Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I am so completely frustrated right now and I had to get this off my chest.  I have a purse on ebay that is up for sale and I have been sent TWO spam emails through it, not asking questions about the item but, ... well, take a look at it yourself!

[name deleted for security] ( 3)
Positive feedback: 100%
Registered on: www.ebay.nl

Item: Express Black Beaded Velvet Hobo Bag EUC GREAT DEAL!!!! (120106360337) 
This message was sent while the listing was active.
[name deleted for security] is a potential buyer.

Dear friend, sorry for trouble you ! i'm a seller in china
,[SPAM] shoes ,brand bags jeans ,and many other goods are my marjor products, if you like my goods ,
please contact me ! thanks!

MSN:supermarketrade@hotmail.com
supermarketrade168@hotmail.com
E-mail:supermarketrade@yahoo.com.cn 

Ok, ok, so this person NOT ONLY is annoying me and trying to sell me things off of ebay, but they OBVIOUSLY HIJACKED this gal's account!!! they claim they are from China but this user, as you can tell by the message that I attached, is from the NETHERLANDS!

No, I do not want to buy anything from you, no, I do not want to buy anything from you off of ebay.... SHEESH!!!

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

I know Kim, it is really annoying - I get these all the time.  I just hit delete.  For a while I was reporting them to Ebay, but then I kept getting emails from Ebay saying that if I had purchased anything from these people I had better be careful - NO - I was just reporting them!  Sometimes it seems that you just can't win bear_angry

Jane P.

sarahjane Brisbane

They are annoying Kim I seem to get these all the time....Usually I forward them to spoof@ebay.com and then just trash them....but they are very frustrating just the same...  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  Jane we were posting at the same time...I hate those emails from ebay that make you feel like the bad guy!!!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

They are annoying and I've never gotten them before but I have had two of the same message on the same item within the last two days!!! I feel bad for the people who had their accounts hijacked ... it was this one and someone from Germany's account yesterday. 

why would they think I would want to buy a purse? I am trying to sell it!!!!  bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I often wonder if they are doing anything about the people that I report for things like this.... makes me wonder!

clare14 Country Bears
England

Very frustrating indeed, I was looking at an auction this morning and the seller had obviously got upset with a spammer and posted the email in the questions and answers on the auction page (you know the bit where you can post it on your page)  stating that she wasn't interested and STOP SPAMMING ME!! 

They're a flaming nuisance!!   bear_angry  bear_angry    I'm not surprised you're fed up with them Kim.   :hug:  :hug:

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

I don't understand why ebay can't stop this either, I get a ton of them.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

LMAO! I did sort of the same thing.. I added to my listing saying that the people who were spamming me were been reported and that it is unacceptable to send me those emails!  not that that will stop them but it ticks me off!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

were being reported LOL duh! proof read, kim, proof read!  bear_laugh

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

i wish someone would buy the darn purse so they would leave me alone! LOL  bear_laugh

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
kbonsall wrote:

T
why would they think I would want to buy a purse? I am trying to sell it!!!!  bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes

Wackos bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  that's why bear_angry   They probably have very little knowledge of the English language.  Report it to ebay.  I think it is spam@ebay.com or spoof@ebay.com    I think it's one of these.  If not please correct me.

I have had these too Kim .  Don't respond. They may be using these questions as a front to get you to respond so they will have your email that is registered with ebay.  Once they have that they can get your password from the ebay staff and hack into your account.   bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Yikes, Judi, that is scary, no, didnt respond, forwarded it to ebay... WHACKOS!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I am sorry to hear this happend to you Kim , but also am glad that you shared it.  It's nice that we can all give each other a :heads-up" on these whackos!  What goes through thier heads, I wonder sometimes. bear_wacko

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Should I be concerned that emails from ebay members are not coming to my email address?  I see them in ebay but nothing is coming to my yahoo address... I changed my password on ebay because I am a bit freaked or is maybe this just some sort of a glitch that ebay is going through?  Should I worry? should I contact ebay? A bit worried now...  bear_ermm

I should add... Items that I win, I get a message, I got a message that I changed my password and that an counter offer I made to someone expired and I got an email from that.. seems like if it comes directly from ebay I get them but from buyers, I am not...  bear_ermm

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Kim, it is SO frustrating!! The other week when I had Pablo on eBay, I had an email from someone trying to sell me products from the 'electrical' website......I didn't return the email but if I did there would definately have been a few choice words in there!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Kim, I think the safest thing to do is always contact buyers through your ebay page on the ebay site.  Click on the option to "hide email address" when sending a message.

Here's what happened to me.
I received an email from my auction page on the ebay site.  The person was 'informing' me that there was a duplicate auction.  I responded to the email to thank them for the heads up.  The next day I couldn't access my ebay account.  I also received a confirmation email from ebay to tell me my auction had been cancelled.  My bear was at a high price and only had two days left.  I did not cancel my auction.  I also received an email that my account may have been compromised......DUH!!!!    By my responding to this "informative" person they gained my email address that I have registered with ebay. Just by having that alone, they were able to contact ebay to get my password....per my conversation with ebay staff. bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked 
You with me so far?
Frantic....I went to live help and chatted with a staff member from ebay explaining my situation.  Ebay called me by phone to make sure I was who I said I was.  They asked me all kinds of questions and then told me to change my registered email and passord.  What I still cannot figure out is WHY was it so easy for someone to get my password??? I thought that was why we had security questions etc...
This creep also tried to sell my bear to every bidder on this auction.

In the end , I relisted and the auction went fine.  But it has left me very wary of any email I get from ebay.  Sorry to write a novel but I think it's worth being very careful.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

...oh...and then I willed the fleas of a thousand camels to infest thier underwear. bear_laugh

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
Judi wrote:

...oh...and then I willed the fleas of a thousand camels to infest thier underwear. :D

LMAO LMAO LMAO... Oh my, I almost pee-ed!!!  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

And then you willed them to get crotch crickets, right? LMAO  :crackup:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
kbonsall wrote:

And then you willed them to get crotch crickets, right? LMAO  :crackup:

OH YES!!!! :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: LMAO right now!

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Judi,
I am just shocked that ebay would give out your password to anyone who knows your email address that is registered with ebay! It would seem to me that it would be VERY easy for someone to get an email address - everyone who puts ads in magazines usually has their email address listed or web sites have email addresses, and as artists we aren't keeping our real names secret and just using our ebay identities so sounds like they are making it so that you would have to have one SECRET email address that is just registered with ebay and used for nothing else if they give out PASSWORDS  just from the email address!!! How many people have more than one email address anway when ebay said to you to just " change my registered email and password"!!! This is VERY scary!!!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

bear_laugh Oh, Judi, dear, you crack me up!!  :hug:

lks1 Posts: 4

Oh i have gotten lots of those as well as people wanting me to end the auction early so they can buy it cheap. Or they wont pay by pay pal would i take a money order. It is very aggravating. There is a live help place on the site that brings up an im box to talk to someone live if you keep having problems. Ebay is very hard to deal with as they wont do things over the phone and your guilty till proven innocent at least on the seller end. It is a great venue to sell things but it has its limits as well. I hope you the best it getting it to stop. Make a habit of changing your ebay pass often and make it as hard as you can with numbers and letters so that it is not as easy to get into. I also recommend the ebay tool bar as it will tell you if its not a true ebay site. Last thing is i never ever never take an email as true on ebay. You have a mail box on ebay they will send you information if they want or need something. You never know who is scamming you in an email sent to your private email.

Ray  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Good points, Ray... my passwords are getting so complicated that I am beginning to forget them! LOL  bear_laugh

you just never know who is trying to scam you and the more business you do on ebay, the more of a target you are! I am just trying to sell my unused crappola!  bear_laugh

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

It is very, very worrying. I was wondering the same thing as Edie, could they get your e-mail from your website, and then contact ebay for your password, or yes even from adverts that we use. It is getting harder to trust selling on there all the time.

Warm wishes
Pauline

Board footer