Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I would have thought that were impossible to just get a password so easy like that - if that is a regular thing they do, then anyone can get ANY of our passwords to ebay! YIKES!!!  bear_shocked   

And then I got thinking about what you gals mentioned, what about our password or that secret question??? Or maybe they do do the secret password thing but there is a rotten apple in ebay that has a link to someone outside who does this on a regular basis?  YIKES!  bear_shocked   But when you go through ebay and you want your password, you can email them "forgot passwords" and it will email it directly to you so why oh why would they give a password over the phone?  the password goes directly to your registered email account!!! Something sounds mighty fishy!!!!  bear_ermm

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Wow Judi!  I did not realize they could get your password if they knew your email address!  That is really odd!  You'd think eBay would not just "give" the password out to anyone who happens to know your email addy!  Much safer if they would "reset" your password and EMAIL it to you!  The theif may know your email address.... but odds are he cannot access your email....

I do use a separate email address for eBay than I use for my general email.  But that is because I have my ebay email set up to go to a certain folder in my email.

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

my passwords are getting so complicated that I am beginning to forget them!

LOL - We've got so many combinations of our favorite ID & password that I had to enter them into a table for DH & me to use. It's 5 pages long - we do a lot online! 

I use a clever file name for it so it's hidden in the millions of files & folders on my computer. DH may stymy my best-laid plans if we ever have someone trying to break into his computer: he cannot remember the file name so he keeps a printout next to his computer....

Board footer