Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Bayside Bears Bayside Bears
Cape Cod, MA

I never take it personally if I see one of my bears being offered on Ebay. It is usually a question of downsizing or a financial matter. And Bobbie, you are right , the photos they use are usually awful, so I always offer to give them mine to put up....I don't want anyone to see my bears looking terrible!
I want them to feel good about the investment they made in buying one of my bears and if it helps them sell the bear, I'm happy for them and they are happy.

Mary Lou Foley

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Add me to the list. It has happend to me too. I don't know why the person resold my bear but I think it was probably finances. She had paid for the bear over several months....so maybe she couldn't afford it in the first place.

Pookie is absolutely wonderful. I'm sure he will have a home in no time!
Amy

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

It's happened to me too. When I first saw it listed, I was a little sad. The collector selling it was a lovely lady who purchased several of my bears over the years and also introduced my work to the My Friends and Me store owner in Leesburg, VA which was a great connection for me. She has listed several artist bears recently so I expect it's a matter of downsizing. Anyway in the end Connie B bought him for a very good price.  bear_thumb and I got a chance to see him again at her house. He was an older bear of mine and the first thing I thought when I saw him again was "Hmmmm. He needs airbrushing!"

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

I've had a bear of mine put on eBay.  She decided she wanted to collect larger bears.  But then, she seemed to be buying a ton of bears and selling a ton of those bears - I think trying to make a profit.  But she made losses.

It was a shock when I saw it, but then I figure it is their collection - their bears, they paid for it, they have the right to sell it.  So, it doesn't worry me.

Try not to take it personally - it'll happen plenty more times too.  It may have happened before, you mightn't foudn the auction, I figure that's very possible for me.

I collect vintage barbie dolls, and sometimes I purchase from the original owners.  I know some of them wouldn't like me to sell their dolls down the track, but I still will - because your tastes change, or you don't have room etc... Just try not to take it personally.
Danni

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Would some poeple do it just to make money- I have not ventured into ebay selling yet so not familiar with how you start off and how you end!! but if you bought at $1.00- then after a few months- you then sell at $2.00 making yourself a profit ?
They start off buying a bear from a reputable artist knowing that it will re sell in the future so when initially purchasing it not done for the "love of the teddy" but purely for financial gain ???

Lynette

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

They start off buying a bear from a reputable artist knowing that it will re sell in the future so when initially purchasing it not done for the "love of the teddy" but purely for financial gain ???

Ah, but "There's the rub..."   Anyone who has done any homework on eBay knows that the secondary market just does not exist. Not there anyway. Wth very few  - VERY FEW - exceptions, the reseller is lucky to get a minimum opening bid.

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Kim,

I know exactly how your feel, I've seen two of my bears relisted....and you sort of feel insulted that they want to sell them on..but I think a lot of people hold bears for awhile and then decide they want others and need the funds to keep buying.....
I was disappointed in the pics they had taken to relist them, so I actually sent them the original auction pictures and wished them goodluck with the sale...both bears then resold for their original selling price..so I felt quite good that they had held they're value...I also received emails both times telling me they had sold and thanking me for understanding.......

Board footer