Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

HELLLOOOO, IV JUST MADE MY 100TH BEAR, HOW MANY HAVE YOU MADE?
I DIDNT REALISE IT WAS SO MUCH, I WRITE DOWN THE DETAILS OF MY BEARS IN A LITTLE BOOK AND I COUNTED THEM AND I CANT BELIEVE ITS SO MANY!
I MUST BE ADDICTED!

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

Hi Kim

I just made my 250 st. yesterday.
I guess I´m addicted too    bear_whistle

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

I've used over 2100 foot pad tags, when I was at my most prolific (mainly custom orders from the customers coat.) There have also been bears without paw pad tags.

They add up really quick.  I made about 120 bears just for photography for the book 101 Bears to Make.

In those days, I did have employees helping to sew and stuff though.  I did all the finishing work myself.
Now, I do more computer work than bear making,   but still manage to pop out a few critters and dollies here and there.

hugs,
nt

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Well, not that many...........  20?  I started back in the late 80's and I took my first creation, after much labor and concentration, to a bear show nearby.  I was walking around the show with my bear, comparing him to all the beautiful bears on display.  Two ladies were talking about their bear purchases, so I asked them what they thought of mine.  Their comments - and I quote - "Oh, that's awful.  Terrible.  Where on earth did you get that???"  "Well, I made it myself"  "Oh, it's really not that bad.  Kinda cute..... blah, blah, blah......"  After that I stopped making bears for quite a while....... 

I came across my little heartbreaker recently in a corner of my closet.  I haven't gotten rid of him, since he is my first.  I still look at him and don't think he is near as bad as those ladies made me feel..........  Here is a photo of my "terrible, horrible" first bear..............

first_bear.jpg

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Between about 85 and 90 bears in the past twelve months ... usually it would be a few more, but my house selling and buying blew a huge hole in my schedule!  bear_cry

StarHawk2003 VallierBears
Shropshire

By far I've made the most, Since 5 months I've made 4 bears  :crackup:  2 I just couldn't do and now i'm starting to get on a real roll for them, Making my own patterns and all. 

Sooo many lol.

Richy~

StarHawk2003 VallierBears
Shropshire

Connie, If he was my first bear, I would be SUPER proud of him, I've not even going to show you mine!

He is just adorable!

Richy~

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

CONNIE, YOUR 1ST BEAR IS FANTSTIC, THERES SOME BUGGERS OUT THERE(PUTTING IT POLITELY)
MY 1ST BEAR WAS A RIGHT SIGHT, INFACT IT IN THE BOTTOM OF ONE OF THE KIDS TOY BOXES SOMEWHERE. YOURS IS  BRILL AND I CANT BELIEVE YOUVE ONLY MADE 20.

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Ive lost count!  I didn't keep a good record at first but I do now.

That is a great first bear Connie.  I still have mine at the top of the wardrobe, he is dreadful really and his joints swing up and down!  I used good mohair too as it was a kit - what a waste!

Warm wishes
Pauline

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Geesh some people are horrible! That is an awesome first bear! Mine is totally pathetic.. I'd take a pic of him to share but all my stuff is packed in boxes right now.  bear_sad  bllllaaaaahhhhhhh.

Bear Hugs!
Melanie

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

How many?  I have no idea bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko and they just keep coming.  Welcome to the bear adiction! :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Over 100 I guess. Most of them are still sitting in my cupboards, on shelves, tables, sofas.... Mostly minis and I started sometime around 1999 I think.

Connie that bear is beautiful! Not at all a typical beginner's bear. Those mean ladies (ladies? huh) where just snobs, who probably couldn't make a bear themselves.

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Well, let's see.......say I average 50+ bears a year, multiply by 6 years......EGAD!!  I've made well over 300 bears!!   bear_shocked  bear_shocked Who knew?  bear_wacko

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

Connie.....just goes to show what a couple of nosey old bats know  ...... never listen to people like that ...just move on and very quickly..... because honestly??,  they are toxic.     What a horrible way to go through life...sure am glad I am not them.

That is a great bear for a first.... as a matter of fact it would be a great bear for any number.... lol..... what a great little face....paw pads appear to be stitched on really well too...some people just can't say anything nice at all can they?

Sure glad you came back to it......

bubbles Bearz by Ilze
Canberra

I've made 1064 bears so far (that is since January 1999).  :)
Gosh, I thought that was a lot, but my friend Ingrid ( http://www.ingebears.homestead.com ) has made 1857 bears since 2000. Now that is a lot of bears!!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

GOOD question! LOL - off to try to figure it out....

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Honeybunny8.JPGLooks like my newest bear Honeybunny is my 100th! Wow, I didnt realize until you asked how many we've made! LOL... so 100 since April of 2005 Not too shabby!  bear_laugh (I am not counting ones that "haven't made the cut" ya know, the ones that are still missing body parts  bear_shocked )....

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I just counted.  I've made 98 "good" ones, most of which I've sold, and about 15 that are in a box; those were my practice bears!  So I guess that makes roughly 115 or so.  Gee, I didn't realize it had been that many!  I work really, really slowly, and like to make one at a time.  Not great for my bottom line but it certainly keeps things fun!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh dear . . . I've made bears for 10 years.  Don't think I want to go back and count them all, although I do have pretty accurate records.  I'm going to say that I averaged 60 - 70 bears/year.  That adds up to about 600 - 700 . . . give or take a few.

burlisonbears Burlison Bears
Louisville, Kentucky

Good Lord! Some of y'all have made a ton of bears!  bear_shocked
I'm at the grand total of 39.  :redface:  Okay, so I'm a newbie at this. It's only been a wee bit over a year since I started! And only since January have I been able to make them at a regular basis--full time. Before, I had a hard time affording the mohair. Now my bears kinda fund themselves.

-Eliza

teeeej Brisbane

Ohhh lets see... I started about August last year. I would say a grand total of 6 (plus three almost finished)  Ohh plus I have made three cloth doll dragons in that time to. Not as many as all you wonderful artists but everyone was fun to do. I have a picture of them all in a group somewhere, I will try to post it after I get home from work (if my sister allows me anywhere near that computer :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray: )

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

I've just counted and I've made 45 (or there abouts). I've been making since January 2006 and I'd like to have made more but there's not alot you can do about having limited time because of children....and these internet forums!!  bear_tongue

Connie, your first bear is ADORABLE and those nasty ladies were WRONG!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I keep count of all my bears, i've made 175 since i began in 1999. i cant believe that some of you are in the thousands  bear_shocked  wow.  wow nancy that you made so many for your book..i'm going to pay attention next time i read it  bear_tongue

Kat Brierley Bears
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Website

17 fur bears, 2 needle felted bears, and 1 dog.

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm
bubbles wrote:

I've made 1064 bears so far (that is since January 1999).  :)
Gosh, I thought that was a lot, but my friend Ingrid ( http://www.ingebears.homestead.com ) has made 1857 bears since 2000. Now that is a lot of bears!!

bear_shocked Sheesh that's 2.5 bears a week without vacations, holidays or sick days for you and 5 bears a week for your friend. Smaller bears I presume? I bow to the queens of artist bear production  bear_grin  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Board footer