!! YIKES!  I just hope that he goes to a good home and STAYS there! poor fella!

Thank you girls, I kinda had mixed emotions, one of which was self-doubt and me thinking maybe my bears aren't good enough (I am REALLY, REALLY hard on myself, if you dont know that already about me LOL)

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Awwww, Kim Bee!  Don't take it personally; you never know why it might be happening.  I have two of your bears, and neither one of them are going ANYWHERE!!!! bear_original  :hug:

Kimberly W.

dogdayafternoon South

Hi Kim,
From one collector to a seller~ Maybe the seller of Pookie lost her husband or something even worse!  If you feel sad, why not buy Pookie back?  There is no reserve on her.  The person reselling her was honest enough to let all know who created her!!!  What an honor in this world as it is!!!!  Fondly, Debbie

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

You girls are right... and I would buy Pookie back, that was my initial reaction but I don't have the money at this time and besides, I am sure whoever gets him this time WILL keep him! LOL... I hope!  :doh:

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Kim don't feel sad....it happens to everyone.  I could kick myself 20 times for missing the bidding on a michelle lamb resell.  The auction ended just this Sunday morning.  I had it tagged as a watched item and I missed it by one hour.  I don't think anyone knew it was even out there.  I don't think it reflects poorly on Michelle at all. I"m not sure why the seller didn't list as featured and set a reserve, but I could still kick myself for missing it!! <ugh>  You're in very good company for re-sells.  And who knows why the buyer is now selling...maybe to make room for more bears and future KimBee bears bear_flower
:hug:
~Chrissi

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

And I was thinking, who knows, I might get more customers off of this resale!  bear_laugh

dogdayafternoon South

Hey Kim,
  Gee!  Guess it's not too bad then that somebody is selling Pookie, since you might get more sales in the end.  Wow, your post is quit different from the beginning.  I kinda felt bad for you, but now you seem okay since the end result might bring more money for you!  Did I miss something here?   Debbie

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836
dogdayafternoon wrote:

Hey Kim,
  Gee!  Guess it's not too bad then that somebody is selling Pookie, since you might get more sales in the end.  Wow, your post is quit different from the beginning.  I kinda felt bad for you, but now you seem okay since the end result might bring more money for you!  Did I miss something here?   Debbie

Kim took what she thought was a lemon at first and made lemonade...she's looking at the up side. Collectors and sales are an obvious upside to what we do.  She should view the listing as a good thing now. Maybe it will bring in a few more eyes and collectors/consumers.  I hope it does for her bear_flower

:hug:
~Chrissi

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

I have had a few of my early bears resold, I cringed when I saw them, but they ended up making more then I sold them for, at least that made me happy.  Pookie's a doll!!!!!!!   I am sure the person just needs the cash.   Some collectors buy and sell pretty quickly , they collect so many, they just don't have enough room for them all. 

Big Bear Hugs
Jodi

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

The first  time it happened to me I was miserable...and felt hurt and depressed...but then again I thought that maybe the people who do it buy them to sell on so they can buy more bears..and sure enough that has happened. My bears have moved on such alot in design and people have sold old ones and then bought my newer bears so I do understand that.....It still feels weird though!!

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

found one of my rat bags on ebay once
- it wasnt credited as mine and when i contacted the seller they didnt reply
i was v v sad and hurt so i know how you felt finding it !

i have also had my design ripped off by a mainland european outfit !
that lost me sleep for a while i can tell you
steve said look upon it as flattery !
cat xxx

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
dogdayafternoon wrote:

Hey Kim,

Debbie, my initial reaction was to feel very hurt and I am very over-critical on myself and very hard on myself but I am trying to think positive.... If Pookie wasn't meant to be with her, he wasn't meant to be there....  Like Chrissi said, turning lemons into lemonade  :hug:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: I'm sure I would have mixed emotions as well. I think I would prefer tobe in ignorance of a resale :hug:  :hug:
Pookies darn cute!!!
Wendy

Dilu Posts: 8,574

SOOOOO?  Are you going to bid on him?

I think if it were me I would try and buy the kritter back....especially yours cuz they are so cute....

Hmmmm....where's that listing......

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Dilu, if I had the moolah, I would buy him back and do a giveaway from my website for my customers (but I am a little short right now so that, unfortunately, won't be happening  bear_ermm )

I guess the reason that this bothered me so much is 1) I've never had this happen before... 2) I put so much heart, soul and work into one of my bears and even adopting them to their original homes is a bit difficult (I guess you girls can all relate bear_original  )  but then I think of fate, what is meant to happen, will happen bear_original 

I try not to be hard on myself and try to think positive and am truly a genuine person who makes bears not for the money, after all if it was about the money, I would have quit long ago!  This is a hobby, a past time, a way to have art in my life... and to bring my love of art out of my heart and soul and give part of that to my customers means the world to me....

K Pawz Guest

hang in there Kim...looks like he is doing quite well so far!!

hugs,
Krista

Board footer