Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi, I was suspicious of the high bidder of my latest auction and had emailed them once since they
did not have any feedback and they never answered. Then tonight Ebay sent me a email and said
they had cancelled the bids of mpet8319 off my auction and now it shows they are no longer a
registered user.
I hate when something like that happens, it makes the auction look fishy! I have emailed the high bidder now and explained to them what is going on.
I'm just glad it happened now or the auction might have ended with them high bidder and I would never
have been paid!

That is my question to those of you that list with ebay a lot.
1.  I'm always suspicious of someone out of the blue bidding on my auctions with no feedback and no bids on any other auctions.

What to do????
There are some scammers on ebay that get off on doing this.
and it takes Ebay awhile to catch them.

I hate to be aggressive to someone that bids on my bears and give them the 3rd degree about not having any feedback, I know some people are just starting to bid on ebay.. This happened to me awhile back on one of my bears, the guy had no feedback and I was afraid I was being scammed but he turned out to be a great customer
and has bought 2 Fairy Doogles from me. So you just never know.  I have used Ebay with all of my bears so far trying to get my name and designs out there for so many people to see to build up a good customer base.

Just feel like GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR right now!! LOL
Thanks for letting me vent!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Awe Hun! I am so sorry this has happened to you. I have been fortunate to date (touch wood) but I am sure my day is coming. I think those regular ebayers know what kind of scams can take place. Don't sweat to much about it. I know all will be well. What goes around comes around and you are a wonderful lady! Hugs my Dear!

Louise

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

You can only do the best you can do. Just explain to the customers when ever you can when things like this come up. There are so many crazy people out there !! Hang in there. Its good he is no longer around .

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Grrrrrr! away Tami, you have every right to. I hate how these people ruin things for everyone.

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

Heh the same person bid on my Colin & Dash. Grumble.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

There's a way to exclude people with no feedback, or negative feedback, I believe... although I can't remember how to do it.  You just click a box or set that parameter, and then those people can't even get their bid placed.  I'd prefer to live in a world where everyone is trustworthy myself.  Unfortunately, we don't live in that world, do we?  Such a shame.

Tami and Kim, I'm sad for the hassle this inconsiderate person has caused you.  You both do great work, however; I'm sure your work will sell all the same!

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Awww sorry to hear that your listing was mucked up.
What I do with people bidding with no history, is send them an email welcoming them, and say that if they need any advice or help to contact me. 
THEN.... I pray like mad that it all turns out ok.
I have not had a non payer (touch wood), but I beleive in being friendly and giving them the benifit of the doubt untill something goes wrong.
Newbies respond to this, as it all can be abit daunting when you start out.
I remember my fist bid on ebay, it was for over $100 and thinking back the guy must have been having kittens too  bear_grin
But being new to it all, once I did my first transaction, I had a soft spot for this seller and continued to buy from him.
Yes, you can stop bidders with no history, but do you really want to????

Shelley Kooterboocubs
Brighton

Tami that same thing happened to me. I went into my ebay and switched the setting to where no one with zero feedback or negative feedback can bid. Then in my auction description I told them if they would like to bid but have no feedback to email me first. That is the only way I have found so far. I know it is alot of trouble but I really got burned a couple months ago. Hopefully it wont happen again. I guess most of us are just so trust worthy that we don't expect people to be that cruel.  I am glad you caught it before the end of the auction tho. Shelley bear_smile

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

I attended my 3rd eBay University here in Scottsdale yesterday. My DD arranged it when she heard Phoenix was hosting one during our visit.
If one ever comes to your city I'd highly recommend them! Each one gets more extensiver, as the whole business of buying online grows.

Here's the info you were referring to:
Blocking Bidders
Pre-approving Bidders
Setting parameters on what you need in a bidder (feedback, length or history, etc...)

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/know-buyer-ov.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/newtoebay/re … cerns.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/unw … uying.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/fee … rawal.html

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Thanks for all the wonderful links to helpful pages on Ebay, what a doll!

Board footer