Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

lottie-008a.jpglottie-009a.jpglottie-010a.jpgI have made my first open-mouthed bear!! Sorry for the bad pictures - I just couldn't wait to show you all. I'll take some better pics outside over the next few days.

This is Lottie and she WAS destined for the show but my mum thinks I should hold onto her and enter her into a few competitions. I must admit, I wouldn't mind holding onto her for a while anyway as I kinda like this little gal! She'll still be at the show but just not for sale.

She is approx 10" tall and has hand painted (not by me) lilac glittery eyes - this is the first time I've used anything other than black eyes!

I made her head and didn't like the way the open mouth looked - I think because I tend to clip the muzzle right back on my bears, so I decided to needlefelt around the mouth. I'm really pleased with the way she turned out!

So, do you think she is good enough to enter into a few competitions? I quite fancy entering 1 or 2 of the US ones.

Below are some better pictures I have taken of Lottie. I have decided to enter her into the British Bear Artist Awards in December - I was talked into it by a former judge of the BBAA's when I was at my show at the beginning of May.

bears018wy3.jpgbears010ny6.jpgbears016cb8.jpg

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

OMG - She is just ADORABLE!!!  I love the fabric and the needle felted muzzle it just perfect!  And that perfect nose!  WOW

Great Bear!

Jane

nandesign Posts: 361

Oh Gemma, she is lovely! I love her eyes...and her feet!! You should enter her...

Hugs, Nancy bear_flower

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Gemma, what a lovely little bear, so pretty!  bear_wub  I agree with you mum, enter her to competitions, I would.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Absolutely, enter her in a competition (or two!!), she is fantastic. You have made a wonderful job of her open mouthed expression. Love it!!

Best regards

Lisa

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Gorgeous pinkie bear, Gemma!
you just made the perfect choices: the colours are matching very well, the idea of a multicoloured nose is just brilliant and honnestly, you made the best choice about needle felting around the muzzle!

So I'd say, just go on and enter her in every competition you are tempted with!
She is sooooo precious! A real gem...

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_thumb  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Gemma, your bear is a real darling.  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
I agree with your Mum too, enter her in a competition  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

She is very sweet, Gemma.  And the eyes are gorgeous!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, Gemma; she's really terrific!  You've captured a really sweet expression on her and those little tooties are wonderful.  Pretty!

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

wow Gemma she is lovely, hugs Kerren

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

bear_wub She's wonderful...beautiful eyes...pretty mohair and great expression. Love her!

bubbles Bearz by Ilze
Canberra

She is stunning from her gorgeous little face to her wonderful feet!! bear_wub

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

bear_wub  bear_wub Gemma, she is just toooo cute!!  Yes, do enter her in competitions.......she's too wonderful not to! bear_thumb

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

Gemma, what a gorgeous girl!!  Best of luck to you in the competitions!  Those eyes sparkle!

Amelia

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

She's looks like a lovely wisp of cotton candy!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

nettie scotland
Website

There is something very sweet about her expression.I think you should keep her and enter her in competitions.I have sold many bears I wish I had kept over the years.I would keep her if she was mine.
Diane xx

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Thank you so much everyone... :hug:

I have decided to enter Lottie into the British Bear Artist Awards in December. You can see some new pictures of her in the opening post to this thread.

Katrina's Miniatures Katrina's Miniatures
Website

Nice job!  Enter her!

staticbear76 Posts: 222

i really love that bear she is too beautiful and those feets i just love those feets

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

Hi Gemma

She is beautyful. Love the colours. And her eyes  bear_thumb

:hug:

staticbear76 Posts: 222

she is perfect the best one ever she deserves platinum way above gold.

Board footer